Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My blog
RE: My blog
Thank you!

I started out intending it to be a blog, but it's turned into something quite different, more of a resource for new atheists or ones looking for more info. If I ever get it to the stage where I think it's good enough, I'll have to think about promoting it more as I doubt many people are seeing it at the moment. I thought that at least it may help people on this forum until then.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well, I hope it soon becomes everything you hope it to be Smile I believe in you, Valuable Rob Smile It looked pretty good last time I checked it out... when I get more energy, I can return to giving better feedback again Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Looks good so far. As someone whose blog just ticked over to 10 years old, the most important thing is to keep writing. Write about things that are interesting to you, but keep posting. If you stop, people stop looking.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Wow Rob, I haven't checked it out since you first made this thread. Damn dude! Looks great!

Also, I love your readings of the Never Ending Story...lol! It's fun to see what a person looks and sounds like IRL as opposed to how you imagine them based solely on their username/writings.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Cephus: thank you. I would love to add to it more regularly, sadly my lack of energy restricts what I can do. But I'll try and keep adding to it when I can Smile

Nestor: really? Wow thank you! That means a lot, I appreciate it. I find it very hard to evaluate my own work, I always have a little voice in my head saying, "It's a bit shit, isn't it." I'm hoping it would be of some use to people new to atheism and apologetics at least. Yeah the story videos are a lot of fun to do, glad you like them Smile I want to do more of them when I've got the energy to type them up.

I'm thinking the next thing I need to do is a glossary, both to help with words on my site that may not have obvious meaning, and in general regarding these subjects.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(March 27, 2015 at 3:19 am)robvalue Wrote: Cephus: thank you. I would love to add to it more regularly, sadly my lack of energy restricts what I can do. But I'll try and keep adding to it when I can Smile

The most important part of having a blog in the first place is to write regularly. The most successful blogs post every single day, most multiple times a day. They continue to provide new content that brings readers back over and over again. If you have nothing to say, why have a blog in the first place? It's a commitment, one that I've had for more than a decade, I have never written less than 4x per week in all that time.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
I have chronic fatigue syndrome, and it's more like a resource than a blog now. If you look at it more closely that should be apparent.

Index of my best videos
I'm wondering whether to make an amendment on my website, and I'm looking for opinions please Smile

It seems to me now that strong atheism is not necessarily gnostic atheism, at least as commonly used. Instead, strong atheism is the belief that there is no gods, which may optionally be increased to gnostic atheism if this is made into a knowledge claim.

Who would agree that this is correct and a change worth making please? Smile

Index of my best videos
Maybe you should not use jargon that is rarely used. Keep it simple. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/def...sh/atheism
Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/def...sh/atheist
A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Just qualify the range of disbelief from holding something to be false to just not holding it true. 
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Yeah, it's probably too much detail. Good point. People are too confused about it already! I'll leave it as it is.

Thanks!

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My New Blog Shining_Finger 9 1693 October 27, 2015 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Losty
  My new blog on Why I'm an Atheist Quasar 2 1584 February 7, 2012 at 1:35 am
Last Post: passionatefool
  Blog Talk Radio - Atheist / Christian Dialogue Tiberius 5 2626 April 27, 2010 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Tiberius