Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing Vs Claiming to Believe
RE: Believing Vs Claiming to Believe
I'm going to interject here;
(November 16, 2013 at 5:18 am)Godschild Wrote: Can't stand truth can you.

Can't stand self serving theist platitudes more like.

Quote:Do you know how stupid that sounds, really. Why would anyone try and disprove God if they did not claim He doesn't exist. I say He does and try to show people He does, but you say you do not know if He exists and then you try to prove He doesn't. You have some serious trouble going on in your head.

Agnostics/atheists who think it's possible are still generally incredulous if not nigh on positive he doesn't exist, why are their attempts at disproof "stupid"? Do you have an actual reason?

Personally I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove at this point but I still hold the belief that there isn't a god. There's no proof that there is one.

(November 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm)Godschild Wrote: Neither, I do not live by your rules, you are trying to be a god by forcing me to make ridiculous choices, thank God he doesn't do the same.

Have you read your bible GC? Like... At all?

Quote:You expect me to play your childish games really, your worse off than I thought, better tell someone before you get lost.
Yep, I for one have a big foot, and I can put it in places that are unpleasant.

I don't know about a big foot GC but you do have a big mouth. Is this all you can muster these days? Laughable.

Quote:You just moved the goalpost that's what. If it's invisible the how do you know it's real or in your shed?

GC

How is this any different from what a theist does? How do you know if your invisible god is in your head or omnipresent? E.G the OT claims god spoke/wrestled/walked with man but in the NT he doesn't interact except through what I can only assume is some form of what we know as the concept of telepathy. Sounds like goalpost movement to me.

Quote:I see you have nothing intelligent to offer in the face of defeat except a pitifully sad statement.

GC

This is my exact thoughts on the majority of your posts over the last few weeks. Oh, dear me it seems you have no room to talk. How sad.

Quote:Actually I say I do not care about big foot, I have what I know is the truth of life, you on the other hand have nothing more than pathetic grumblings that only interest the simple minded.

GC

Ah, so we are down to personal opinion again? I love this game. I have what I know to be reality based truth and logic, all you have on the other hand are ramblings from 2000 years ago that you use to make yourself feel better about death, a "truth of life" that only caters to cowards and intellectual sheep.

Opinions are fun!

Quote:So you hear this creature speaking to you, sad really sad!

GC
One could say the same of you hearing the Holy Spirit GC, those who live in glass houses should abstain from hurling stones boyo.

Anything else?
(November 16, 2013 at 5:18 am)Godschild Wrote: Do you know how stupid that sounds, really. Why would anyone try and disprove God if they did not claim He doesn't exist. I say He does and try to show people He does, but you say you do not know if He exists and then you try to prove He doesn't. You have some serious trouble going on in your head.

Correctly restated the questions are made more clear.

"Why would anyone try to apply critical thinking skills against a proposition that a god, who should be worshiped and obeyed, exists"

Godschild tries to convince readers that this god does exist, yet cannot provide quality evidence that would easily convince skeptics, because his god hides in a fashion that is indistinguishable from absence. The atheists point out that theist beliefs are unsupported because they see and experience the harm that is caused by the unquestioning beliefs in mythical beings' harsh rules for society.

It is obvious that it is the theist godschild that has the trouble going on in his head.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
You sir, have a firm grasp on the obvious. Wink

I wish it was more contagious among those that suffer from delusion.

Although, if it were, there would be no such thing as delusion Thinking
(November 16, 2013 at 8:50 am)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(November 16, 2013 at 5:18 am)Godschild Wrote: Can't stand truth can you.
Don't understand logic do you

I believe what you have stated below shows you do not use logic.

(November 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm)Godschild Wrote: Do you know how stupid that sounds, really. Why would anyone try and disprove God if they did not claim He doesn't exist. I say He does and try to show people He does, but you say you do not know if He exists and then you try to prove He doesn't. You have some serious trouble going on in your head.

BW Wrote:You really have no idea how scientific investigations are carried out do you? Here is an example:
I want to investigate whether the scottish wildcat is spreading to parts of northern england. I come up with a prediction that they have not for various complicated reasons that I won't explain now. I then go up to northern england to investigate.
You will notice at no point here did I claim that scottish wildcats have not spread their territory to northern england.
This is exactly the same way we would test for god.

