Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 23, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
RE: LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
(July 17, 2015 at 9:59 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 9:51 pm)IATIA Wrote: Wrong!  Just plain wrong.  Wrong analogy.  Wrong concept.  Truth, unlike morals, is absolute and does not require opposing viewpoints to discriminate.

Still can't figure it out? Say lies don't exist and have never existed... define what truth is.

That which is in accordance with fact or reality.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(July 17, 2015 at 10:01 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 9:59 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Still can't figure it out? Say lies don't exist and have never existed... define what truth is.

That which is in accordance with fact or reality.
Fact is just another word for truth isn't it?

That definition is predicated that things exist which are "nonfactual" or "unreal". The point is truth cannot be defined without it's polar opposite of lies existing. How do you define north if south doesn't exist?

Got it?
You are an idiot. You are so wrong and too stupid to see it. Facts and truths are absolutes. They do not exist because of opposites. Throw that fucking bible away and get a real education. Sheeeesh!
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(July 17, 2015 at 10:16 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 10:01 pm)Jenny A Wrote: That which is in accordance with fact or reality.
Fact is just another word for truth isn't it?

That definition is predicated that things exist which are "nonfactual" or "unreal". The point is truth cannot be defined without it's polar opposite of lies existing. How do you define north if south doesn't exist?

Got it?

And is reality just another name for truth?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(July 17, 2015 at 10:34 pm)IATIA Wrote: You are an idiot.  You are so wrong and too stupid to see it.  Facts and truths are absolutes.  They do not exist because of opposites.  Throw that fucking bible away and get a real education.  Sheeeesh!

It's going to be amusing to see how long you guys defend this position...  North is an absolute also and north exists because south exists... one can't exist with out the other. it's appalling how you guys can't understand this.
(July 17, 2015 at 10:36 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 10:16 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Fact is just another word for truth isn't it?

Got it?

And is reality just another name for truth?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/real
Quote:Related to REAL

Synonyms
   bona fide, certifiable, certified, dinkum [Australian & New Zealand], echt, genuine, honest, pukka (also pucka), authentic, right, sure-enough, true
(July 17, 2015 at 9:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 9:09 pm)Cato Wrote: This muddled reasoning is why believers like yourself can't be taken seriously. Allow me to demonstrate:

How can you appreciate not having a pine cone shoved up your ass unless you experience a pine cone shoved up your ass?
It's is very simple, truth cannot exist with out lies, lies help define truth. If it has ALWAYS been sunny, then how can you appreciate it for what it is? where is your frame of reference to recognize it's worth?

Is this an admission that you've shoved a pine cone up your ass?

If you've always been without a pine cone in your ass, then how can you appreciate it for what it is? Where is your frame of reference to recognize its worth?

Get it yet? I'm quite certain I'm not the one lacking critical thinking skills in this exchange.
(July 17, 2015 at 10:58 pm)Cato Wrote: Is this an admission that you've shoved a pine cone up your ass?

If you've always been without a pine cone in your ass, then how can you appreciate it for what it is? Where is your frame of reference to recognize its worth?

Get it yet? I'm quite certain I'm not the one lacking critical thinking skills in this exchange.
Alright Muppet, I'll come down to your level of intellect

you're absolutely right I have no frame of reference for a pine cone being in my ass, as such I can neither appreciate or disappreciate the experience. That being said, the experience of having a pine cone shoved in my ass is not something I've given an ounce of thought to, but it's obvious that you've had some sort of experience.

So tell me, did you appreciate it or not?
(July 17, 2015 at 11:18 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Alright Muppet, I'll come down to your level of intellect

you're absolutely right I have no frame of reference for a pine cone being in my ass, as such I can neither appreciate or disappreciate the experience. That being said, the experience of having a pine cone shoved in my ass is not something I've given an ounce of thought to, but it's obvious that you have.

Do you not realize that you've just admitted the inanity of your position?
(July 17, 2015 at 11:24 pm)Cato Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 11:18 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Alright Muppet, I'll come down to your level of intellect

you're absolutely right I have no frame of reference for a pine cone being in my ass, as such I can neither appreciate or disappreciate the experience. That being said, the experience of having a pine cone shoved in my ass is not something I've given an ounce of thought to, but it's obvious that you have.

Do you not realize that you've just admitted the inanity of your position?
Do I seriously have to keep spoon feeding you? A pine cone in my ass in not an experience that i can appreciate or disappreciate because it's never happened. A sunny day is not something you can appreciate or disappreciate with out ever having an overcast one

You can't appreciate good without having bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8306 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32595 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 53141 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 16342 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10033 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris