Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
(March 4, 2015 at 6:32 pm)rasetsu Wrote: I plugged 'Stimbo' into Facebook, but nothing came up. I think I'm doing this wrong.

I wasn't sure if I should reveal his facebook name on the forum or not... I'll have to ask xD Kind of wondered earlier, opted to not, and now I have to think about it again XD

* Violet is a sillyhead who spent today drawing colorful lies.

(March 4, 2015 at 5:52 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Is there an entire Facebook aspect of this site that I'm missing out on?

Honestly no... unless you like the idea of being friends with Alice.

... Alice's friends have a strong tendency to go away forever. Undecided

(March 4, 2015 at 6:33 pm)Beccs Wrote: Yes, Steel, some of us hook up, figuratively speaking, on FB.

And some of us hook up on facebook in a somewhat more literal sense Dodgy

(March 4, 2015 at 6:55 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Please give him my well-wishes. I hope whatever's ailing him, he sorts.

I'll try to remember as best I can. Lots of full heads around these parts fulltime lately forever.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 4, 2015 at 9:30 pm)Alice Wrote: ... Alice's friends have a strong tendency to go away forever. Undecided

I live in that voidspace, you know.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 4, 2015 at 6:32 pm)rasetsu Wrote: I plugged 'Stimbo' into Facebook, but nothing came up. I think I'm doing this wrong.

I'm on FB, but as something else. Not sure I've ever seen an AF.com FB, but I'm following so many FBs, that might be one. Actually, I do have one FB friend from here. Used to have two. And I follow one on here who has drifted off.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 5, 2015 at 12:35 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I live in that voidspace, you know.

That's really not your fault...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E
Short answer: nein.

Which means I could have probably saved myself time, energy, and face if I'd have just gone through our mutual friends...

But stimbo's pretty popular in ways I'll never be... who knows how many secret AF.org forumgoers he has secretly stashed away Dodgy Ehh, my method was requested, and it works all the same.
Who knows some good websites for body disposal?

Wait.

You're popular with me Alice Smile Hope you're OK.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 5, 2015 at 3:27 pm)robvalue Wrote: Who knows some good websites for body disposal?

Wait.

* Violet raises a lazy hand, her features expressionless and bland.

Quote:You're popular with me Alice Smile Hope you're OK.

Yeah... I'm okay.

Which is why I'm drawing what I'm drawing, and writing LIES across the whole damn thing. I may be too happy today to focus that kind of passion into it today. Getting okay destroys one's ability to channel pain, anger, bitterness, depression, and self-loathing. Somewhat annoying, really. Pain in the ass for an artist. No wonder all the good poets are tortured.

Sex is too freaking strong. Could incorporate a happier set of passion here, how about mania... yes yes, mania is good.
Well, today was d-day for my bone marrow biopsy. (Which btw, if you have not had one, see if your doctor needs you to donate any bone marrow, because life is not complete until you feel them slurping bone marrow out of your pelvis with a huge sirenge.. It's kinda like a fat kid sucking every bit of ice cream shake out of a mc Donald's togo cup, that thick viscous slurping sound, that you feel in your bones, rather than hear, because "we can't deaden the pain you may experience in your bones."

Any way. The review was put off for three weeks, because they could not find cancer or lukiema. So they thought it was genetic. (Polycythemia versa) would have been the diagnosis. So they look at my chromosomes, But everything is clear. So The doctor said, ''your numbers would normally indicate something wrong, but in rare cases some people simply do not fit the norms we are use to seeing. All we can do is check you for everything bad, and then tell you that everything is ok.'

He also said this doesn't mean that something can't go wrong in the future, but for now we can find anything wrong with you, other than your numbers (white/red blood cell count is a lot higher than most people.) so I am to be checked every 6 to 9 months forever. (Which is better than what I was looking at)

Then my wife asked about this possibly causing me to diagnosised with AIDS in the mid nineties, and he said: AIDS stands for auto immune deficiency syndrome. AIDS is a term used to describe an immune system deficiency. When generally speaking of this deficiency is caused by the HIV virus, but this is not always the case. He said he can not be sure because he does not have my medical records, but I could have been diagnosis with AIDS accuratly, never having contracted the HIV virus if what is going on with me is cyclical. Meaning my blood numbers go up and down.

So for what it's worth I (after 10 1/2 months of being told to prepare for the worst by my primary care doctor and urologist) have been given a clean bill of health by the UF cancer center.. Well outside of my burst apendix and supposed enlarged prostate (which is also a symptomatic)
Which means I get to stick around a while longer, to try and take as many of you a-holes with me (kicking and screaming) beyond the pearly gates when we do get called home.
I'm glad you got a clean bill of health, Drich. You can try to drag me kicking and screaming if you dare, but my imaginary soul has been through a lot of shit and she will kick your ass. Big Grin
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Good to hear, Drich.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10210 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4180 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10238 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13472 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin