Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an Anti-Feminist!
RE: Ask an Anti-Feminist!
(June 6, 2015 at 6:38 am)TheMessiah Wrote: That's pretty cool - as I said, Feminism in Islamic countries makes sense because legal equality has not been achieved

This was posted on facebook on the Intersectional feminism page.

[Image: 10409293_926381397383919_7508922667149662612_n.jpg]
It is contradictory to be an anti-feminist and to simultaneously think that the gains made by feminism are a good thing. Arguing that feminism is now redundant in the western world but is not the same as anti-feminism.
(June 6, 2015 at 11:28 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 6:38 am)TheMessiah Wrote: That's pretty cool - as I said, Feminism in Islamic countries makes sense because legal equality has not been achieved

This was posted on facebook on the Intersectional feminism page.

[Image: 10409293_926381397383919_7508922667149662612_n.jpg]
It is contradictory to be an anti-feminist and to simultaneously think that the gains made by feminism are a good thing. Arguing that feminism is now redundant in the western world but is not the same as anti-feminism.

Not really.

I made clear that I'm against Western Feminism; because in the West, as we witnessed last year, it's largely man-hating and a cry-baby cult, hence why they wanted to barn words from the dictionary.
So long as there is ever a question asked out loud of what a woman is or isn't qualified to do on account of her being a woman there will always be a reason for the feminism discussion. Same goes with the constantly debated laws relating to women's reproductive rights.

Anti-feminists are historically blind and sift current events with an agenda.
(June 6, 2015 at 11:35 am)whateverist Wrote: So long as there is ever a question asked out loud of what a woman is or isn't qualified to do on account of her being a woman there will always be a reason for the feminism discussion. Same goes with the constantly debated laws relating to women's reproductive rights.

Anti-feminists are historically blind and sift current events with an agenda.

You don't have to be a Feminist to argue pro-Abortion. You can do that as an Egalitarian and anti-Theist.

And also, you are assuming that all Feminists are pro-Abortion, which is certainly not true. There are right-wing Feminists that are pro-life, so that pretty much destroys your argument. You being a Feminist and pro-Abortion only indicates that you're probably more left-leaning; that speaks volumes for your political beliefs, that's it.

If anti-Feminists are blind, then I guess pro-Abortion people such as myself are ''blind''.
This forum should have a 'Feminism' section to add with the religion.

All religion needs good ridicule.
To be Egalitarian is to be a Feminist

You're a Feminist, deal with it, you just don't like the label, it has negative connotations I get that, but be honest
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
(June 6, 2015 at 11:40 am)TheMessiah Wrote: This forum should have a 'Feminism' section to add with the religion.

[...]

Sure - stating that feminism is a religion, makes it one. "Flawless" logic. Unsurprisingly. 
The same "logic" religious zealots use when they decide atheism is a religion.

Anti-theism is a misogynistic cult of patriarchy. There - I can continue to match your unsubstantiated assertions with my own.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 6, 2015 at 11:27 am)Saxmoof Wrote: So answer a completely different question then, sure, that makes sense

It's not possible to debate someone who will only answer their own questions

It is because there isn't any real support for his religious beliefs about feminism.  He is just full of shit.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(June 6, 2015 at 11:44 am)Saxmoof Wrote: To be Egalitarian is to be a Feminist

You're a Feminist, deal with it, you just don't like the label, it has negative connotations I get that, but be honest

He is not an egalitarian.  He does not go off on men who say stupid shit about women.  But if a few women who call themselves "feminists" say something stupid, he is ready to condemn all feminists.  (Many times, the woman-haters take things out of context, making it only seem like some woman said something stupid, but, of course, some women do actually say stupid things, just like men.)  And he is in denial of the facts about wage gaps, totally ignoring the way that they have been measured, and pretends that no one bothered to consider different jobs and different hours.  He is really a misogynist.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(June 6, 2015 at 11:38 am)TheMessiah Wrote: If anti-Feminists are blind, then I guess pro-Abortion people such as myself are ''blind''.

I'm sorry if it seemed I was calling your sensory abilities into doubt. It is your cognitive functioning which most concerns me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a Feminist! (my turn) abentwookie 47 8533 July 5, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mudhammam