Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 1:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
(October 24, 2015 at 7:35 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(October 24, 2015 at 7:33 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Just back from the shelter. Smell like wet dog. So, shower or torture/delight wife?

Torture wife of course.

If you smell like a wet dog I think why not both? Shower first. Then torture/delight wife.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Watching season three of Hemlock Grove.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 25, 2015 at 4:18 pm)Kitan Wrote: Watching season three of Hemlock Grove.
Don't forget it's Sunday, dude...9:00pm.
Listening to this fucking kickass song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBOZGsg6ms
Daylight Savings Time!!!
One extra hour in the EU from Saturday to Sunday... And now night falls way too early!!
:most depressive week:
Did your home make it ok? That was a strong storm! We are still getting rain here in Houston
When   you   understand  why   you   dismiss   all   the   other   possible   gods,   you  will understand why I dismiss yours. ~Stephen Roberts~
(October 24, 2015 at 11:52 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Time for central air!!!

Americans... *sigh* Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 25, 2015 at 10:05 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(October 24, 2015 at 11:52 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Time for central air!!!

Americans... *sigh* Smile

Why wouldn't you have central air if you need to replace your furnace? I had to replace two furnaces at two different properties over a short period of time - the first was a typical gas furnace, for the second I installed a high-efficiency heat pump. The latter was only marginally more expensive to install (despite the house being over 110 square meters larger), is far more efficient, and doesn't require burning fossil fuel to operate, either on location or at the power plant.

I realize bagging on Americans is good sport in Europe - and I'll not begrudge you that because we frequently deserve it - but occasionally the things we do make good economic and environmental sense.
(October 25, 2015 at 10:20 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 25, 2015 at 10:05 pm)Alex K Wrote: Americans... *sigh* Smile

Why wouldn't you have central air if you need to replace your furnace? I had to replace two furnaces at two different properties over a short period of time - the first was a typical gas furnace, for the second I installed a high-efficiency heat pump. The latter was only marginally more expensive to install (despite the house being over 110 square meters larger), is far more efficient, and doesn't require burning fossil fuel to operate, either on location or at the power plant.

I realize bagging on Americans is good sport in Europe - and I'll not begrudge you that because we frequently deserve it - but occasionally the things we do make good economic and environmental sense.
Yes, you're right.
As a physicist, I am annoyed that we don't use heat pumps more commonly here. Is there an excuse to uee devices with efficiency <=1 as long as it is not below freezing? I don't know how you get down to *no* fuel burned though.
I just shudder at the thought of having my house heated via central air, not a very pleasant kind of heating if you ask me. Also, I just assume that all American houses are uninsulated cardboard boxes and hence wasteful by default Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Belgian ale and Undertale.

Took a skeleton on a date last time. I won, though as a result he said we should see other people. Pyrrhic date victory, then. Now, I'm off to meet a fish and see what's good. But of course, that would mean leaving Sans and Papyrus... Thinking

... Seriously this game is fucking killer.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 56 1002 April 28, 2024 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Foxaèr 9 1258 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball