Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If
RE: If
(November 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Dude, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that. I wouldn't have made that joke had I known.

That's ok, I know. No offense taken. It's not something that's always obvious from my banter, nor should it be. I'm trying to reboot my life and this place is a part of that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 25, 2014 at 1:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(November 25, 2014 at 12:37 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: You used up the supply?! Whoa.

She died for real.

:-((((
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm)Surgenator Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 5:31 am)Riketto Wrote: I already explained this point.
According to me it doesn't mean a thing.
If i would be God i would only give something that it is useful to the individual progress.
Is looking at cards and remember them useful?
Of course not that is why God does not see the need to let people see and remember this particular thing.
In the case where an NDE lead to some useful thing like in the case of that guy who saw a nurse dropping a baby which broke some bones then it was useful that is why God allow the guy to saw and remember the vision.
Translation: God doesn't want you to have real evidence of an after life, just happy feelings (and sometimes not so happy feelings). He wants you to see the doctors and nurses working, but not the symbol right in above them. Identifing that symbol would save lots of souls, but who needs evidence when you got faith. Wink
Quote:Did God also let these NDE lead to the prevention of medical mistakes? No. So the NDE person was able to notice a load-crying baby and the nurses rushing to help it, but pointing out a wrong admistrated medicine that kills a patient is too much for God.

Life is all about learning.
If you do your kids homework for them they will never learn a thing.
Why God would show you the easy way all the time?
And who said that the soul would go into a permanent sewer in case you do the wrong thing?
Many religions say that but where is the evidence that God said that?

(November 24, 2014 at 5:31 am)Riketto Wrote: Real NDEs proved that there is an after life.

Quote:Read this

I can read this and that and i always find believers and not believers.
Nothing really unusual surgenator.
The reason why i do believe in real NDEs is because their evidence go hand in hand with yoga spirituality so if yoga make sense also NDEs make sense.
God does not reward or punish anyone.
Pain and bliss is all about less or more consciousness which is worked out by doing the right or wrong thing by us.
Again are the religions that invented paradise and hell not God. Wink Shades
Can I rest in peace now?
(November 27, 2014 at 10:13 am)Irrational Wrote: Can I rest in peace now?

Have you reached human emancipation yet?
If yes you can, if not you can't. Cool Shades
(November 27, 2014 at 10:04 am)Riketto Wrote: If you do your kids homework for them they will never learn a thing.

And if you eat their dessert for them, they'll never gain an extra pound. I do what I can.
(November 27, 2014 at 10:04 am)Riketto Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Translation: God doesn't want you to have real evidence of an after life, just happy feelings (and sometimes not so happy feelings). He wants you to see the doctors and nurses working, but not the symbol right in above them. Identifing that symbol would save lots of souls, but who needs evidence when you got faith. Wink
Quote:Did God also let these NDE lead to the prevention of medical mistakes? No. So the NDE person was able to notice a load-crying baby and the nurses rushing to help it, but pointing out a wrong admistrated medicine that kills a patient is too much for God.

Life is all about learning.
If you do your kids homework for them they will never learn a thing.
Why God would show you the easy way all the time?
And who said that the soul would go into a permanent sewer in case you do the wrong thing?
Many religions say that but where is the evidence that God said that?
So god was telling the patient to "not drop babies" in your NDE example. I think the patient couldn't figure it out without god's help.

Assuming god exist, I'm not expecting god to show the easy way. I expect him to show a correct way. Religions have a LOT of things wrong.

Quote:
(November 24, 2014 at 5:31 am)Riketto Wrote: Real NDEs proved that there is an after life.

Quote:Read this

I can read this and that and i always find believers and not believers.
Nothing really unusual surgenator.
The reason why i do believe in real NDEs is because their evidence go hand in hand with yoga spirituality so if yoga make sense also NDEs make sense.
God does not reward or punish anyone.
Pain and bliss is all about less or more consciousness which is worked out by doing the right or wrong thing by us.
Again are the religions that invented paradise and hell not God. Wink Shades
So you refuse to read material that points out how wrong your opinions are. Your counter is "other people have similiar beliefs to mine." So a whole group of people can be wrong e.g. Geocentricism, Slavery, Santa Clause, etc...

So you believe in NDE because your religion says it's true. Then your religion is also wrong.
(November 19, 2014 at 9:09 am)Riketto Wrote: Ok. this is just an hypothetical question so keep cool and calm.
No need to get excited.
WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OR SAY IF YOU DIE AND FIND OUT THAT YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL AND GOD IS THERE?

Your body is left behind to rot but your body is not you anymore.
You are there facing God.
1) Would you say.........oh, well there was no evidence that you existed that is why i never believe that you exist.
2) I was wrong in not looking at all options.
3) I never thought that by refusing to consider that you exist i could not expect that you manifest in my consciousness.

If none of these options come closer to your thinking then please express your thought.
I am curious to know what you would say to this HYPOTHETICAL God in this HYPOTHETICAL case.
Thanks. Smile

[Image: creepypasta_series_10__zalgo_by_dimelotu-d56cskn.png]

WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OR SAY IF YOU DIE AND FIND OUT THAT YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL AND ZALGO IS THERE?

Your body is left behind to rot but your body is not you anymore.
You are there facing ZALGO.
1) Would you say.........oh, well there was no evidence that you existed that is why i never believe that you exist.
2) I was wrong in not looking at all options.
3) I never thought that by refusing to consider that you exist i could not expect that you manifest in my consciousness.

If none of these options come closer to your thinking then please express your thought.
I am curious to know what you would say to this HYPOTHETICAL Zalgo in this HYPOTHETICAL case.
Thanks. Smile
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

Oh, no... not him. Not...

[Image: Zalgo-02.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 25, 2014 at 2:53 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(November 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Dude, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that. I wouldn't have made that joke had I known.

That's ok, I know. No offense taken. It's not something that's always obvious from my banter, nor should it be. I'm trying to reboot my life and this place is a part of that.

Peace be yours, brotha.