Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
Welcome back, bunny lady! I trust you're in better health? Losty has a mean case of tuberculosis, unfortunately.
(March 17, 2015 at 1:51 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Welcome back, bunny lady! I trust you're in better health? Losty has a mean case of tuberculosis, unfortunately.

Holy baby apple jesus pie, batman! Poor poor honey bunny! Howwwww?! Are her kids sick too?
I'm feeling better thank you yes Smile still in a rehab facility getting my strength back post a surgery, but I now have a sunnier prognosis for the year Smile

I miss you guys a lot. It's just hard being on massive pain meds, to want to be social!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Good to hear that! We await your return both to health and to the forum.

To my knowledge her daughter was sick as well, but my information may be outdated.
(March 17, 2015 at 2:19 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(March 17, 2015 at 1:51 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Welcome back, bunny lady! I trust you're in better health? Losty has a mean case of tuberculosis, unfortunately.

Holy baby apple jesus pie, batman! Poor poor honey bunny! Howwwww?! Are her kids sick too?
I'm feeling better thank you yes Smile still in a rehab facility getting my strength back post a surgery, but I now have a sunnier prognosis for the year Smile

I miss you guys a lot. It's just hard being on massive pain meds, to want to be social!

I disabled my sig to see if that helps. I was originally diagnosed with Bronchitis and my oldest daughter as well. She's all better. I got worse instead of better. So far I haven't heard anything about tuberculosis, but who knows. I know nothing. I do the breathing treatments. They make me really sick. But I've been feeling less exhausted in the last 12 hours. Probably because the scary test came back negative and I'm no longer seeing Dr. ScareMeToDeathBeforeResultsAreIn (aka Dr. GrumpyScaryFace or whatever I named him the first time) Dodgy
I actually slept like 4 whole hours last night. Possibly more.

I don't like apple pie, how's about baby peanut butter Jesus pie?

How's my favorite bunny? I miss you Heart
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Losty and Luckie are bae.

I've missed you guys sorely.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm an idiot. I have no idea how I confused tuberculosis with bronchitis. :p

Get better soon, Losty!
Aww I miss you guys too Steel Curtain Smile I will try to be around a bit more now (who knows though ey)

Losty love, it's been a long time to be sick! Sorry you're unwell Sad Changing your sig didn't work, and my having gotten an iphone coincides with my issue so.. Anyone have a tissue? I just got on my computer to read Losty's post.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(March 17, 2015 at 1:07 pm)Luckie Wrote: Did you know there's actually a medical procedure where they stick a tube up your and tape your butt cheeks together? What what in the..
I won't say how I know, I won't I won't Angel

Are you sure that's not just what they've told you? There's not a hidden camera and a staff party video involved?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 17, 2015 at 12:00 am)Losty Wrote:
(March 16, 2015 at 5:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Change doctors?

I did. Sad
I exchanged Dr. McGrumpyScaryFace, for Dr. CrudIsAGoodSign Undecided
I'm getting there though. I think. Goodnight.

Really and truly, get well soon. I had to be nice and bring a newbie some cookies, dang it! Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I wish everyone the best and speedy recoveries Smile

Luckie: just a long shot, maybe if you scrolled right to the bottom of the forum and clicked "switch to full version" you might be able to read Losty's posts?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10208 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4180 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10238 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13472 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin