Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
For what it's worth, I think the staff do an excellent job and handle things very well. It's been extremely rare that I've noticed anything the staff have said being out of place.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 18, 2015 at 2:21 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: "Often" and "retaliation" are big words, Apo.  Care to try harder at backing your assertion?  Or maybe you'd like to retract your statement.  It's extremely unrepresentative and insulting.

No, I don't care to do so. If you don't like the way I've presented my case, tough. Apparently you just want to stir the pot.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hahahaha! I want to stir the pot?? Ooookaaayyyy.

Carry on.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 18, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: No, I don't care to do so.  If you don't like the way I've presented my case, tough.  Apparently you just want to stir the pot.

If you do not care to present your case like an adult, then we're done here, yes?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(May 18, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: No, I don't care to do so.  If you don't like the way I've presented my case, tough.  Apparently you just want to stir the pot.

If you do not care to present your case like an adult, then we're done here, yes?

I presented my case like an adult.  What are you implying?
Shit, there goes the neighborhood... again.

Popcorn
Anyone remember that nice forum we had once?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
[Image: g1351637165909712348.jpg]
You made me read that in the proper voice - get out of my head!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I love you all.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10176 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4152 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13428 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin