Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
(February 4, 2015 at 1:27 pm)robvalue Wrote: Thank you Kitty, that's kind Smile

I've decided I miss the community too much so I'm hanging around and just going in light hearted topics for now. Need to give the core processor some time off from the hardcore stuff. Thanks for supporting me everyone, this community means a lot to me.

I totally understand. I feel the same way. Hope you decompress some.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Thanks very much Smile Sometimes I'm trying to get to sleep and I've got all these arguments going round in my head, that's a sign to take a break! I put my chainsaw into the repair shop but I'm sure it'll be back before too long Wink
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 4, 2015 at 1:34 pm)robvalue Wrote: Sometimes I'm trying to get to sleep and I've got all these arguments going round in my head, that's a sign to take a break!

I've had times like that where I've become too embroiled in an argument or discussion that I think too much about it. So much so that I don't want to log off as I want the final word.

Sometimes it's good to just remember that ultimately, this is just an internet forum and most of what we say here is inconsequential. Same goes when people have drama or when serious arguments occur. It's a little too easy to take this place too seriously. If I ever get overly attached to a particular topic and I know it's detrimental to post further, for whatever reason, I'll write out my response, go to post preview, and then read it through. Then I'll simply delete it. Quite often I find myself (or at least used to) caring too much to the point where I have to win every argument or battle. Realising that you don't have to can help if this place starts taking over.

Although it's still good to get into the serious shit from time to time. Just don't let it become all the time. Pick your battles I guess Wink

/tangent
(February 4, 2015 at 1:27 pm)robvalue Wrote: Thank you Kitty, that's kind Smile

I've decided I miss the community too much so I'm hanging around and just going in light hearted topics for now. Need to give the core processor some time off from the hardcore stuff. Thanks for supporting me everyone, this community means a lot to me.

Bwahahaha! He's hooked. Reel him in!
(February 4, 2015 at 12:42 pm)Kitty Galore Wrote: Xeno! I was all, like, Panic

I would miss you terribly. I'm glad you are sticking around. Tiger

Aw shucks... Now I have to stay.
Well in 3 weeks I should have some results from the bone marrow draining.
(February 6, 2015 at 3:43 pm)Drich Wrote: Well in 3 weeks I should have some results from the bone marrow draining.

Shouldn't matter to you Drich.

Option A - You got nothing incurable --> god answered your prayers.

Option B - You have a terminal desease --> god works in mysterious ways.

ROFLOL
Or even ..

Option C - God calls you home. You're not losing your life, you're trading up.
(February 6, 2015 at 3:43 pm)Drich Wrote: Well in 3 weeks I should have some results from the bone marrow draining.

Good luck.
Dying to live, living to die.
Three weeks is a long time to wait for news like that, Drich. My condolences. I suggest lots of ice cream sandwiches and walks with the dogs. You have two right?

On my way home from a 6 day stint at the hospital on Saturday, we got news my grandma had had a heart attack. They flight for life helicoptered her downtown and did a quadruple bypass; she's amazingly alive and spunky this morning. I'm happy she got a second breathe of life (or that's what I call it).
Unfortunately I still have the fever I went into the hospital with in the first place --they thought antibiotics would do the trick, but auto-immune is tricksy. I'm currently trying not to dehydrate over the weekend, and probably won't be around here much next week. I really hope Tiberius gets you guys your awards! Sorry Sad
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10157 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4141 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13412 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin