Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
(March 31, 2015 at 3:28 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(March 31, 2015 at 3:15 pm)Losty Wrote: Lol. Vosur can be overprotective of me. It's nice that at least someone noticed how people were a bit harsh in their reactions to me. Not to mention that several people were responding to something I never even said.

The only reason Vosur noticed is because he's over-protective, like you said.  The only harshness put to you was in response to the harshness you displayed.  

Funny I wonder what I should do with these messages from other people expressing how they felt the response was too harsh.

Quote:
Quote:but my point was and remains that the staff tend to enforce rules differently depending on whether or not they like the person involved.

No... we actually don't do that.

"I'm going to remember this the next time you make a report, or show up in one." ~Stimbo

Quote:
Quote:A point which Stimbo kind of proved.

How did he prove that?
"I'm going to remember this the next time you make a report, or show up in one." ~Stimbo

Quote:
Quote:A point which Last Poet said I was right about after calling me ignorant and saying I made false accusations and then tacked on the but what are you going to do about it at the end. Very professional.

You did make false accusations.  You are ignorant about what goes on behind the scenes.  And, once again, with "very professional" you're doing it again. [/quite]

What I'm doing with the "very professional" is what again? It's now a false accusation to say that what last poet said to me was unprofessional?

Quote:[quote]
It's whatever. I made a statement about something I think is true and it wasn't well recieved at all. I shouldn't have made it publicly and some people didn't need to respond so harshly.

It wasn't received well because you were in the wrong. Now your apology to me through PM just feels hollow.  I thought it meant something, but you obviously haven't taken anything I've said to heart.

My apology to you via PM had nothing to do with this. I apologized to ou because it's seemed to some that my post was directed at you personally and it was not meant to be a personal thing.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
One bitter reply to insinuations of mismanagement becomes Staff policy. I never knew I had it in me. I can't wait to see if this power works on the ladies.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 31, 2015 at 3:38 pm)Losty Wrote:
(March 31, 2015 at 3:28 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: The only reason Vosur noticed is because he's over-protective, like you said.  The only harshness put to you was in response to the harshness you displayed.  

Funny I wonder what I should do with these messages from other people expressing how they felt the response was too harsh.

So what does "at least someone noticed how people were a bit harsh" mean?

Quote:
Quote:No... we actually don't do that.

So in remembering an incident that could be construed as flaming, you're assuming Stimbo is indicating a dislike for Vosur?  That's a big assumption.

Quote:
Quote:How did he prove that?

See above.

Quote:
Quote:You did make false accusations.  You are ignorant about what goes on behind the scenes.  And, once again, with "very professional" you're doing it again.

What I'm doing with the "very professional" is what again? It's now a false accusation to say that what last poet said to me was unprofessional?

No, you're displaying your ignorance about what goes on behind the scenes and still making false accusations about whether we're fair or not.

Quote:
Quote:It wasn't received well because you were in the wrong. Now your apology to me through PM just feels hollow.  I thought it meant something, but you obviously haven't taken anything I've said to heart.

My apology to you via PM had nothing to do with this. I apologized to ou because it's seemed to some that my post was directed at you personally and it was not meant to be a personal thing.

Oh, well... it wasn't really the apology I, or the rest of staff deserved, then.
I'm a nice person. I don't understand how pointing out something is this big of a deal. I care about people and I like to see things be as fair as possible for everyone. Even people that you may not like. As human beings, it's only natural that you're going to let how you feel about people affect you. You can't deny that. To do so would be ridiculous. It's sad that a little bit of criticism turns the whole world upside down. Why so defensive?

As to Last Poet, what am I willing to sacrifice to make this forum more fair? Absolutely nothing. I have, in the past, sacrificed my popularity for changes I felt were important in another forum. That you guys would respond so extremely to such a small thing tells me everything I need to know. I will sacrifice a place I really loved and cared for, I would have never said anything if I didn't care, so that you guys can be happy without me.

If anyone should wish to contact me my name on Facebook is Losty Marie.

0/10

We all have to take it like men Stimbo. Next time, use clear language adressing these issues.

It seems everything that we say might be used against us. Even when we are not on official duty. Meh, I learned this along time ago. All I see here is whining, because the big bad admin dared to criticize the blatant ignorance that Losty demonstrated of what lead to Drich's (temp) ban, accusing staff members of acting on whim.

Meh, the justice of ignorance Sad
Your ignorance is thinking that I was ever complaining about Drich getting banned. I wasn't.

0/10

(March 31, 2015 at 3:15 pm)Losty Wrote:   but my point was and remains that the staff tend to enforce rules differently depending on whether or not they like the person involved. 
We're only human...
We try not to be too much biased... that's why we have to meet quorum for certain tasks... but, sometimes, many of us tend to the same side.

It always makes me sad when a long time member starts behaving in such a manner that may get him/her banned... and we all try to keep them around, telling them what's going on... each mod/admin in his/her own way... some are more successful, others less...

People who start off as trolls will hardly come around... it's like their only goal in registering is to troll... the older members have been behaving properly for too long for us to assume that a new bad behavior can continue leading to a ban.
(March 31, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Losty Wrote: Your ignorance is thinking that I was ever complaining about Drich getting banned. I wasn't.

A tu qoque... Right. If this is about we giving more leniancy to older members, I adressed that. Yes, it is only logical. Otherwise, make a case or shut the fuck up. I'll have nothing else to say on this matter, until you can make a case that the staff gives more leniancy to members in anything else than their longevity.
If we did enforce the rules depending on whether we like the person or not, there are certain people - fortunatley, none of them currently posting in this thread - who I might call to hammer. But a forum run along those lines would not be one with which I would want to be associated. Far too much w alliteration, but I hope it gets the message across.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Let me make this as perfectly clear as I can.

Individuals have biases.  We recognize this, and counter individual bias by requiring significant quorum for actions that have a significant impact on a member (verbal warnings, official warnings, suspensions (temp ban), and permanent bans).
We also have a tradition whereby someone with a clear conflict of interest will recuse themselves from a vote (or be asked to, if they don't recognize the conflict).
The process was designed *specifically* to eliminate, as much as possible, the influence of any individual bias.

If you have constructive suggestions as to how to alter the process to further reduce bias, we're all ears.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10157 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4141 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13412 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin