Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(June 3, 2018 at 12:49 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He's been fine with me when I called him out for the vile things he said to Neo just a few weeks ago.

So because he was worse to us, it’s our fault? He was fine with me plenty of times until he wasn’t anymore. Then, he was a total dweeb. Lucky you don’t have to deal with him for as long as some of us have or maybe he’d be saying your husband deserves better too. To be clear, I didn’t really mind what he said to me. He went further than I would have in the same situation, but it reallly aggravated Tibs, so I’m fine with ham storming off and playing victim again for awhile. If i don’t get a break from him, I’ll stop having any restraint with his bullshit.
Joods, it's Because you were more aggressive about it, and because you two already have a history. I assume he would have reacted the same way towards me otherwise.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(June 3, 2018 at 12:49 am)Joods Wrote: @MK: Then preach to his ass outside this place.  Have enough respect for others and stop already.

(June 3, 2018 at 12:49 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He's been fine with me when I called him out for the vile things he said to Neo just a few weeks ago.

And he jumped my shit in three different threads when I said the same thing.  But I suppose you'd give him a pass because he was nice to you. 

Stop enabling him already. That's not helping him.

None of you can help him. Smile

I am going to tell you frankly and honestly.  All my friends abandoned me. They wouldn't even reply on facebook let alone meet with me. Someone who I didn't contact since primary school was the only one who reached out to me during my dark times of illness.

None of my family showed belief I can do university.  None of them treated me respectfully but it was always downright condescending attitude.

And I was a Deist for five years.

And an Atheist for about 1 or 2 weeks can't remember now.

We human are LOUSY at helping and encouraging each other.

We focus on faults of others. Remember them only by their flaws.

We like positive people who do well and abandon people in a hard time.

Anyways, Hammy, you wonder why you need religion or God for morality, it's because you need strength from the spirit of God, the Guide, the leader, the holy spirit, the power of God, the name of God....

If you seek honor you will only get it by the pure word rising, and God lifting it.

People bash religion. You bash religion. You bash the need of God and see yourself needless. But at the end, you need him like we all do.

And it's time you stop pretending you can do without his help and guidance. Real time to look for that rope extended from God to you.

Labels from Mental Health experts are just going to cause more ignorance to who you are as a human being.

We all have flaws. All of us except the name and captain of God that is sheer beauty to be held on to and followed.
No, never said it was your fault. Just saying that we know he is this way. So, knowing this, I don't understand why anyone would provoke him.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Well I haven’t approached him in that way and he still went off on me, so I’m all set with him for now. It’s nice that his friends want to help him get through whatever tangent he is on, but they should respect that he hasn’t always been good to people (I haven’t either), so the rest of us shouldn’t be expected to sing his praises or pussyfoot around him. I would expect there would be plenty of people who haven’t got the warm and fuzzies for me and that is A-OK.
He's gone now anyway so it doesn't matter anymore. Hopefully he will get the help he needs for his diagnosis.

-walsh
Or stop letting it define him.
Guys ... We either take him as an equal (the right thing to do) in which case he got what he deserves, or we understand his condition and make allowances for it (at some expense to the members here who may need to walk on eggshells when communicating with him.)  I've preferred to wrongly take the second approach as it makes him happy and I can always (do) ignore all his ego stuff...  Should we all have played the grown ups and not fallen into his trap? Dunno who knows what is the right thing to do?

Hammy, as I've mentioned before, this forum (being generally less hostile due to the calibre of people here) is indicative of the real world. (but slightly less harsh)
If "we" don't get you, no-one will irl either ... You really need to fix that part first matey ... this forum is not your "real life" even though you think it is.
The longer you substitute this forum and the members as your real life world, the worse off you'll be. You probably did do the right thing by leaving matey...
All the best for the future. (I know he's reading this Shy )
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 3, 2018 at 12:58 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Joods, it's Because you were more aggressive about it, and because you two already have a history. I assume he would have reacted the same way towards me otherwise.

I wasn't aggressive. I said what I initially said, in a nice manner. He chose to take it personally. He chooses to take everything personally. I am only responsible for what I say, not what he chooses to understand.

A 29 year old grown adult should be expected to behave accordingly. He doesn't need to be coddled, but apparently he's able to manipulate some of you into thinking that he deserves to be babied. 

My 22 year old with Down syndrome acts more mature than he does. Oh and she also has Autism. You will forever enable him so he sees no reason to work on being a better person.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I hope reading this doesn’t upset him too much. It’d be nice if he used it as a reason to do some reflection. I’m not confident though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10549 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4226 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10603 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin