Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Catholic
RE: Ask a Catholic
(June 4, 2015 at 11:00 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(June 4, 2015 at 10:29 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Wow, you really are an arrogantly disingenuous cunt, aren't you? You said she specifically warned you and threatened you with a ban.

I see nothing in the quote you posted - the only one I was able to find myself - that even comes close to that. You clearly have no idea how Staff operate here, or simply don't give two shits, if you still think that a single Mod has the authority to ban a regular member of her own volition, especially after having it explained to you by two seperate people. Even if that were the case, the rest of the Staff have the power to reverse the ban should they disagree with it.

Yes, spamming is grounds for banning. However, we have plenty of tools at our disposal to consider before we get there - we call it due process. Also as I have pointed out before, the very first section in the Rules is a disclaimer stating that Staff reserve the right to enforce them as we see fit.

But please, carry on playing the martyr if you get off on it. I'm not one to cockblock.

If the word "implicit" is problematic for you, you could Google it (remember, I'm not allowed to link you to it, yet. Big Grin )

Here are the facts:

1. In your own post, I have highlighted your confirmation of the fact that spamming is grounds for banning.
2. rexbeccarox warned me that creating (OMG) three threads and not posting in them may be considered spamming (a ban-able offense) thereby implying that
3. Randy Carson better get his ass in gear and start responding to folks in his three little threads or he could be banned for spamming.

Is this really rocket science?

The REAL problem is that there are a lot of folks who not only have the "Bully with a Badge" title under their avatar, but also participate actively in the threads which sets up the real possibility of them losing objectivity. Except you, of course, since you never actually post anything of substantive value preferring to violate Rule #4 with impunity..and I quote:

Quote:No Trolling
Trolling is where a person makes a deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response, and is not allowed. As discussions can at times get heated, not all provocative posts will get classed as trolling. However, if a member is found to be making multiple such posts, or appear to only be using the forum to provoke people, they will be in violation of this rule.

In case you haven't noticed (but I bet you have), the reason I NEVER respond to you (except in your official capacity, of course) is that you never SAY anything that is worth responding to. ALL of your posts (in my threads, anyway) are exclusively "provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response". Asking if Tim O'Neill and I had "picked out a ring, yet" - simply because I admire some of his writing and complimented him for it? 

Are you really an adult? Or do you very mistakenly believe you're funny?

Dude, you and your quorum can do whatever you like. (And I'm not being defiant there...simply stating the obvious.) I have tried over the past few days to do exactly what y'all have asked with regard to the rules.

I know it's hard to reason things out some times, and your hatred for religion can make it difficult for you to be objective and cause you to lose it, but you and rexbeccarox have just proved my case.

She threatened me implicitly with banning by suggesting that I was spamming because I had not responded to a thread in two freakin' hours.

Really?

Wow.

There is another alternative, of course. You could just leave me alone. I DO have some experience with being a model citizen in a far larger forum than this. I think I can manage, thank you.

You are going down a slippery slope of no return there is a ice pick you could either grab it or keep on going because you are really getting on everyone's nerves 
i mean there is the ice pick either stop being a ass and spamming because literally this is a shit post and you are giving the same answers in the other posts this seems 
rather pointless. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Quote:
(June 4, 2015 at 10:49 pm)dyresand Wrote: Because if He did, we would resent His tyranny.

Well you just proved god isn't good.  

No, dude. I simply pointed out that if God acted in a tyrannical manner, we would resent it. That's why He doesn't stick His nose into our affairs very often.

(June 4, 2015 at 10:37 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(June 4, 2015 at 9:37 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Jenny-

I was in the middle of a fairly long response, when I accidentally closed my browser...though I'm not certain I did it.

Anyhoo, I will start over tomorrow. My apologies for the delay...I liked several of your points.

No problem, but I'll be off line over the weekend.  We're chaperoning a teen camping trip.

Have fun!  Shy
(June 4, 2015 at 11:07 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
Quote:Well you just proved god isn't good.  

No, dude. I simply pointed out that if God acted in a tyrannical manner, we would resent it. That's why He doesn't stick His nose into our affairs very often.

He is already acting in a tyrannical manner he is allowing his own creations to kill in the name of him look at ISIS look at what the Christians and Catholics are doing in 
Africa to the muslims and the fucked up part. They are killing each other over worshiping the same fucking asshole. You guys are no different in fact wouldn't be 
different if we weren't civilized. Again special pleading no matter what you says will not change the fact god of the bible is a complete ass. So yeah god isn't
being good he is letting bad shit happen though you will say oh that is not apart of his plan or some shit to take the heat off your imaginary friend.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I have no problems with the word "implicit", until you start throwing around words like "specifically" without any justification, then cry persecution when called on it. You want me to leave you alone, you stop making such accusations.

Anyway, doesn't Romans 13:1 instruct you to "be subject to the governing authorities"? Your god's going to be really mad at you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 4, 2015 at 11:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I have no problems with the word "implicit", until you start throwing around words like "specifically" without any justification, then cry persecution when called on it. You want me to leave you alone, you stop making such accusations.

Anyway, doesn't Romans 13:1 instruct you to "be subject to the governing authorities"? Your god's going to be really mad at you.

Shouldn't god be furious to the majority of theists living peacefully and pretty much cherry picking except to the ones who literally follow it in the middle east.

Code:
(June 4, 2015 at 11:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I have no problems with the word "implicit", until you start throwing around words like "specifically" without any justification, then cry persecution when called on it. You want me to leave you alone, you stop making such accusations.

Oh, I've been obeying the rules, and you know it.

There's also quite a bit of condemnation of hypocrites, so take a long hard look at rule #4, and take the plank out of your own eye before dealing with the speck in mine. 
(June 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:

Oh, I've been obeying the rules, and you know it.

There's also quite a bit of condemnation of hypocrites, so take a long hard look at rule #4, and take the plank out of your own eye before dealing with the speck in mine. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

No no you haven't..... Stimbo just called you out on it quit lying.

Code:
Randy, you are WAY over the line here. Let's suffice it to say that any person in red or green has an adequate understanding of the rules. If you want to remain a member of this forum, I would suggest that you lose this martyr complex and do as the staff suggests.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Randy, I'm liable to take that plank and shove it up your arse if you insist on telling me and rex how to do the job entrusted to us. Not to mention telling me what I know.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Oh, and you can't label me a hypocrite unless you can show where you have been following the Rules while at the same time I have not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 37501 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 379 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4126 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1659 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1417 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 840 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2619 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2266 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 669 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2217 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama