Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running
RE: Running
(March 21, 2014 at 5:17 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I'm too self conscious to run outside. Stupid overcrowded city... I keep meaning to go running late at night or early in the morning when there won't be so many people about... But I'm always too tired then. Boo.

You'd be surprised Nora. People are in their own worlds, and not paying much attention. I used to run at night, after dark, and it can be a little creepy. Like wild animal creepy, not people creepy. Big Grin
It has been a while since I posted. Been to busy running Big Grin.

I´m currently preparing for my first "real" race - a half marathon in May. Goal time is 1:30, but right now that seems somewhat optimistic, 1:35-1:40 is probably more realistic.

In April will also be my "runniversary" - where I have been running seriously for a year. I had some months with almost no running due to pain in my right knee, but all in all it has been a pretty good year with more than 1000 km run total.

Anyway, keep running. Nice work y'all! Worship
Running is awesome, couldn't imagine life without it now. Good luck with your upcoming race, jots!!
(March 28, 2014 at 10:15 am)jots Wrote: It has been a while since I posted. Been to busy running Big Grin.

I´m currently preparing for my first "real" race - a half marathon in May. Goal time is 1:30, but right now that seems somewhat optimistic, 1:35-1:40 is probably more realistic.

Fuck you, jots. The last half marathon I ran was in 2:21 and I thought I was rockin it.

:p

Running is really not going well this year. Stupid rain is keeping me inside again, my foot is acting up and both knees are hurting me now. Sad
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(March 28, 2014 at 10:59 am)Deidre32 Wrote: Running is awesome, couldn't imagine life without it now. Good luck with your upcoming race, jots!!

Thanks alot Deirdre Smile

(March 28, 2014 at 11:59 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Fuck you, jots. The last half marathon I ran was in 2:21 and I thought I was rockin it.

:p

Running is really not going well this year. Stupid rain is keeping me inside again, my foot is acting up and both knees are hurting me now. Sad

Perhaps I shouldn´t talk big before I have even completed a race. Tongue
I have run 1:33 in practice though so I feel at least moderately confident.

Sorry to hear about your injuries, I had a knee injury myself last year and I know it´s depressing as hell, but try to stay positive.
(March 28, 2014 at 2:23 pm)jots Wrote: Perhaps I shouldn´t talk big before I have even completed a race. Tongue
I have run 1:33 in practice though so I feel at least moderately confident.

You'll do fine. Just don't over train in the week or two before the race; don't want to spend all that time only to get an injury last minute. Undecided

Quote:Sorry to hear about your injuries, I had a knee injury myself last year and I know it´s depressing as hell, but try to stay positive.

Meh, I'm kind of resigning myself to just gettin' it done rather than improving my time like I was hoping to do.

Excuse me, now. I'm going to KT tape my entire body. Rolleyes
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I don't really enjoying running myself, I prefer to walk for the most part. Tongue
Ran my weekly long run today. 22 km in 1:45 is fairly good tempo for me.

First 14k felt pretty good, but then I started to get a little dehydrated, (I always have trouble getting enough fluids during my long runs.) and prepared myself to suffer through the last part of my run.

But, at 18k I hit that sweet, sweet runners high Bong With the house music pumping in my headphones I ran with a huge grin on my face and it felt like I was flying to the finish lineClap Clap

My shoes are Saucony Kinvara 4 btw. I don´t have any specific race shoes as I have yet to run my first race.
My endurance is finally back, which means now I can focus on increasing speed. I had to get rid of some of the fat around my midsection before the endurance was possible, though, but I am glad that the weight is coming off.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The runners high is hard to explain to my non-runner friends. Big Grin I have a run with a friend planned for later--probably 5+ miles, nothing too long today, but looking forward to it.