Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an Anti-Feminist!
RE: Ask an Anti-Feminist!
(June 5, 2015 at 10:28 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Here is a question appropriate for an "Ask a..." thread:

Why should anyone believe you are anything other than a brain-dead misogynist asshole?

When you can't get a date, did it ever occur to you that the problem is not with women, but with you?  Sure, if one woman doesn't like you, that does not mean much.  But if all or most of them dislike you, you should start looking in your mirror for the problem.

By labeling me a woman hater without a shred of proof, you have demonstrated yourself to be akin to a religious cultist - the same kind who would claim me Satanist for denying the existence of God, instead, you've said ''muh soggy knee''

Being an Anti-Feminist doesn't mean that I hate women because only 20% of women are Feminists, hence insignificant.

Stop acting like a religious nut, you know nothing about my personal life and who I date.
(June 5, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 6:12 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: I am not against Feminism because of ''fear of femininity'' - I love feminine women, so I have no idea why you feel the need to decide my own views for me, thanks. [...]

Because you seem to be scared of a "bogey-woman" under your bed. Just trying to help.

If you "love feminine" women, then I suppose you have no problem with feminine men, right? Or masculine women? 
I suspect you "love" what you perceive as "feminine" - like physical traits, submissive behavior and whatever else gets you off, but you're afraid of gender roles becoming more flexible and women taking control over you. Nothing you've said so far dispels that opinion. 

And you still haven't answered my first question - why should I care? 

That's because I do not have to dispel the ''opinion'' - you made the claim that I fear changing gender roles, now it is your job to prove your accusation. i don't have to defend myself against a baseless accusation, it's you who has to provide evidence for it.
(June 6, 2015 at 1:51 am)Goosebump Wrote: I have a question for an Anti-Feminist.

Do you act to try and repeal laws that provide for women's rights like workplace discrimination since there isn't an equivalent male version? Or do you work to see male sided laws enacted to mirror existing ones for women? Or neither?

Neither.
(June 6, 2015 at 4:01 am)TheMessiah Wrote: That's because I do not have to dispel the ''opinion'' - you made the claim that I fear changing gender roles, now it is your job to prove your accusation. i don't have to defend myself against a baseless accusation, it's you who has to provide evidence for it.

And yet you're trying...

Of course - I only expressed my opinion, based on personal experience with some of the people labeling themselves as "anti-feminists". Isn't that how it works? You apparently had some unpleasant experiences with some feminists and you extended your conclusions to the entire movement. I'm doing the same with anti-feminists - I'm saying you people are insecure pricks, because those I've had contact with were exactly that.

And your general tone and lack of arguments (seriously  - what can feminists do that would make me even notice? Ban "bossy"? That's the worst you can come up with? lol They can f-ing have it.) seem to confirm my claim. I don't need, nor want to convince you. I'm happy for you to stew in your insecurity. I just want you to know how people perceive you.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 6, 2015 at 4:29 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 4:01 am)TheMessiah Wrote: That's because I do not have to dispel the ''opinion'' - you made the claim that I fear changing gender roles, now it is your job to prove your accusation. i don't have to defend myself against a baseless accusation, it's you who has to provide evidence for it.

And yet you're trying...

Of course - I only expressed my opinion, based on personal experience with some of the people labeling themselves as "anti-feminists". Isn't that how it works? You apparently had some unpleasant experiences with some feminists and you extended your conclusions to the entire movement. I'm doing the same with anti-feminists - I'm saying you people are insecure pricks, because those I've had contact with were exactly that.

And your general tone and lack of arguments (seriously  - what can feminists do that would make me even notice? Ban "bossy"? That's the worst you can come up with? lol They can f-ing have it.) seem to confirm my claim. I don't need, nor want to convince you. I'm happy for you to stew in your insecurity. I just want you to know how people perceive you.

You did not just ''express'' your opinion - you used anecdotal evidence in an attempt to express your fallacy.

Anyway, I do label myself anti-Feminist, but if you'd do a bit of research, you'd find that the modern Feminist movement is a religious man-hating cult; the radicals took over. Feminists who tried to stick to true equality don't even use the term Feminist.

If you, an Atheist, dislikes religion, then I would presume that you should judge Feminism as a religion, before it's too late.

Ban Bossy was a Feminist campaign with support from celebrities and Feminist scholars, so yeah, it was pretty significant.
(June 6, 2015 at 5:04 am)TheMessiah Wrote: [...]
Anyway, I do label myself anti-Feminist, but if you'd do a bit of research, you'd find that the modern Feminist movement is a religious man-hating cult; the radicals took over. Feminists who tried to stick to true equality don't even use the term Feminist.
[...]
Bullshit.

I suppose your bold assertions, with no shred of evidence - as opposed to my anecdotal experience - are somehow logically sound? lol And now I'm supposed to prove to you, that  what you're spewing is not true.

I stand by my statements. You have no credible evidence that modern feminism is what you say it is - and even what you say it is doesn't seem worth worrying about. And it's all just a cover for deep-seeded misogyny. 
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 6, 2015 at 5:45 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 5:04 am)TheMessiah Wrote: [...]
[...]
Bullshit.

I suppose your bold assertions, with no shred of evidence - as opposed to my anecdotal experience - are somehow logically sound? lol And now I'm supposed to prove to you, that  what you're spewing is not true.

I stand by my statements. You have no credible evidence that modern feminism is what you say it is - and even what you say it is doesn't seem worth worrying about. And it's all just a cover for deep-seeded misogyny. 

There you go again; accusing me of being a misogynist (which is a very loaded term, by the way) without any evidence. Most women aren't even Feminists, so I fail to see how I'm a misogynist.

My evidence for Feminist jumping the rails is that every Feminist campaign we see relies on bullshit; Ban Bossy, Mansplaining, complaining about the wage gap while leaving out the fact that men work longer hours, etc.

If modern Feminism was about equality, there would be an organised movement; but it's fractured into different factions fighting each other.
(June 6, 2015 at 5:50 am)TheMessiah Wrote: There you go again; accusing me of being a misogynist (which is a very loaded term, by the way) without any evidence. Most women aren't even Feminists, so I fail to see how I'm a misogynist.

My evidence for Feminist jumping the rails is that every Feminist campaign we see relies on bullshit; Ban Bossy, Mansplaining, complaining about the wage gap while leaving out the fact that men work longer hours, etc.

If modern Feminism was about equality, there would be an organised movement; but it's fractured into different factions fighting each other.

More unsubstantiated bullshit assertions... Somehow - I'm still not convinced. But keep trying. 

Do you even know what "evidence" means? It's not just stating things you recon are true. You have presented no more actual evidence for your interpretation of modern feminism, than I have for my interpretation of your views and underlying motivations. So logically - we're on equal footing.

As long as you get to define feminism and feminists according to your subjective perception - I get to define you, on the same basis. 

So, yeah - I still think you, as an "anti-feminist" are simply a dishonest misogynist. Just like most people complaining about "reverse racism" are - more or less secretly - racists. Just my opinion. Which seems to be very important to you...
What is your opinion about women in the PKK fighting against ISIS? Around 40% of this group are women. Although not labelled as a feminist group (actually labelled as a terrorist group) this is ultimately the aim of feminism. Equal treatment and chances regardless of gender.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/photo-gal.../women-pkk

[Image: kurdish-women-fighting-isis.jpg]
(June 6, 2015 at 6:07 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 5:50 am)TheMessiah Wrote: There you go again; accusing me of being a misogynist (which is a very loaded term, by the way) without any evidence. Most women aren't even Feminists, so I fail to see how I'm a misogynist.

More unsubstantiated bullshit assertions... Somehow - I'm still not convinced. But keep trying. 

Do you even know what "evidence" means? It's not just stating things you recon are true. You have presented no more actual evidence for your interpretation of modern feminism, than I have for my interpretation of your views and underlying motivations. So logically - we're on equal footing.

As long as you get to define feminism and feminists according to your subjective perception - I get to define you, on the same basis. 

So, yeah - I still think you, as an "anti-feminist" are simply a dishonest misogynist. Just like most people complaining about "reverse racism" are - more or less secretly - racists. Just my opinion. Which seems to be very important to you...

There's no such thing as ''reverse racism'' - racism is discrimination on the basis of race; there aren't any exceptions to any one race. If someone is racist towards any race, you call it out - that does not not make you a racist.

White people could complain about racism, but white in itself is a broad term; for example, the Irish have faced disgraceful levels of discrimination and were hence labelled ''politically black'':

I've provided you of evidence relating to modern Feminist campaigns which have received huge levels of publicity - if modern Feminism was about equality, such campaigns would not have gained ground.

So, provide evidence that I'm a misogynist, because it seems to me that your reasoning levels are bordering on those of a religious person Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a Feminist! (my turn) abentwookie 47 8534 July 5, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mudhammam