Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
I do it all the time. It's by that standard I deem your "god" to be objectively immoral.

Yeah thats adorable but no its not objectively wrong for God to do what He did. You dont have better morals then Him and its stupid to think you do. You dont have an objective standard and im not really sure why you think you do.

Of course youre not going to buy my explanations. Why would you ever want to admit that you
might be wrong about something? Oh thats right you wont!??

Even I was right and you knew it, you wouldn't admit it.

It's by that standard I deem your "god" to be objectively immoral. I deem you and your fellow believers objectively immoral and "god" a simple outgrowth of your own damaged psyches' need to excuse it's immorality..

Aw, thats still all based on nothing but your opinion. You dont just get to say He objectively wrong because I feel like saying so. Thats not how it works.
(August 30, 2017 at 10:22 am)Godisgood Wrote: I do it all the time. It's by that standard I deem your "god" to be objectively immoral.

Yeah thats adorable but no its not objectively wrong for God to do what He did. You dont have better morals then Him and its stupid to think you do. You dont have an objective standard and im not really sure why you think you do.

Of course youre not going to buy my explanations. Why would you ever want to admit that you
might be wrong about something? Oh thats right you wont!??

Even I was right and you knew it, you wouldn't admit it.

It's by that standard I deem your "god" to be objectively immoral. I deem you and your fellow believers objectively immoral and "god" a simple outgrowth of your own damaged psyches' need to excuse it's immorality..

Aw, thats still all based on nothing but your opinion. You dont just get to say He objectively wrong because I feel like saying so. Thats not how it works.

Until shown to otherwise, your god is nothing but opinion. That's how it works.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

You ever wonder if these x-tians come here like a dare to go into the haunted house, then come back to their friends and skite how they defeated the evil atheists.
They're like little children, thinking they're asking questions we've never heard of for the first time.
So adorable.
(August 30, 2017 at 12:15 pm)Little lunch Wrote: You ever wonder if these x-tians come here like a dare to go into the haunted house, then come back to their friends and skite how they defeated the evil atheists.
They're like little children, thinking they're asking questions we've never heard of for the first time.
So adorable.

I have no doubt, because I've heard some say it and, when I used to be able to stomach the christian sites, They we falling all over themselves lying about what went down.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(August 30, 2017 at 2:53 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(August 28, 2017 at 8:51 pm)Godisgood Wrote: A God with many faults. According to what standard are you using to judge that God is full of faults. And the verse about bashing infants against rocks doesnt mean what it says. There are websites available that explain it.

I've explained those verses to them many times and they just keep on bring them up. Even if they do listen they do not learn or care to learn, you will find some here who are going to show how little they care about truth.

GC

Yes, you have this inane belief that every time you run your fucking mouth about your absurd god that every one else thinks you know what you are talking about.

You're wrong.  You're embarrassing yourself.
(August 30, 2017 at 10:22 am)Godisgood Wrote: Yeah thats adorable but no its not objectively wrong for God to do what He did. You dont have better morals then Him and its stupid to think you do. You dont have an objective standard and im not really sure why you think you do.
OFC it would be, I obviously do, and you wouldn't know why because you never thought to ask.

Quote:

It's my opinion that you and your god are immoral, sure.  I base my opinion on my objective standards of morality.

-and?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 30, 2017 at 2:06 am)Godisgood Wrote: God cannot sin, so His standard is objective.

The former is a meaningless tautology (*), and the latter does not logically follow from it.

(*) Sin being the state of acting outside of god's will, of course god could not do so. If I were to coin a term "bleem", defined as "acting outside the will of Cthulhu", well, I tautologically couldn't bleem either.

Seriously, you apologists need to up your game. As it stands, it's barely good enough to keep the rubes in line.
(August 30, 2017 at 9:57 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: It's a story of the response some Babylonians got when they demanded the psalmist sing for them.

Shit - now I've got Boney M in my head! Don't do that without warning!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The former is a meaningless tautology (*), and the latter does not logically follow from it.

I have no idea what this means. I know what asterisk means.

OFC it would be

Its only wrong if there isnt any good reason for Him to have done. You are merely assuming that He has no reason.
(August 30, 2017 at 9:57 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I have to agree with GC on the meaning of the passage. It isn't an order to kill babies, it doesn't say you should dash babies against rocks. It's a lamentation, the psalmist is in such despair that the thought of their Babylonian captors suffering horrible fates is what he wants to sing about, and maybe it's also a prayer that the Babylonians be overthrown, or a prophecy that they will be.

It's a story of the response some Babylonians got when they demanded the psalmist sing for them.

1 By the rivers of Babylon,
there we sat and we wept
as we remembered Zion.
2 On the poplars within her we hung our lyres,
3 for it was there our captors asked us for words of song,
and our tormentors – for their amusement –
said, “Sing for us from a song of Zion.”
4 How can we sing a song of the Lord on foreign soil?
5 O Jerusalem, if I should forget you may my right hand wither.
6 May my tongue cleave to my palate
if I cease to remember you,
if I do not cause Jerusalem to be raised
to the very top of my joy.
7 Do you remember, O Lord, the Edomites on
the day of Jerusalem?
How they said, “Tear her down!
Down to her very foundation!”
8 O, Daughter of Babylon, you despoiler,
Happy is the one who pays you your recompense
as you dealt out to us.
9 Happy the one who will seize and dash your infants against the rock!

God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!