Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some days we like a heated controversy?
Some days we like a heated controversy?
I've noticed something strange about myself. I have moods in which I don't want to read the heated threads and just want to see the happy stuff. Other times I absolutely love getting a few bites in with the pack or alone. I find that strange. I am a bit like that in real life too where I handle controversy well at times and in other moods I avoid it like the plague. Do any of you share this quirk of moods like this?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Some days we like a heated controversy?
Yep, some days I want to sink my teeth in, some days I want to get my snark on, and other days I shake my head and wonder if there's a point.
Same here. I think that's everyone. Somedays you get tired; you need a mixing bowl full of Cap'n Crunch cereal, reruns of Xena, and a snuggie.

Other days you go looking for a good fight. Nothing gets your blood going better than a mental sparring match.
(June 17, 2014 at 10:20 pm)Brakeman Wrote: I've noticed something strange about myself. I have moods in which I don't want to read the heated threads and just want to see the happy stuff. Other times I absolutely love getting a few bites in with the pack or alone. I find that strange. I am a bit like that in real life too where I handle controversy well at times and in other moods I avoid it like the plague. Do any of you share this quirk of moods like this?

Agreed. I've been debating with myself whether to start a rant thread about all these fucking people blaming women and feminism for their inability to get laid - like that pathetic loser and his "manifesto" in California.

I really want to. I'm worked up enough about the bullshit. But, really, I can't be bothered.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(June 17, 2014 at 10:20 pm)Brakeman Wrote: I've noticed something strange about myself. I have moods in which I don't want to read the heated threads and just want to see the happy stuff. Other times I absolutely love getting a few bites in with the pack or alone. I find that strange. I am a bit like that in real life too where I handle controversy well at times and in other moods I avoid it like the plague. Do any of you share this quirk of moods like this?

Yes. A few days every month, I want to fight with everyone. Then...after that. Not so much. Calm Serene Deidre emerges again.

Big Grin
Yes, same here. Guess we all like a good balance of calm & hectic.
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
I ALWAYS like to debate on line, and with people who, in person will not be offended. With people who I can see who look hurt, well, that's not always so much fun.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Nah, same old emotionless bastard with everyone...
Just like god and nature....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
It means you are human, Brakes.
This is precisely why I no longer bother defending evolution in anything like significant detail. The only reason to do so is the same reason the man repeatedly hit himself in the head with a hammer - it felt SO good when he stopped.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 931 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2954 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  2375 Days and Counting onlinebiker 10 1097 September 20, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1584 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  30 Days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 61 4202 December 31, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  80 days to go. onlinebiker 77 11537 September 2, 2019 at 12:20 pm
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3868 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  13 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 195 14664 November 29, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Thread of Days. Gawdzilla Sama 36 3523 September 4, 2018 at 6:25 am
  Just some things I’d like to know about you. Losty 54 9813 April 6, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome