Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay"
RE: Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay"
The gays have a terrifying secret agenda that we should all be scared of, or so I've heard.
(December 21, 2014 at 5:56 pm)Elskidor Wrote: The gays have a terrifying secret agenda that we should all be scared of, or so I've heard.

I wonder how bad it could be.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 5:56 pm)Elskidor Wrote: The gays have a terrifying secret agenda that we should all be scared of, or so I've heard.

I wonder how bad it could be.

They're going to make all Christians dress like this:

[Image: 8990_full.jpg]

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(December 21, 2014 at 7:10 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm)dyresand Wrote: I wonder how bad it could be.

You know what i hope there plan goes through. Clap

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I always find the implication behind saying "nobody is born gay" hilarious. It basicaly says, nobody is born straight either. It's a choice and that says quite a lot about the men (I assume they are men) behind these campaigns. Obviously they're fighting day and night against their own nature.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 21, 2014 at 7:33 pm)abaris Wrote: I always find the implication behind saying "nobody is born gay" hilarious. It basicaly says, nobody is born straight either. It's a choice and that says quite a lot about the men (I assume they are men) behind these campaigns. Obviously they're fighting day and night against their own nature.

Tell those who say that that nobody is born Christian and watch their faces crack . . .

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(December 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:
(December 11, 2014 at 5:55 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Being homosexual is a deficiency?
Yes. It is contrary to the natural order, since the defining desires of homosexuality are directed away from the proper use of human sexuality.

I do have one thought on this matter, which is that you've made the usual mistake that christians tend to on this issue, by baselessly asserting that the "proper" use for human sexuality is its most simplistic mechanical component, and this simply is not the case.

Procreation is but one use of sex, a big one for the animal kingdom of which we are a part, but it isn't the only use that sex has in human beings. It also plays a part in the formation and strengthening of romantic relationships without bringing procreation into the equation, something that even the most conservative of christians understand, given just how much they build up sex as a component of a relationship, and what a big deal they make out of it. Taking sex in that light, the properly understood light of all the purposes sex serves, then homosexuality is entirely within the purview of a "proper" view of human sexuality.

You're probably tempted to dismiss this as immaterial, appealing to some undemonstrated final ultimate cause of sex, but why? Why do you get to dictate what proper sexuality is, even where you contradict our knowledge of biology to do it?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I have one thing to say about this. It doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, bisexual, etc.
But how could one just a single moment just have a justified reason to tell someone they weren't born
that way. And also ignore that science proves yes that people are actually born that way. Also why judge
people for their own sexual orientations. Its not like your going into the same bed with that person or kissing
that person so why should it bother you. Its no one business to judge 2 people of the same sex that love each other.
Or even if that person sleeps around no one should care about that. But well... bigots are going to be bigots regardless.

Code:
(December 21, 2014 at 7:10 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm)dyresand Wrote: I wonder how bad it could be.

No that's a bunch of marines on a night out. Seriously you can't keep those trained killers out of a dress.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I find it hilarious when (usually) xtians say that such-and-such is against nature, when they're the ones insisting on the ultimate unnatural entity that reveals its presence by magically intervening in nature.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 995 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Nobody reads science books metaphorically! ignoramus 55 14915 June 11, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Drich
  Okay, You Were Born Gay...But You're Still Going To Hell! Nope 18 7851 December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Born this way, baby Silver 170 53421 March 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: John V
  Being born again linked to brain atrophy Oldandeasilyconfused 14 7236 January 9, 2012 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Born again Atheist Rokcet Scientist 4 2744 September 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Jesus was born, um, somewhere around this time DeistPaladin 39 12052 March 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New Atheist Billboard Secularone 8 3214 November 4, 2009 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Meatball