Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Feminist! (my turn)
Yep, it is time for me to start my own "Ask a ....." thread so that I can finally be one of the cool kids. Anyway, I am not going to claim to speak for all feminists but I am pretty certain that my views regarding gender issues are very common. If you have any questions about feminism or feminists, feel free to ask.  Keep it civil!

My thread is a bit more serious than most but I'll try to throw in some humor. Big Grin
RE: Ask a Feminist! (my turn)
Do you think that there are any issues in feminism that help both sexes?
You should learn to be submissive to men.
What's this anti-feminism bullshit that's storming around the internet of late? SJW's, Gamergate, MRA's all that crap...what gives?
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(May 18, 2015 at 11:10 am)KUSA Wrote: You should learn to be submissive to men.

Damn it, I want my sandwich, woman. Wait, I have a vagina too. Ignore that order for a sandwich. 
Aright here is a serious question. Why do you hate men?

Are...you joking KUSA?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 18, 2015 at 11:22 am)KUSA Wrote: Aright here is a serious question. Why do you hate men?

I don't hate men. Far from it. 

Most of the issues that hurt women are damaging for men also. For instance, some people blame victims for their own sexual assault. The flip side is the view that men can't help but act on any stray desire that a woman causes them.  Not only is the view on rape harmful to women, it is also based on very offensive ideas about men. Further, when a guy is raped people are less likely to believe him because of the myth that masculinity means having sex with anyone at anytime. Both men and women are hurt by traditional ideas about rape.  

The reason I consider myself a feminist is because as a woman, I concentrate a little more on helping my own sex but ultimately, that will help men also.

There are some people that dislike the opposite sex. Among women, a few are feminists but there are also women who would never consider themselves feminists who make negative comments about men. Luckily,  blind dislike of men by women or women by men is uncommon
Could you define feminism as it pertains to you?
What is the most important difference between first, second and third wave feminism, and is there a fourth? Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask an Anti-Feminist! TheMessiah 174 21152 July 5, 2015 at 8:36 am
Last Post: doomed