Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If
RE: If
(November 21, 2014 at 9:25 am)Alex K Wrote: Riketto,

your argument has a subtle flaw: NDEs have absolutely nothing to do with seeing God or any such nonsense. They are the fabrications of oxygen-starved brains.

I guess you have evidence of this?
Do you? Thinking

(November 21, 2014 at 9:27 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Additionally, NDE's have produced 'visions' of just about every god. There's no way you can look at a Christian NDE or a Muslim NDE and say they're wrong, while using Hindu/Buddhist NDE's as evidence or suggestive of your god.

I am your father and i let you play with whatever toy you like to play.
You like a puppy dog toy or you like a koala toy?
It is up to you boy.
You enjoy your toy for as long as you like.
The day you will wake up and grow up then i am sure you will want to enjoy the real thing.
There is plenty of time.
I am not in the hurry boy.
When you will be ready i also will be ready to show you the real thing.
In the meantime i let you play with your toys.
You like Christ?
Enjoy Christ.
You like Buddha?
Enjoy your Buddha.
You like the material world?
Enjoy that material world.
You see me in these images when you have a NDE experience?
I am the images of everything and everybody according to your desires before you left your body so according to your previous desires i manifest in a myriad of images.
Does this explain why so many people see different things?
(November 21, 2014 at 9:35 am)Riketto Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: "You made me. Surely you understand my skepticism better than I myself do."

God could say.........not really Park.
To understand me you first got to understand yourself.
Physically speaking you carry the seeds to procreate and continue the human race.
I also put a seed in you so you can let it grow and realize who you really are.
The problem however is that this seed need a proper ground to sprout and acquire the appearance of the original father.
It all boil down to desire to know the real self.
Many people expect the MANNA from falling from the sky.
It never happen.

You asked us what we'd say. I didn't ask you what you thought your god would say ... nor do I much care.

(November 21, 2014 at 9:43 am)Riketto Wrote:
(November 21, 2014 at 9:27 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Additionally, NDE's have produced 'visions' of just about every god. There's no way you can look at a Christian NDE or a Muslim NDE and say they're wrong, while using Hindu/Buddhist NDE's as evidence or suggestive of your god.

It is up to you boy.
The day you will wake up and grow up then i am sure you will want to enjoy the real thing.
There is plenty of time.
You like Christ?
Enjoy Christ.
You like Buddha?
Enjoy your Buddha.
I am the images of everything and everybody according to your desires before you left your body so according to your previous desires i manifest in a myriad of images.

No, I actually have zero idea what you're trying to say there.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 21, 2014 at 10:02 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I actually have zero idea what you're trying to say there.

When you said.................... NDE's have produced 'visions' of just about every god............ i guessed that you were saying that if different people see different things in a NDE experience you means that the NDE experiences can not be real experiences.
Real experience would lead to the same result according to your logic.
In my example i show you why (according to me) this can not be the case.
As far as Hindus and Buddhism versus other religions my point was not that the first are right and the second are wrong.
It just refer to the fact that some believe in reincarnation and rehabilitation and the other don't offer this chance. Wink Shades

your argument has a subtle flaw: NDEs have absolutely nothing to do with seeing God or any such nonsense. They are the fabrications of oxygen-starved brains.

Do you? Thinking

The burden of proof for a God explanation is firmly on your side, since NDEs can easily be explained by brain function. Tell my one reason why it should be something supernatural. Similar experiences can be triggered with purely physiological means.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Do you? Thinking

It is up to you boy.
There is plenty of time.
You like Christ?
Enjoy Christ.
You like Buddha?
Enjoy your Buddha.

Ricky...my love....that sounds like crazy talk to me, baby.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 21, 2014 at 10:46 am)Riketto Wrote:
(November 21, 2014 at 10:02 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I actually have zero idea what you're trying to say there.

When you said.................... NDE's have produced 'visions' of just about every god............ i guessed that you were saying that if different people see different things in a NDE experience you means that the NDE experiences can not be real experiences.
Real experience would lead to the same result according to your logic.
In my example i show you why (according to me) this can not be the case.
As far as Hindus and Buddhism versus other religions my point was not that the first are right and the second are wrong.
It just refer to the fact that some believe in reincarnation and rehabilitation and the other don't offer this chance. Wink Shades

I've never said a word about 'real experiences', I only made a comment on NDE's. My only point is that you cannot use NDE's as evidence for any god, as every religion has NDE's that confirm their faith to the faithful.

Great, Hindus/Buddhism have a reincarnation doctrine, I know. What does that have to do with NDE's, and why is it relevant to reality?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 21, 2014 at 10:47 am)Alex K Wrote:
(November 21, 2014 at 9:43 am)Riketto Wrote: I guess you have evidence of this?
Do you? Thinking

The burden of proof for a God explanation is firmly on your side, since NDEs can easily be explained by brain function. Tell my one reason why it should be something supernatural. Similar experiences can be triggered with purely physiological means.

If you are correct then how come that several people could see and describe things that in their lives have never seen.
One guy once he left his body saw the next room next to the room in which his body was in the hospital and once back in his body could describe to the nurses and doctors what was inside that room.
An other guy once he left his body saw one nurse in the same hospital in which he end up dropping a child which in the fall fracture some bone.
The nurse try to hide all this in order to avoid trouble.
Once back in his body the guy told the doctor that the boy need help.
Now how can you explain that these experiences are fantasies? Thinking
Anecdotes aren't evidence.

@Riketto

They recently did a large study where they tested that by hiding large cards with secret symbols out of view of the patient, which would be visible if floating above one's body. Not one succeeded in seeing them in their floating experience. Checkmate.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition