Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
Nobody here is mad at god. All your arguments presuppose god's existence and you assume that we are in rebellion against a god that we supposedly know does exists.

We are not mad at god. WE DON'T BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD. I can't say it with enough emphasis. None of us is mad at a god when there is no evidence that such a being exist or if he does, as some do believe, has not shown the slightest interest in gracing our planet in any empirical way, shape, form or fashion.

So stop chastising us as if we were naughty children who won't accept parental authority. You have proven in a zillion posts that your standard for accepting something as truth is dismally low and whenever challenged to examine your claims, you instead resort to obfuscation and outright disingenuousness. So please...you make me tired.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
(July 11, 2015 at 3:14 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Nobody here is mad at god.  All your arguments presuppose god's existence and you assume that we are in rebellion against a god that we supposedly know does  exists.

We are not mad at god. WE DON'T BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD.  I can't say it with enough emphasis. None of us is mad at a god when there is no evidence that such a being exist or if he does, as some do believe, has not shown the slightest interest in gracing our planet in any empirical way, shape, form or fashion.

So stop chastising us as if we were naughty children who won't accept parental authority. You have proven in a zillion posts that your standard for accepting something as truth is dismally low and whenever challenged to examine your claims, you instead resort to obfuscation and outright disingenuousness. So please...you make me tired.

It might be more accurate to say, "Not everyone here is mad at God."

Some are. Big time. [Image: sad_yes.gif]
LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
I'm mad at everything including unicorns, leprechauns, fairies, etc.
(July 11, 2015 at 3:29 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(July 11, 2015 at 3:14 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Nobody here is mad at god.  All your arguments presuppose god's existence and you assume that we are in rebellion against a god that we supposedly know does  exists.

We are not mad at god. WE DON'T BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD.  I can't say it with enough emphasis. None of us is mad at a god when there is no evidence that such a being exist or if he does, as some do believe, has not shown the slightest interest in gracing our planet in any empirical way, shape, form or fashion.

Who's mad at god, Randy?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Most of us are mad at annoying Christians not at deities.
I don't go to Christian forums and condescend to Christians; so, I don't understand why some Christians come here to do just that.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
If anyone should be mad at god it should be Randy for giving him such shitty source material to use. I don't waste my time being mad at imaginary characters in books, and neither does any other atheist.
(July 11, 2015 at 3:29 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:

[Image: condescending-willy-wonka-meme-template.jpg]
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
There is no god to be mad at.  His delusional followers on the other hand are annoying fuckheads.
I don't think that Randy understands that when we say "god is an asshole" or "hell is an idiotic and unfair contraption" we're not admitting that these things exist in actuality.  We're merely talking about the characters and ideas.  It's no different than talking about any other piece of literature.  Miss Havisham was a horrible person, for example, but talking about her in that way doesn't mean we think she actually exists.  It's just easier to cut to the chase than to put "BTW, I don't believe any of the things we're talking about actually exist outside of fiction" in every post.

I hate god the character.  I hate what real people do in its name.  But, I don't think it actually exists outside of the bible.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(July 11, 2015 at 3:44 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(July 11, 2015 at 3:29 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: It might be more accurate to say, "Not everyone here is mad at God."

Who's mad at god, Randy?

I name some names, they deny it, I look stupid...

Nah. Not gonna do it. [Image: dts.gif]

Just take off your atheist-colored glasses and read the posts without bias. You'll see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7805 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31230 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51159 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15801 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9941 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris