Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an Anti-Feminist!
RE: Ask an Anti-Feminist!
(June 5, 2015 at 5:56 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 4:42 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: This is exactly why Feminism is not Egalitarianism. Feminism is based on the premise that women are less equal than men, and thus, furthering the rights of women = equality.

Egalitarianism is based on equality and is gender neutral.  It advocates both men and women rights, if Feminism was about equality, then why does the definition say ''women's rights'' and not both men and women?

What a load of crap.

Women do not have equal rights in the world.  If you actually supported equality, you would be in favor of improving the situation for women.

Your claim of egalitarianism is as ridiculous as someone who says that he isn't racist but he hates blacks.

In Saudi Arabia, women don't have equal rights; hence women need the situation improved. Because Islam is misogynistic and evil.

However in the West, men also face inequalities in some areas; yet aren't given the care women are, so FEMinism is certainly gender bias.
(June 5, 2015 at 6:04 pm)Saxmoof Wrote:
Quote:I don't see why the term for someone who believes in equality needs FEMinism, why Fem? It's implying female, thus not gender neutural.

Because women are the ones that would benefit from gender equality

This is the same logic behind the "If Black people can have a Black History month why can't we have a White History month" argument

I'm talking about the West, not other countries, just to clarify.

Men could also benefit though. More men are raped than women, more men committ suicide, and yet they aren't given the care women are; nearly 40% of domestic abuse cases are male, yet they're not given the same treatment.

This video lays out the facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNErQFmOwq0
Well I normally take a view of the world as a whole, and humanity along with it. I have trouble seperating individual nations from each other ever since I was exposed to just how utterly fucking insignificant we are in comparison to the big ol' cosmos. However as an average I would say women are very very very much being oppressed and controlled across the world, so we do in fact still need FEMinism. Women might be 'legally' recognised in the USA (assuming that's where you're from) but please do not try and make the claim that reality has in any way reflected law.
Also, I am absolutely for a matriarchal society. I have a funny feeling there would be a lot less war and bloodshed if you take testosterone out of the equation.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 5, 2015 at 5:48 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: Why does being anti-Feminist mean I'm a misogynist if only 20% of women identify as Feminists? Not only that, but you have indirectly assumed that only women are Feminists[...]

No, I did not. You literally just made it up. I'm just saying - you're afraid of women and femininity in general and don't have the guts to admit it, so you call it "anti-feminism" and focus on a small minority within the group, because it (to you) sounds a bit less pathetic.
It's my opinion - but then every thing you've posted here is your opinions.

(June 5, 2015 at 5:48 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: You say you've never had any problems with Feminists, so I take it you agree that banning the word 'Bossy' from the English dictionary will help women become better leaders? Yes?

Could not care less. Doesn't bother me at all - and I don't think you got the point of it anyway. I'm not going to explain it to you, since it's you, who started an "Ask me" thread. If you're going to answer with questions and an occasional tu quoque - you can p*ss right off...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 5, 2015 at 6:06 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: ... nearly 40% of domestic abuse cases are male, yet they're not given the same treatment.

You are so clueless, I have decided to focus on one thing, so simple, even you should get it. If, as you claim, nearly 40% of domestic abuse cases are male, what does that tell you about over 60% of domestic abuse cases?

Your own claims show that women have it worse.

Your lack of reasoning skills would be funny if it were not so disturbing.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Mess, you are conflating "feminist" with "feminism". Why don't you talk about specific problems you have with specific people instead of railing against the semantics?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(June 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 5:48 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: Why does being anti-Feminist mean I'm a misogynist if only 20% of women identify as Feminists? Not only that, but you have indirectly assumed that only women are Feminists[...]

No, I did not. You literally just made it up. I'm just saying - you're afraid of women and femininity in general and don't have the guts to admit it, so you call it "anti-feminism" and focus on a small minority within the group, because it (to you) sounds a bit less pathetic.

(June 5, 2015 at 5:48 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: You say you've never had any problems with Feminists, so I take it you agree that banning the word 'Bossy' from the English dictionary will help women become better leaders? Yes?

Could not care less. Doesn't bother me at all - and I don't think you got the point of it anyway. I'm not going to explain it to you, since it's you, who started an "Ask me" thread. If you're going to answer with questions and an occasional tu quoque - you can p*ss right off...

1. Citation needed

I am not against Feminism because of ''fear of femininity'' - I love feminine women, so I have no idea why you feel the need to decide my own views for me, thanks. Weird to see you say I made up that statement yet here you are making up my own views for me.

Being anti-Feminist has nothing to do with being fearful of women; because that disregards male Feminists. You can keep lying to yourself though

2. If you don't care, then are you choosing to ignore Feminist dogma because you ideologically agree with it but can't bring yourself to admit it?
(June 5, 2015 at 6:11 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 6:06 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: ... nearly 40% of domestic abuse cases are male, yet they're not given the same treatment.

You are so clueless, I have decided to focus on one thing, so simple, even you should get it. If, as you claim, nearly 40% of domestic abuse cases are male, what does that tell you about over 60% of domestic abuse cases?

Your own claims show that women have it worse.

Your lack of reasoning skills would be funny if it were not so disturbing.

Watch the video I posted; who has it more isn't my point, with that train going, I'll also cite that more men commit suicide and more men die in combat deaths, etc.

My point, as shown in this video, is that these male issues are not represented among Feminists or given the same standard of treatment that women are.

This is a woman who isn't brainwashed by the religion of Feminism. I think *your* interpretation are sorely lacking, because you are yet again taking my comment out of context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNErQFmOwq0
(June 5, 2015 at 6:07 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Well I normally take a view of the world as a whole, and humanity along with it. I have trouble seperating individual nations from each other ever since I was exposed to just how utterly fucking insignificant we are in comparison to the big ol' cosmos. However as an average I would say women are very very very much being oppressed and controlled across the world, so we do in fact still need FEMinism. Women might be 'legally' recognised in the USA (assuming that's where you're from) but please do not try and make the claim that reality has in any way reflected law.
Also, I am absolutely for a matriarchal society. I have a funny feeling there would be a lot less war and bloodshed if you take testosterone out of the equation.

I have no idea why you think a female led society would bring about less war.

The Labour party in England, all left-wing, had female MP's who voted to go to Iraq; we didn't see much ''Feminist compassion'' from them. Hilary Clinton, a touted Feminist was also pro-war.

There's no evidence that female leaders will stop war - what brings about war is politics, it's not as dumbed down as male or female, hence why right wing Margaret Thatcher went to war with the Falklands; she believed in an interventionist foreign policy because it matched her ideological views, which overrides her biological sex being such a factor.
Quote:Correction: most people in the world claim to believe in God, the reality is that they probably don't think about it
Why? Have you interviewed these people to know their reasons? 

Quote:I don't think not identifying with the Feminist label can be reconciled with support for slavery

Missing the point

Quote:Besides, who wants to pay taxes? I want lower taxes

Missing the point - Many people would not pay taxes if given the chance but unfortunately it is a requirement for a society to work properly - Hence why taxes are coercive and it's a crime to not pay them.

Quote:I've heard it all before, it's just politically correct.
Quote:Politically correct Feminism which continuously says ''we're still for equality'' while doing everything which stands against equality.

Last year, Feminists tried to ban a word from the dictionary because it triggered them; the campaign was backed by celebrities and millionaires, that's how pathetic Feminism has become.
So you are posting Thunderf00t to support your claim but accuse me of being biased for posting rationalwiki which despite some flaws includes sources at the bottom?

Quote:Do you think the fact that Feminist campaigns such as ''Ban Bossy'' which sought to ban the word Bossy because it may hurt women's feelings (a campaign backed by celebrities and other Feminists too) may turn women away from Feminism?

While I don't actually agree with banning words, a problem with the word bossy is that it's used to insult and demean women who occupy roles of power and authority while a male in the same circumstance is more likely to be perceived as assertive and normal.

Quote:While Feminists argue for female supremacy, MRA's are the other side of the coin; hence why Feminists and MRA's are interlocked in an idiotic, pathetic war.

So basically you've found a way to become superior to both? That's like the agnostic agnostic position

Quote:Why does being anti-Feminist mean I'm a misogynist if only 20% of women identify as Feminists? Not only that, but you have indirectly assumed that only women are Feminists; hence I smell a bit of sexism...

B sides the fact those numbers are irrelevant to prove anything you're using women to support your claim when it just doesn't work that way - It's like saying that you can't be racist if you have black friends

Quote:At-least in regards to Western countries, I don't think it needs the gender bias name.
Because western countries are so perfect and superior to the rest of the world, that's why Europe has been living in an economic crisis since 2008 and the majority of rapists don't spend a day in jail.

Quote:My argument of the majority of women not identifying as Feminists attempting to illustrate how off the rails Feminism has truly went; hence why I then used the Ban Bossy campaign as an example.
[color]
Did you know that when The Suffragettes where popular many women were against them and didn't want to vote? So how is any of that relevant? You do know that the media corrupts our perceptions of reality and people become biased, right?
[/color]

Quote:In Saudi Arabia, women don't have equal rights; hence women need the situation improved. Because Islam is misogynistic and evil.
Quote:However in the West, men also face inequalities in some areas; yet aren't given the care women are, so FEMinism is certainly gender bias.

Quote:This video lays out the facts.

I don't watch videos without people telling me why I should watch them, so you tell me - Because I don't want to risk wasting some minutes of my life... It's skepticism. Or is there a fee for my lectures?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a Feminist! (my turn) abentwookie 47 8533 July 5, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mudhammam