I'll be waiting to see you pull this one off, so you say you do not know if God exits, correct, I understand your point so far. You are not claiming He does not exist, correct, I also understand this. Now to prove the wild cat is not in Northern England you go there to search for it, correct, I'm still with you. Now this is where you lose me, I did not here you say you have gone to heaven to make sure God's not there, nor have I heard you say you've searched the scriptures and your heart for God. Seems you have fallen short in you search to disprove God's existence by your own standards, yes.

RM Wrote:So much fail here, MUST....RESIST....FACEPALM APOCALYPSE

But answer me this: Do you believe in bigfoot?

(November 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm)Godschild Wrote: You expect me to play your childish games really, your worse off than I thought, better tell someone before you get lost.

BW Wrote:Your refusal to answer a simple question really does speak volumes more about you than any answer you could have given. I think you are slowly realising that you are a hypocrite, i think logic is worming its way into your brain. But we can't have that! Quick get back to church and pray you stay ignorant for a while longer. Read your bible and relax as your brain slowly returns to the vapid state it was in before your encounter with logic.

I haven't looked for Bigfoot, have had no interest in doing so, will leave that to others, but when people try and prove something through deception, (as many Bigfoot hunters have) I tend not to pay much attention to them. You are trying to compare the physical with the spiritual and I've sad here many times this holds no water. The Bigfoot will keep and if it turns out to be real it still want change my life, God is the life changer.

Rm Wrote:Ah but you wouldn't see anything, my unicorn is invisible you see. Now what?

(November 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm)Godschild Wrote: You just moved the goalpost that's what. If it's invisible the how do you know it's real or in your shed?

BW Wrote:I know the unicorn is real because he talks to me and tells me things that only he could know. Also whenever something happens in my life that I can't explain, i always figure out it was actually my unicorn that caused it.

Funny isn't it? How i can replace the word 'unicorn' with 'god' and its exactly the same as christianity. Weird huh!

Care to share those things your unicorn has said and done, is there some real reason I can not here this creature and what is it's ultimate goal?

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm)Godschild Wrote: I haven't looked for Bigfoot
I didn't ask if you looked for big foot, I asked if you believed in him. Try answering again.

(November 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm)Godschild Wrote: Care to share those things your unicorn has said and done, is there some real reason I can not here this creature and what is it's ultimate goal?

GC

Well you obviously didn't listen hard enough. You don't believe enough. You don't want to believe in the unicorn. Why would the unicorn want to reveal himself to someone who doesn't want to believe? Its all part of free will. Its up to you to have faith in the unicorn and you will start seeing him. Its not up to him to reveal himself to you.
Any of this sounding familiar?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(November 16, 2013 at 10:47 am)Aral Gamelon Wrote: I'm going to interject here;

Personally I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove at this point but I still hold the belief that there isn't a god. There's no proof that there is one.

The Christians here have been saying the only proof for someone that God exists is in personal experience, if you do not respond to His calling you'll never find out, what a waste that is.

(November 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm)Godschild Wrote: Neither, I do not live by your rules, you are trying to be a god by forcing me to make ridiculous choices, thank God he doesn't do the same.

AG Wrote:Have you read your bible GC? Like... At all?

You enjoy showing your ignorance don't you. I've studied scriptures for many years, long before you were born.

GC Wrote:You expect me to play your childish games really, your worse off than I thought, better tell someone before you get lost.

AG Wrote:I don't know about a big foot GC but you do have a big mouth. Is this all you can muster these days? Laughable.

You now what the truly funny thing here is, it takes no more than this to make an argument with you.

GC Wrote:You just moved the goalpost that's what. If it's invisible the how do you know it's real or in your shed?

AG Wrote:How is this any different from what a theist does? How do you know if your invisible god is in your head or omnipresent? E.G the OT claims god spoke/wrestled/walked with man but in the NT he doesn't interact except through what I can only assume is some form of what we know as the concept of telepathy. Sounds like goalpost movement to me.

You've moved the goalpost so many times in your life it's become a natural way for you to act. God did those things in the past, glad to see you are beginning to see the scriptures as they are. God now lives within use by the Holy Spirit, to me this is a much greater thing.

GC Wrote:I see you have nothing intelligent to offer in the face of defeat except a pitifully sad statement.

AG Wrote:This is my exact thoughts on the majority of your posts over the last few weeks. Oh, dear me it seems you have no room to talk. How sad.

I've yet to see one intelligent thought from you, just a bunch of loud obnoxious trolling. You have not shown me that what you believe is real and not just an excuse to be a selfish little person.

GC Wrote:Actually I say I do not care about big foot, I have what I know is the truth of life, you on the other hand have nothing more than pathetic grumblings that only interest the simple minded.

AG Wrote:Ah, so we are down to personal opinion again? I love this game. I have what I know to be reality based truth and logic, all you have on the other hand are ramblings from 2000 years ago that you use to make yourself feel better about death, a "truth of life" that only caters to cowards and intellectual sheep.

Opinions are fun!

We'll see who's the coward when you're on your death bed. For me death is the entrance into an eternal world of awe and love, truth really sets one free, hell's jail and Christ holds the keys to it and He will never return to unlock it, so once there, eternally there.

GC Wrote:So you hear this creature speaking to you, sad really sad!

AG Wrote:One could say the same of you hearing the Holy Spirit GC, those who live in glass houses should abstain from hurling stones boyo.

Anything else?

Throw all the stones you want at my house, it's built on the strength of an omnipotent God. I have never said I hear God with my ears, the Holy Spirit speaks from within.

I've provided more than you could ever handle.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Godschild Wrote: Throw all the stones you want at my house, it's built on the strength of an omnipotent God.

Well, i guess your house isn't built on anything because omnipotence doesn't exist because it is impossible.....unless of course you change the definition to suit your own needs.

(November 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Godschild Wrote: I have never said I hear God with my ears, the Holy Spirit speaks from within.

GC

Humor me hear GC but what does the word 'speak' mean. If the holy spirit really speaks to you, you must be able to hear it. Granted, not with your ears, but like how schizophrenics hear voices in their heads.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(November 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(November 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm)Godschild Wrote: I haven't looked for Bigfoot
I didn't ask if you looked for big foot, I asked if you believed in him. Try answering again.

You're being plain dishonest, I suggest no one take you seriously, if everyone will go back to my last post to you they will see where I answered the question. You did not like it because it wasn't what you expected or wanted to hear.

(November 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm)Godschild Wrote: Care to share those things your unicorn has said and done, is there some real reason I can not here this creature and what is it's ultimate goal?

GC

BW Wrote:Well you obviously didn't listen hard enough. You don't believe enough. You don't want to believe in the unicorn. Why would the unicorn want to reveal himself to someone who doesn't want to believe? Its all part of free will. Its up to you to have faith in the unicorn and you will start seeing him. Its not up to him to reveal himself to you.
Any of this sounding familiar?

If you're trying to compare your trash talk with Christianity you should first learn what Christianity is about.
The biggest mistake you made was thinking God does not take the action of calling you and revealing Himself to you. God wants all to see Him and my belief in God as anyone's is comes from God. I see no free will with that unicorny of yours, he/she/it doesn't give us any options to anything, pretty sorry pet you have.

GC
Jerkoff
(November 17, 2013 at 7:26 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(November 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Godschild Wrote: Throw all the stones you want at my house, it's built on the strength of an omnipotent God.

Well, i guess your house isn't built on anything because omnipotence doesn't exist because it is impossible.....unless of course you change the definition to suit your own needs.

(November 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Godschild Wrote: I have never said I hear God with my ears, the Holy Spirit speaks from within.

GC

Humor me hear GC but what does the word 'speak' mean. If the holy spirit really speaks to you, you must be able to hear it. Granted, not with your ears, but like how schizophrenics hear voices in their heads.

You will need to prove these ridiculous statements you claim to have knowledge of.

GC

(November 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm)The Reality Salesman Wrote: Jerkoff

And this is not trolling, yet I bet the mods here want say a thing, right.

GC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UK]Leader of the Lib Dems resigns claiming religious persecution GUBU 14 5733 June 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5681 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is it a constant struggle to keep believing? FreeTony 34 8055 December 25, 2013 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Believing in creationism is a sin Nerd 96 32790 March 25, 2013 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman