Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(November 14, 2018 at 1:17 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 11:32 am)Kit Wrote: As one who is emotionally inert, I cannot reasonably be invested enough in caring about the needs of others.

Aren’t you a nurse, lol?

Careful. He already jumped on my shit for mixing the two worlds together when I mentioned his job.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 14, 2018 at 12:55 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 12:48 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Well, good.

Now we just need to settle this like adults, don't we?

Guns or knives?

Apparently we're going with knives.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 14, 2018 at 1:39 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 12:55 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Guns or knives?

Apparently we're going with knives.

[Image: t1IGicR.gif]
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 14, 2018 at 11:54 am)MysticKnight Wrote: If anyone was going to take some of you to the light, it was Catholic_Lady, but now you stuck with me trying to knock sense to you guys blue butt Rafiki style way to Simba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_p8P_PVXo

Nope, you're wrong.  She was never here to proselytize and had no problem with anyone choice of faith or lack there of.
(November 14, 2018 at 1:54 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 11:54 am)MysticKnight Wrote: If anyone was going to take some of you to the light, it was Catholic_Lady, but now you stuck with me trying to knock sense to you guys blue butt Rafiki style way to Simba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_p8P_PVXo

Nope, you're wrong.  She was never here to proselytize and had no problem with anyone choice of faith or lack there of.

She did a damn good job on proving God through morality with that video she defended from the professor who did a good job on defending the moral argument for God. Epic thread was epic, but still no believers made out of that!
(November 14, 2018 at 12:50 pm)Kit Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 12:48 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Well, good.

Now we just need to settle this like adults, don't we?

Whatever you and the others need to settle is your business.

Hey, she was talking to the adults.
(November 14, 2018 at 1:26 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: O man, I always try to come up with new arguments or different way of paraphrasing it. I decided out of all arguments, I think that God sees us exactly as we are and it has to be that way for us to have existence, is by far the most manifesting to his light and vision by which he creates all things.

No one has come close to refuting that ...

That's not even an argument. It's a pious assertion, (with nothing to support it).
There's no need to refute an assertion with no evidence. It's a big nothing. It's just pious sentimental drivel.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 14, 2018 at 2:00 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 1:26 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: O man, I always try to come up with new arguments or different way of paraphrasing it. I decided out of all arguments, I think that God sees us exactly as we are and it has to be that way for us to have existence, is by far the most manifesting to his light and vision by which he creates all things.

No one has come close to refuting that ...

That's not even an argument. It's a pious assertion, (with nothing to support it).
There's no need to refute an assertion with no evidence. It's a big nothing. It's just pious sentimental drivel.

Thing is, Mystic will say something nonsensical, then when called out on it being nonsensical he'll just retreat to sticking his fingers in his ears with the refrain "you haven't refuted my argument, I win."  That's his MO.  Good luck trying to get anything through to him. Dodgy
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
You think that because you don't know how people talk in the past, and don't know how to derive premises from simple statements. You can derive enough premises and the conclusion will follow and it's all implied in that phrase.
(November 14, 2018 at 2:02 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: You think that because you don't know how people talk in the past, and don't know how to derive premises from simple statements. You can derive enough premises and the conclusion will follow and it's all implied in that phrase.

You're right.  The problem is with me and my grasp of simple linguistics and reading comprehension.  That's why you've got a long track record of successfully converting people on this forum with a large portion of its members considering you a valuable, contributing part of it whose conversations are worthwhile and not at all predictable and repetitive.

Dodgy
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10540 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4223 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10592 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin