Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
(June 26, 2014 at 10:02 am)Rhythm Wrote:
(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: When you come to believe that you exist in God mind the physical reality no longer apply but everything come as slow or as fast as your spiritual progress goes. Cool Shades

That shouldn't be difficult to demonstrate -at all.

First of all you got to tell me what sort of demonstration you expect.
Physical one? Smile
(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: The spiritual side of the gland can only be discovered by practicing spirituality.

[Image: liar-guy.png]

"Oh how convenient..."

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 26, 2014 at 3:14 pm)rasetsu Wrote:
(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: The spiritual side of the gland can only be discovered by practicing spirituality.

"Oh how convenient..."

Rather than convenient i would say........PRACTICAL.
To fix your plumbing you call a plumber not an electrician or a carpenter.
That is not a question of convenient.
That is practical.
At the same time when you deal with something spiritual you use spirituality not something physical.
Does it take such a big mental effort to understand this simple thing? Thinking
(June 27, 2014 at 4:00 am)Riketto Wrote:
(June 26, 2014 at 3:14 pm)rasetsu Wrote: "Oh how convenient..."

Rather than convenient i would say........PRACTICAL.
That is practical.
At the same time when you deal with something spiritual you use spirituality not something physical.

You can't use a tool that doesn't exist
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: Physical science will discover more and more but sooner or later will find himself in a blind alley.
The spiritual side of the gland can only be discovered by practicing spirituality.

You keep missing the point of what I'm saying. Let's say there's a sceptical sort of man called Fred. He comes across instructions for opening the third eye and thinks it's just religious bullshit. If he can find a report saying that something really happens when people do this kind of exercise he might decide to give it a go and discover it's useful.

Physical science has proved that meditation and yoga have benefits on the mental and physical level but it can't prove anything else. If something else really does exist, physical science is no threat to it.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: You can't really reason with religious people as they lock themselves inside a corral of dogmas or false truth.
A waste of time and a waste of their lives considering that they are getting nowhere.

It depends what else they're doing with their lives. There are religious people fighting fires, working as doctors or nurses or caring about animal welfare etc. etc.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: When you study something you always look for a goal.
Physical science can not have a goal as the universe is finite.

The goal is to find out everything that's possible to know about the physical universe. That's going to keep scientists busy for a very long time.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: That means that sooner or later anyone studying something will want to get out the finite limitations and penetrate the infinite arena.

Scientists can follow a spiritual path in their non-professional lives if they want to. There's nothing stopping a neuroscientist from writing articles about how the brain acts as a God antenna as long as they don't hope to get these articles published in a science journal like Nature.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: Ramachandran like you like me and like all the guys in this forum we are no exception.
It is only a question of when.

How can you claim to know what other people want? All we know about Ramachandran is that he's an agnostic because he said so. He also doesn't claim that neuroscience disproves God's existence.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: A lot of good theories but where is the practical way to progress?
Suppose you want to get the driving licence.
You study all the road rules but you never drive the car.
What's the point?

You obviously missed the bit about transcending the personal and spirituality. I've been in a travelling car ever since I was born. The question is who is really driving the car. Big Grin Reading the theory of Jungian psychology has no more effect than just reading about what yoga is supposed to do. Both have to be applied. I shall stay with Jungian psychology and Eckhart Tolle's exercise because I'm not obliged to believe in things like reincarnation and Shiva teaching yoga 7,000 years ago.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: Well before we can understand this point we have to understand that the physical reality is an illusion.
That is not that simple as the brick that fall on the head hurt a lot.
Some fakirs can sleep on a nails bed without feeling any pain as other people who go in trance do.

I think Ramachandran's therapy for his phantom limb patient relates to that. Smile

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: In spirituality there are other ways to deal with this problem to an extent
by practicing the 2 lesson.
When you come to believe that you exist in God mind the physical reality no longer apply but everything come as slow or as fast as your spiritual progress goes. Cool Shades

Physical science can't prove that what you believe in is fact. It can't prove that God exists either. All it can do is prove that some ideas people have are wrong such as God created the Earth six thousand years ago.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(June 27, 2014 at 4:43 am)Mothonis_Cathicgal Wrote:
(June 27, 2014 at 4:00 am)Riketto Wrote: Rather than convenient i would say........PRACTICAL.
That is practical.

You can't use a tool that doesn't exist

Nothing really exist unless you do the effort of discover it.
There are gold nuggets somewhere hidden under the ground.
Unless you are interested in discover them they will stay where they are for ever or until you will show any interest in discover them.
At the same time there is a seed in your life that is left alone and undiscovered for lack of interest.
What apply to you does not mean that apply to me or other.
You are free to leave that seed undiscovered while other people who are interested do something to discover and turning the seed into a new life. Cool Shades

(June 27, 2014 at 7:59 am)Confused Ape Wrote: You keep missing the point of what I'm saying. Let's say there's a sceptical sort of man called Fred. He comes across instructions for opening the third eye and thinks it's just religious bullshit. If he can find a report saying that something really happens when people do this kind of exercise he might decide to give it a go and discover it's useful.
Physical science has proved that meditation and yoga have benefits on the mental and physical level but it can't prove anything else. If something else really does exist, physical science is no threat to it.

It is natural that can't prove anything else.
To open a safer you need the right key.
The universe is a crude transformation of pure spirit into matter so how can be possible for something less sophisticate to understand something more pure and advanced? Thinking

Quote:It depends what else they're doing with their lives. There are religious people fighting fires, working as doctors or nurses or caring about animal welfare etc. etc.

We are talking about philosophical matter not their normal lives.

(June 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Riketto Wrote: When you study something you always look for a goal.
Physical science can not have a goal as the universe is finite.

Quote:The goal is to find out everything that's possible to know about the physical universe. That's going to keep scientists busy for a very long time.

This is the goal of anyone not interested in spirituality and also represent the attitude of anyone who carry on with the canary syndrome.
As the poor canary feel happy to live in a cage where he can get food and protection from predators he also neglect his dharma or purpose in life which is to fly.
At the same time anyone who feel happy to live in this physical dimension neglect the real reason of life which is to reach human emancipation.

Quote:Scientists can follow a spiritual path in their non-professional lives if they want to. There's nothing stopping a neuroscientist from writing articles about how the brain acts as a God antenna as long as they don't hope to get these articles published in a science journal like Nature

???

Quote:How can you claim to know what other people want? All we know about Ramachandran is that he's an agnostic because he said so. He also doesn't claim that neuroscience disproves God's existence.

My opinion is that we have no choices.
We are stuck here in this physical world so we can only go ahead or backwards.
We can expand or reduce our consciousness so it is much better to expand it and go ahead that is why i say that Ramachandran like everybody else will have one day to choose.

Quote:You obviously missed the bit about transcending the personal and spirituality. I've been in a travelling car ever since I was born. The question is who is really driving the car. Big Grin Reading the theory of Jungian psychology has no more effect than just reading about what yoga is supposed to do. Both have to be applied. I shall stay with Jungian psychology and Eckhart Tolle's exercise because I'm not obliged to believe in things like reincarnation and Shiva teaching yoga 7,000 years ago.

Did anybody OBLIGED you?

Quote:Physical science can't prove that what you believe in is fact. It can't prove that God exists either. All it can do is prove that some ideas people have are wrong such as God created the Earth six thousand years ago.

You must be talking about religious dogmas.
Nothing to do with yoga. Smile
(June 26, 2014 at 10:41 am)Riketto Wrote: First of all you got to tell me what sort of demonstration you expect.
Physical one? Smile

Staller..... make magic happen or I call massive BS. Wink Shades

@Ape
Quote:Physical science can't prove that what you believe in is fact. It can't prove that God exists either. All it can do is prove that some ideas people have are wrong such as God created the Earth six thousand years ago.
Why? Why can't it prove that god exists? Atoms to galactic clusters .....what we see and what we can't....fission, fusion......science can handle all of of that - but not a god? Well excuse me if I don't think god is really all that complicated a conjecture, that I'm not awed by the word into accepting a statement like this.

(obvs ignoring the incorrect usage of the word prove and running with it)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2014 at 10:38 am)Rhythm Wrote:
(June 26, 2014 at 10:41 am)Riketto Wrote: First of all you got to tell me what sort of demonstration you expect.
Physical one? Smile

Staller..... make magic happen or I call massive BS. Wink Shades

@Ape
Why? Why can't it prove that god exists? Atoms to galactic clusters .....what we see and what we can't....fission, fusion......science can handle all of of that - but not a god? Well excuse me if I don't think god is really all that complicated a conjecture, that I'm not awed by the word into accepting a statement like this.

(obvs ignoring the incorrect usage of the word prove and running with it)

Matter is not the ultimate.
In fact it is the bottom.
How the hell by using the bottom you can understand what is at the top?
How a primary student can understand the knowledge of a doctor?
The universe is composed of matter and matter does not have intellect to understand what guide it.
Get real boy. Wink Shades
(June 29, 2014 at 11:01 am)Riketto Wrote: Matter is not the ultimate.
In fact it is the bottom.
Your fan favorite top ten list would be irrelevant to the point and in no way illustrative of any discernible connection to reality beyond your own preferences.

Quote:How the hell by using the bottom you can understand what is at the top?
Easily, in fact, that's precisely how we've been using our noodles/ We study underlying mechanics (the bottom) in an attempt to explain the observed phenomena (the top). It works fantastically well, for me, for you, I don't see the problem. Science doesn't have a problem with "the immaterial" anyway. Gravity, done and done.

Quote:How a primary student can understand the knowledge of a doctor?
The universe is composed of matter and matter does not have intellect to understand what guide it.
Get real boy. Wink Shades
Why couldn't a primary student understand it? What impassable barrier is there to that understanding? If there were a barrier, where do doctors come from - storks and such? Clearly, if there are doctors, there must be a way for a primary student to understand that knowledge. Whatever the universe may be composed of, and whether or not it has intellect is irrelevant to both my comments and your own.

Get coherent. Tongue

So..no magic huh? You just wanted to make the claim, you weren't interested in it's accuracy, or any demonstration of it? Why is magic so damned disappointing? Why are magical people so un-magical when confronted? What might explain all of this...hmn......guess we'll just never know Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote: Confused Ape - "It can't prove that God exists either. All it can do is prove that some ideas people have are wrong such as God created the Earth six thousand years ago."
(June 29, 2014 at 10:38 am)Rhythm Wrote: Why? Why can't it prove that god exists? Atoms to galactic clusters .....what we see and what we can't....fission, fusion......science can handle all of of that - but not a god? Well excuse me if I don't think god is really all that complicated a conjecture, that I'm not awed by the word into accepting a statement like this.

If physical science could prove that somebody's concept of god really exists there would be no atheists.

Brahman Of The Vedas

Quote: Brahman is a necessary reality, eternal (i.e., beyond the purview of temporality), fully independent, non-contingent, and the source and ground of all things. Brahman is both immanently present in the realm of materiality, interpenetrating the whole of reality as the sustaining essence that gives it structure, meaning and existential being, yet Brahman is simultaneously the transcendent origin of all things (thus, panentheistic).

One can say that Brahman Itself (Him/Herself) constitutes the essential building material of all reality, being the antecedent primeval ontological substance from whence all things proceed. There is no ex nihilo creation in Hinduism. Brahman does not create from nothing, but from the reality of Its own being. Thus Brahman is, in Aristotelian terms, both the Material Cause as well as the Efficient Cause of creation.

Quantum Foam

Quote:Quantum foam is theorized to be the 'fabric' of the Universe, but cannot be observed yet because it is too small. Also, quantum foam is theorized to be created by virtual particles of very high energy.

Quantum mechanics can't prove that Brahman exists, though, because it's dealing with physical reality. It's impossible to use physical science as a way of researching something which is supposed to transcend physical reality.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?