Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logo Competition
RE: Logo Competition
Here's a new concept that I call "We believe in Science"...

[Image: nOWPfCN.png]
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Make me some gyros!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
mmmm ... gyros, that sounds good.

meanwhile, sorry about the perceived thread submission Tibs.
I didn't want to spend any real time on an actual submission if no one was interested in it.  

Salutations and what have you -- 
[Image: Evolution.png]

Just a thread bump to remind people that the deadline for submissions is the end of the month!
(May 11, 2015 at 3:55 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Just a thread bump to remind people that the deadline for submissions is the end of the month!

oh god oh god, nap is gonna win this  Smile
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
What, we're not going with Jebus and the ellyphunt ??

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Guys, I know we're all a lot better than that.
The graphic logo is just the formality.
Let's just brainstorm the concept first. That's 90% of it.

Eg: do we want to attract science people. Our current logo does that in a serious fashion.
Do we also need to introduce the biological aspect to it? 
The double helix is just as damaging to religion as the atomic symbol.

Ultimately, it's probably important that we keep a serious aspect to it as it reflects the technical knowledge of this forum. 
If we could add anything, it would be a saying.

Eg: 
 Athiest Forums
Let your mind wonder!
Or Let there be Logic
Or "Evolve"
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Let's see .. a dog or two .. some flowers .. could work.

(May 1, 2015 at 6:25 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(May 1, 2015 at 1:33 am)Cinjin Wrote: If you're willing to depart from a universe theme, it might be cool to go with a DNA/Human/Science idea.

[Image: 9a1KeoR.jpg]

maybe?
Yes. This. Very nice work Smile

Me too, there is something about those cross pieces reaching across the stands that reminds me of the classic Cystine chapel god to man finger pointing.
(May 14, 2015 at 1:28 am)whateverist Wrote: Let's see .. a dog or two .. Cystine ...

A dog-god fits with that palindrome thing. Anubis, perhaps. Or Wepwawet. But Cystine = Sistine (Italy) or Cysteine (amino acid)?
(May 14, 2015 at 12:59 am)ignoramus Wrote: Eg: 
 Athiest Forums
Let your mind wonder!
Or Let there be Logic
Or "Evolve"

I think just "atheist forums" is enough, adding anything else would be an attempt to speak on behalf of all atheists IMO. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Forum Logo / Banner + Merchandise! Tiberius 31 5120 September 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016! Tiberius 13 3530 December 2, 2016 at 8:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive