Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why be good?
RE: Why be good?
(June 7, 2015 at 1:27 am)Randy Carson Wrote:
(June 7, 2015 at 1:23 am)Exian Wrote: Thank you! I'm glad you caught it, but I can't take all the credit; I was inspired by the fear-mongering of the bible, I just put it in waaaay less words.

"For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same" ...now all that's left to do is define what is bad, like bacon and sex.

What if you're good because your mom wants you to be good AND you love your mom, want to make her happy, and want to be like her when you grow up?

"No thanks" to your unspoken request to debate with me. Not interested. For one, I'm too lazy for formal debates, and secondly, I can't get past the fact that theist believe a book written by man was somehow "inspired" by some higher being using some unknown mechanism that has never been evidenced to delve into the details of it all. It's just too silly.

I'll happily color-commentate though.

For your information, I am all grown up. Why, just this weekend, I informed my parents that they don't know what they're talking about; a rite of passage for any self-respecting adult! Also, I stole three cigarettes from my mom's purse, because I make my own decisions. Jealous? Thought so.
Lol. Woven like a fucking quilt, Randy. Rolleyes

That is all well and slightly nauseating how you think you're so sly you caught anybody in your shitty analogy mousetrap, BUT we're still waiting for you to eat your words and admit there are atheists in foxholes. Hell, you don't even have to believe anybody on here-take a peak at this.
Is this coming down to a question of vertical or horizontal? I'm always slow in seeing the truth of it.
"I'm thick." - Me
(June 7, 2015 at 2:00 am)Goosebump Wrote: Is this coming down to a question of vertical or horizontal? I'm always slow in seeing the truth of it.

Vertical, and don't let anyone tell you different.
(June 7, 2015 at 1:40 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(June 7, 2015 at 1:18 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: In other words (to borrow from Randy The Liar's analogy), Randy check called down to the river, and when he called my all-in, I flipped over the stone cold nuts.

And then declared himself the winner.

...with Jack high.
(June 7, 2015 at 2:06 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 7, 2015 at 2:00 am)Goosebump Wrote: Is this coming down to a question of vertical or horizontal? I'm always slow in seeing the truth of it.

Vertical, and don't let anyone tell you different.

Don't hate me, guys, but in light of The Bagger, I just don't know anymore.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(June 7, 2015 at 2:08 am)Exian Wrote: Don't hate me, guys, but in light of The Bagger, I just don't know anymore.

And that's how it's done, Randy. You want people to see the light? You flop your big dick on the table. Behold, Bagger 288.

They will convert when staring horizontal crushing right in the dick hole.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm not gonna lie when I say I love how this is playing out.

[Image: 1680x1050.jpg]
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Lol...haven't read all of it. Just some pertaining to me. I can attest that what CD said was true. I don't care if you believe it or not. Our word is a lot more reliable than your fairy tale. Jus' sayin'. Smile
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
It is hilarious how Randy's whole case was based on just believing "eye witness testimony". Just believe it, please. Because they wouldn't lie.

But guess what? When it's testimony of other people that doesn't fit in with his arguments, it's filthy lies.

I'll give more credit to the accounts which aren't talking about Angels and Demons, from people I actually know and have reason to believe, thanks very much.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1733 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why is God fearing a good thing? Elskidor 32 11468 September 23, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Ryantology