Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(November 24, 2016 at 10:28 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: nobody likes a Newly Departed tease

Shit or get off'n the pot, I say.

(November 24, 2016 at 5:35 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I wonder if it's worth the effort of writing a MyBB plugin that prevents someone from posting on a specific thread. You know, for reasons.

Do me first.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 24, 2016 at 9:43 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(November 24, 2016 at 9:34 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: While I don't particularly care for EP's kind of coming and going, others seem to engage in the same behavior, yet no one bats an eye over it. I'm not sticking up for EP, mind you, but if people are going to bitch about one person doing it, they ought to bitch about the other people doing it as well.

False dilemma predicated on a false equality.

If someone routinely announced they were quitting than showed back up in a matter of hours to a day, they damn well will probably get flak provided they pissed others off.

Your paradigm seems immune to a little thing we call "context".

Did you know that everyone is not the same identical cookie-cutter model with the exact same history and actions?

Shocking.

Be that as it may, it's a known fact that certain people round here get certain reactions for doing the same shit others do as well (and it's not limited to just this one thing, this sort of thing happens all over the boards.)

I don't see you on here much, so I'm going out on a limb to say that you probably miss much of what goes on here.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Not that it's always a bad thing when it happens, but since others were commenting, I figured I'd throw my two cents in.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well, I tried to leave. I managed for what, 3 days?
Mafia pulled me back in. I am still feeling kinda anti-social, but really, you guys keep me sane so leaving for a long period would be hard!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 24, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I am very much thankful for Luckie's willingness to see the best in everything. It's refreshing.

Aww thanks I don't know what you saw in me to say that but .. Heard that before and I'm flattered, thank you. Some might call it a character flaw as it makes me very gullible. But hell I don't care! I call it my "Survival Instinct" because I could not survive one shit day to the next, without finding some silver lining in something!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(November 25, 2016 at 3:26 am)Aroura Wrote: Well, I tried to leave.  I managed for what, 3 days?
Mafia pulled me back in. I am still feeling kinda anti-social, but really, you guys keep me sane so leaving for a long period would be hard!

(November 25, 2016 at 3:37 am)Luckie Wrote:
(November 24, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I am very much thankful for Luckie's willingness to see the best in everything. It's refreshing.

Aww thanks I don't know what you saw in me to say that but .. Heard that before and I'm flattered, thank you. Some might call it a character flaw as it makes me very gullible. But hell I don't care! I call it my "Survival Instinct" because I could not survive one shit day to the next, without finding some silver lining in something!

It is indeed one of your best qualities. Truly endearing. Your positive energy is truly wonderful.

"Refreshing"--perfect word choice, Moros. Smile
(November 25, 2016 at 3:26 am)Aroura Wrote: Mafia pulled me back in.

Works every time. Big Grin

[Image: 32245924.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I love this thread. Many thanks to Luckie!!!
Turns out I really did leave this time. What do you know... Doesn't mean crazy, retarded fucks who don't know the rules to the forum they're administrating won't use the opportunity to prop themselves up if I take a reconciliatory tone on my way out... You know, like an adult? Wink

How many fucks am I holding up?
Hehe. Didn't leave because of the forum and will return anytime I like(though not bloody likely). If anyone has a problem with that they know what they can do, don't they?

Fucking cowards, the whole lot. And some itty-bitty imbeciles coming out of the woodwork, for good measure.

Well, no. There are some sensible folks here who don't make their dramas about me. Kudos to them.

Still gone. Just dropped by to say fuck you to moron suckadick. K, thanks. Bye.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10212 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4180 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10239 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13472 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin