Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
MK, a pro tip ... stay or leave gracefully without drama so we can remember you as a nice guy...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Maybe just take a break, MK. Everything in moderation.
(March 28, 2018 at 10:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: "Don't bring me down, Bruce!
"Don't bring me dow- ow-own, Bruce!"

Jesus Christ! How old are you? 55?
You look bloody nice for an old bag I must say! Big Grin

(now I got fucking ELO songs on the brain)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 28, 2018 at 10:26 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It's been a pleasure everyone. I asked the staff to permanently ban me, because I am going to back old habits of debating and spending too much time on forums which is not good for my mental health and life goals.

I enjoyed my time here. Thank you everyone. Keep going for your goals people in the fitness thread. These forums I spend too much time on them. Way too much time.

And time is no longer commodity I have. I have to spend it wisely.

Take care all. Was a serious honor to get to know you guys!

See you later! Come back when you have the time. Big Grin
I would really appreciate it if the Staff ban me! I don't have discipline, I like talking to you guys too much!
(March 29, 2018 at 10:19 am)MysticKnight Wrote: I would really appreciate it if the Staff ban me! I don't have discipline, I like talking to you guys too much!

MK, I wish you could stay, but if it's best for your mental health to go and you can't stay away, try doing something that will get you banned. Break some rules.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Way to be a positive influence, CL. "Go break some rules!"
(March 29, 2018 at 10:41 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(March 29, 2018 at 10:19 am)MysticKnight Wrote: I would really appreciate it if the Staff ban me! I don't have discipline, I like talking to you guys too much!

MK, I wish you could stay, but if it's best for your mental health to go and you can't stay away, try doing something that will get you banned. Break some rules.

Yeah...no. Don't do that. Please don't encourage people to break the rules either.
Sorry 😕
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Rules aren't meant to be rigid.

Think of dynamic programming. What would happen if we follow rigid rules and tried to fit a pattern by rigid rules?  

I know it's a policy, but Tiberius, you can make an exception for me.

It's for the greater good. I need it for my mental health.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10522 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4222 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10567 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin