Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 5, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Tennessee
RE: Oh Tennessee
(April 17, 2015 at 9:49 am)AFTT47 Wrote: Nothing I said was untrue. 

If it passes, the state will have to spend thousands (maybe even millions) in a futile attempt to defend an obviously unconstitutional law. Wouldn't that money be put to better use feeding the hungry?

Well, given that this is obviously unconstitutional, it's really just an attempt to show how pious they are.  Christian politicians are always trying to outdo each other to prove their piety to their dim-witted supporters.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
while being in their second/third/forth (adulterous according to Jesus) marriages . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What's being sent back to be reworded? The bible? About time! Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: It seems almost like it is discrimination, ignoring everyone's beliefs in the state.

What other parts of the First Amendment don't you understand?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(April 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: It seems almost like it is discrimination, ignoring everyone's beliefs in the state.

There, there, climb down off your cross. The United States is secular, but that doesn't meaning we're nailing you guys up. You have the right to worship as you see fit. You do not have the right to use the government to leverage your beliefs onto everyone else. 

The Establishment Clause protects you, too. It's a pity you've not studied it enough to understand that.

(April 17, 2015 at 9:49 am)AFTT47 Wrote:
(April 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm)Godschild Wrote: Untrue it was sent back to be reworded. There's a good chance it will pass next year.

GC

Nothing I said was untrue. 

If it passes, the state will have to spend thousands (maybe even millions) in a futile attempt to defend an obviously unconstitutional law. Wouldn't that money be put to better use feeding the hungry?

Because the Christian thing to do is have the wealthy spend an inordinate amount of time playing politics and wasting money rather than help their fellow man?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(April 17, 2015 at 1:19 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(April 17, 2015 at 9:49 am)AFTT47 Wrote: Nothing I said was untrue. 

Because the Christian thing to do is have the wealthy spend an inordinate amount of time playing politics and wasting money rather than help their fellow man?

Sounds like modern day christianity to me. christianity has always been about money most religions.
Except for Quakers they are the true christians not accepting technology living on a farm doing hard work. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Was it the Quakers or the Amish that schismed over hat brim width ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 17, 2015 at 2:24 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Was it the Quakers or the Amish that schismed over hat brim width ??

They both have the same type of hats the only real difference is.
Quackers are far more liberal with christianity than the Amish are. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
There's at least one huge difference.  Quakers were the tech nerds of their day, the amish were (and are) institutional luddites.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!