Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(October 22, 2017 at 10:29 pm)Joods Wrote: Seems that hammy also deactivated his slack account too, after he basically got ignored in random.

No, it's now officially part of the ban process.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Slack account?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 22, 2017 at 11:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Slack account?

His account for the forum chat on Slack.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 22, 2017 at 10:33 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Is it just me or did this thread suddenly get very gay?

(October 22, 2017 at 10:33 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Is it just me or did this thread suddenly get very gay?

Hmmm.  If you're picking up a double entendre I assure you I didn't intend it.   Sleepy

Idempotent, instead?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 22, 2017 at 12:21 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Almost emburussin' how I like that song about right now.  Peace, y'all.

Nooooooooooooooo! Not Thump! Huh
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(October 22, 2017 at 10:29 pm)Joods Wrote: Seems that hammy also deactivated his slack account too, after he basically got ignored in random.

Who ignored Hammy in Slack?  That wasn't on purpose from my end; I was just out with the kids and didn't have time to talk.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 23, 2017 at 1:35 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:

Who ignored Hammy in Slack?  That wasn't on purpose from my end; I was just out with the kids and didn't have time to talk.

You putting the kids before Hammy’s attention whoring needs?
I don't even know you anymore!

Big Grin

Heart
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
In case hammy is reading this:

Hammy! Love you, boo!
I do agree with the decision, but I want to clarify that I don’t feel that he was being ignored in slack. That’s not the word. He knows he’s loved, but being a friend doesn’t equal agreeing on everything. Besides, slack is there 24/7, but life is also happening and we can’t just ignore life. It was more like a... hanneh, STAHP! Catch ya later, kind of thing. Man, friends tell friends when they’re fucking up, no? If friends don’t do that, who can you count on to tell you when you’re walking around with a booger poking out your nose? Heh. I’d tell any of you mofos about that booger, and if you chose to be in denial about said booger, I’d be like, “Off with you, and your booger ways! I have my own children’s boogers to worry about anyway!” And then I’d come back later hoping the booger is gone and we can go back to talking about whatever it is we were talking about before you let a booger make your face a permanent home.

So like... CIJS and stuff.

Hey, check your fb messages, hamz.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(October 23, 2017 at 3:59 am)J a c k Wrote: In case hammy is reading this:

Hammy! Love you, boo!
I do agree with the decision, but I want to clarify that I don’t feel that he was being ignored in slack. That’s not the word. He knows he’s loved, but being a friend doesn’t equal agreeing on everything. Besides, slack is there 24/7, but life is also happening and we can’t just ignore life. It was more like a... hanneh, STAHP! Catch ya later, kind of thing. Man, friends tell friends when they’re fucking up, no? If friends don’t do that, who can you count on to tell you when you’re walking around with a booger poking out your nose? Heh. I’d tell any of you mofos about that booger, and if you chose to be in denial about said booger, I’d be like, “Off with you, and your booger ways! I have my own children’s boogers to worry about anyway!” And then I’d come back later hoping the booger is gone and we can go back to talking about whatever it is we were talking about before you let a booger make your face a permanent home.

Perhaps "ignored" was the wrongly chosen word by me. But I was in slack so my perception of what happened in there might be a bit biased because of it. What I saw was, Hammy getting argumentative with me about the ban, saying it wasn't fair that he got banned in the first place. What I got out of that convo was that I guess he refused to see where he was at fault and kept denying that he ever trolled anyone. You and I weren't interested in discussing it further so we both said we'd come back later. Then Camus came in and made an appearance and when Hammy said Hi! and didn't get a response, he followed it with something like "where did everyone go?", and no one answered, my thought was that he simply deactivated his account because he got ignored. 

If the staff removed him from that particular slack channel as a result of being banned here that's one thing, but I clicked on his name in there and it specifically said that the account for that slack user had been deactivated. I wasn't aware that someone else could physically deactivate another person's account. I thought slack was open for everyone and that you needed an invite for certain channels. 

tl;dr version: I thought he deactivated his account and was off licking his hurt feelings somewhere.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 23, 2017 at 4:44 am)Joods Wrote:
(October 23, 2017 at 3:59 am)J a c k Wrote: In case hammy is reading this:

Hammy! Love you, boo!

Perhaps "ignored" was the wrongly chosen word by me. But I was in slack so my perception of what happened in there might be a bit biased because of it. What I saw was, Hammy getting argumentative with me about the ban, saying it wasn't fair that he got banned in the first place. What I got out of that convo was that I guess he refused to see where he was at fault and kept denying that he ever trolled anyone. You and I weren't interested in discussing it further so we both said we'd come back later. Then Camus came in and made an appearance and when Hammy said Hi! and didn't get a response, he followed it with something like "where did everyone go?", and no one answered, my thought was that he simply deactivated his account because he got ignored. 

If the staff removed him from that particular slack channel as a result of being banned here that's one thing, but I clicked on his name in there and it specifically said that the account for that slack user had been deactivated. I wasn't aware that someone else could physically deactivate another person's account. I thought slack was open for everyone and that you needed an invite for certain channels. 

tl;dr version: I thought he deactivated his account and was off licking his hurt feelings somewhere.

I don't use slack chat much. His week of timeout wasn't based on that. He engaged on flaming pool and vice versa.The evidence is clear, given that he was riding pools ass at any given oportunity. And vice versa.

The referee wistled. A week for hammy and two weeks for pool, because he also posted PMs. Both of them should realize how lucky they are. It is not a permaban. It means there is hope.

Not that I won' t expect complainin. Its a given. At least Tibs keeps sending a daily dosis of hookers and blow, to make up for that.(<'--- joking. Or am I?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10181 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4162 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10234 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13445 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin