Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proving God Existence
RE: Proving God Existence
(March 28, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Tex Wrote: I figured God was orderly.
First you "figured god" before you added an attribute. Not a problem in our discussion, but keep in mind that no matter how well designed an argument may be, if the premise is flawed then the conclusion will be worthless.

Quote:God is either orderly or he's not.
Well, could be a mix of the two, but hey, splitting hairs

Quote:If disorderly, everything created should be chaotic.
Doesn't follow.

Quote:If orderly, things should follow a set predictable formula.
Doesn't follow

Quote: I look around the world. I see predictable formula.
So do I, but who cares?

Quote:Even more so, if God weren't orderly, we couldn't use philosophy/logic, an ordered discipline, to reach knowledge of his existence.

Doesn't follow......for fucks sake....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm)Tex Wrote: @Ryan

I'll assume you're a troll. Carry on.

Tex?

Shit!. Someone call Laura.

George W. is using the internet unsupervised again.
(March 28, 2013 at 2:16 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:

You forgot a very important point in my proof.
Scientific theories can be proved wrong or incomplete in the future,
My premises are much stronger (Actually nothing can be more strong than that)

By Logic we can prove that space-time is not infinite (Nothing can be infinite at all)

It is proved that events itself cannot be infinite, so there must be a first event.

You don't need to distract yourself with scientific theories, to refute the proof you need to find a flaw in it, or prove that its premises are false.

The premises are impossible to be false, as it is only an Axiom.

Yes, scientific theories can be disproved.... but, so far, all the research indicates that this one is a good representation of reality.
In fact, newtonian mechanics is a good representation of reality, at a planetary scale.... even solar system scale. The physics that Newton devised can and are still applied in a lot of scenarios where it is sufficient.
Relativity becomes important at very long distances, or accelerations (typically, from gravity).
Quantum mechanics are more noticeable at very small scales, atoms and molecules scales.
QCD becomes important at even smaller scales.... quarks and the like.
But, when you average QCD to larger scales, you get Quantum mechanics. When you average quantum mechanics over larger scales, you get newtonian mechanics. When you take into consideration the electromagnetic laws (Maxwell's laws) you arrive at relativity. If you take relativity and apply it to slow speeds and low accelerations, you arrive at newtonian mechanics.
It all fits nicely. It all works. You can't disprove these theories by one experiment gone awry... You need a lot of experiments going in a very strange direction to disprove them.

Now, please, do tell me how your theory works.
You premise... your presupposition... your assumption... your axiom...

Axiom:
1. a self-evident truth that requires no proof.;
2. a universally accepted principle or rule.;
3. "Logic, Mathematics" . a proposition that is assumed without proof for the sake of studying the consequences that follow from it.
-> if you're not using option 3, of this dictionary.com definition, then it is not an axiom.

Premise:
"Also, prem·iss. Logic. "a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.

Proposition:
1. the act of offering or suggesting something to be considered, accepted, adopted, or done.
2. a plan or scheme proposed.
3. an offer of terms for a transaction, as in business.
4. a thing, matter, or person considered as something to be dealt with or encountered: Keeping diplomatic channels open is a serious proposition.
5. anything stated or affirmed for discussion or illustration.

-> your premise has no firm ground to hold itself. You propose it, and I refuse/reject the proposition. How does that leave you and your premise? sinking....
I wasn't writing syllogisms, but I promise you they follow. The definition of God for this post is, "A being who is the cause/source of all things". Also, this post is not a proof of God. This is only to show that I made sense in my last post.

Quote:
Quote:God is either orderly or he's not.
Well, could be a mix of the two, but hey, splitting hairs

If he was a mix, then the source of order would be elsewhere. God would have to be contingent upon some other thing, thus making God not God. God is either orderly or not.

God is the cause/source of all things.
One thing is order.
God is cause/source of order.

Quote:
Quote:If disorderly, everything created should be chaotic.
Doesn't follow.

If God is not the source of order, something else is, and God is now not God. If there is no source for order including and apart from God, then nothing can be ordered.

No thing existent is order.
God is not the causer/source of order. (It doesn't exist)

Quote:
Quote:If orderly, things should follow a set predictable formula.
Doesn't follow

A thing existent is order.
God is the cause/source of order.

Quote:
Quote: I look around the world. I see predictable formula.
So do I, but who cares?

If I didn't, it would mean, assuming God's existence, he could never be proven.

Quote:
Quote:Even more so, if God weren't orderly, we couldn't use philosophy/logic, an ordered discipline, to reach knowledge of his existence.

Doesn't follow......for fucks sake....

Like the rest of them, it does follow.

God is not the causer/source of order.

God is not the causer/source of order.
Order includes philosophy/logic.
God is not the causer/source of philosophy/logic.

And since nothing else causes order, nothing else causes philosophy/logic. And since philosophy/logic now don't exist, we cannot use them to prove God.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
LOL promises, promises. No, none of that garbage follows, and none of your responses follow either, wtf?

Quote:If he was a mix, then the source of order would be elsewhere.
And? So what if it was/why couldn't it be? IOW, doesn't follow.

Quote:God would have to be contingent upon some other thing, thus making God not God.
So what if he were, plenty of gods proposed have been contigent upon other things. IOW, doesn't follow

Quote:God is either orderly or not.
Re-assert, affirmative.

Quote:If God is not the source of order, something else is, and God is now not God.
Doesn't follow. (ital)

Quote:If there is no source for order including and apart from God, then nothing can be ordered.
Check your own bit above, I bolded the best part.

Quote:God is the cause/source of all things.
God is not the causer/source of order. (It doesn't exist)
Word salad.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I answered all your objections. Just because you don't like it or don't understand it doesn't mean that it doesn't follow.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
(March 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm)Tex Wrote: @Ryan

I'll assume you're a troll. Carry on.

I'll assume you're an idiot who believes one can call knowledge any conclusions which follow from entirely subjective experiences and unverifiable assumptions.
"I'll assume you're an idiot who believes one can call knowledge any conclusions which follow from entirely subjective experiences and unverifiable assumptions."

Have I claimed to have supernatural experiences? Even if I had, what would make you believe me? I'm arguing that Muslim Scholar is using Aristotle's proof wrong and made some other false claim. That's all. My goal is not to wow you all with some super-proof.
(March 28, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Tex Wrote: I figured God was orderly. God is either orderly or he's not. If disorderly, everything created should be chaotic. If orderly, things should follow a set predictable formula. I look around the world. I see predictable formula.

Even more so, if God weren't orderly, we couldn't use philosophy/logic, an ordered discipline, to reach knowledge of his existence.
His Creation not himself
His creation is orderly so we can figure and think about it
but God himself is unique (Orderly or not is not valid), so you cannot understand how he do things.

(March 28, 2013 at 2:58 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(March 28, 2013 at 2:16 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: By Logic we can prove that space-time is not infinite (Nothing can be infinite at all)

Except your god, right?
It doesn't apply for God
God created time itself (as proved), so you cannot apply something created after God to God before it was created.
God is eternal
(March 28, 2013 at 8:14 pm)Tex Wrote: I answered all your objections. Just because you don't like it or don't understand it doesn't mean that it doesn't follow.

Whether or not something follows has nothing to do with whether or not I like it. If I don't understand, you've failed to convey the message. Don't get pissy just because you've failed to properly establish or elaborate upon the shit you'd like to claim. Practiced in an echo chamber? This shit is entirely too easy to question - and you obviously don't have much experience driving past people who don't simply swallow the koolaid. Leave that shit at church. Here, you'll have to do work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 799 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 21217 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proving What We Already "Know" bennyboy 171 17494 July 30, 2022 at 1:40 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1835 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6551 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 2995 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8291 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14109 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 13981 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 42957 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist