Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded?
If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded?
Not that you believe, but let's just say that you lived and witness Jesus as He is described in Scripture. Out of curiosity, you listened to Him speak, you saw him heal, you witnessed the miracles, etc. How would you of reacted?
RE: If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded?
When do you think jesus' "day" was?
(March 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Not that you believe, but let's just say that you lived and witness Jesus as He is described in Scripture. Out of curiosity, you listened to Him speak, you saw him heal, you witnessed the miracles, etc. How would you of reacted?

Well if I lived in that day I'd probably get down on my knees and pray, as I'd undoubtedly not be educated enough to question what I'm witnessing. Luckily I live in the modern world where we can assess these sorts of claims scientifically. Even if I'd of viewed Jesus do the things the bible reckons, I'd still have to be skeptical. I've seen David Blaine put a giant needle through his arm. Just because I didn't know how he did it at the time doesn't make him the son of any god. The same with Jesus. Why does he have to perform these so called 'miracles' to convince people. Why doesn't god just whisper in everyone's head simultaneously and say, "I'm here douchebags".
(March 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Not that you believe, but let's just say that you lived and witness Jesus as He is described in Scripture. Out of curiosity, you listened to Him speak, you saw him heal, you witnessed the miracles, etc. How would you of reacted?

Crossless1 spits on the ground and mutters, "Bah, another cheap imitator of Apollonius of Tyana. Let's go home, kids."
"Let's go to the stoning."
Well if I see a guy fucking walking on water and instahealing people of course I'm gonna worship him, especially in Roman Judea. What an obvious, stupid, question.
IN SACULA SAECULORUM
Of course the problem is that no one living in Judaea at that time...Greek, Jew or Roman... noted any such thing.

Xtians make lots of excuses for that.....

None are very convincing.
(March 10, 2014 at 10:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When do you think jesus' "day" was?

apx 2,000 years ago

(March 10, 2014 at 10:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Of course the problem is that no one living in Judaea at that time...Greek, Jew or Roman... noted any such thing.

Xtians make lots of excuses for that.....

None are very convincing.

The Historian Josephus did.

(March 10, 2014 at 10:42 pm)Napoléon Wrote:

Well if I lived in that day I'd probably get down on my knees and pray, as I'd undoubtedly not be educated enough to question what I'm witnessing. Luckily I live in the modern world where we can assess these sorts of claims scientifically. Even if I'd of viewed Jesus do the things the bible reckons, I'd still have to be skeptical. I've seen David Blaine put a giant needle through his arm. Just because I didn't know how he did it at the time doesn't make him the son of any god. The same with Jesus. Why does he have to perform these so called 'miracles' to convince people. Why doesn't god just whisper in everyone's head simultaneously and say, "I'm here douchebags".

Prophesies in the Old Testament foretold of what Messiah would do and Jesus indeed fulfilled them. He is God so if He chose to perform miracles who are we to question it. David Blaine is yet to raise anyone from the dead let alone himself when he dies.
A 4th century xtian forgery.

In fact, the very fact that later xtian propagandists felt the need to create such forgeries should demonstrate that actual reports did not exist.
(March 10, 2014 at 10:49 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:

Crossless1 spits on the ground and mutters, "Bah, another cheap imitator of Apollonius of Tyana. Let's go home, kids."

An irreverent but clever reply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  would you tell your parents one day that you are an atheist ? Marsellus Wallace 71 12433 March 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Atheism, the short lived idea? solja247 66 19414 March 12, 2014 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: psychoslice