Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 10:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an Anti-Feminist!
RE: Ask an Anti-Feminist!
(June 5, 2015 at 6:12 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Mess, you are conflating "feminist" with "feminism". Why don't you talk about specific problems you have with specific people instead of railing against the semantics?

What was semantics about it?

I'm against organised Feminism because it's akin to religion
Define me religion.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(June 5, 2015 at 6:12 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: I am not against Feminism because of ''fear of femininity'' - I love feminine women, so I have no idea why you feel the need to decide my own views for me, thanks. [...]

Because you seem to be scared of a "bogey-woman" under your bed. Just trying to help.

If you "love feminine" women, then I suppose you have no problem with feminine men, right? Or masculine women? 
I suspect you "love" what you perceive as "feminine" - like physical traits, submissive behavior and whatever else gets you off, but you're afraid of gender roles becoming more flexible and women taking control over you. Nothing you've said so far dispels that opinion. 

And you still haven't answered my first question - why should I care? 
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Well the entire argument becomes moot once parthenogenesis becomes the dominant form of reproduction and us blokes become obselete, so...eh.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
(June 5, 2015 at 6:04 pm)Saxmoof Wrote:
Quote:I don't see why the term for someone who believes in equality needs FEMinism, why Fem? It's implying female, thus not gender neutural.

Because women are the ones that would benefit from gender equality

This is the same logic behind the "If Black people can have a Black History month why can't we have a White History month" argument

Oh I hate that one Undecided Every month is white history month 
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 5, 2015 at 7:58 pm)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

How much wood would a feminist suck if a feminist could suck wood??
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Here is a question appropriate for an "Ask a..." thread:

Why should anyone believe you are anything other than a brain-dead misogynist asshole?

When you can't get a date, did it ever occur to you that the problem is not with women, but with you?  Sure, if one woman doesn't like you, that does not mean much.  But if all or most of them dislike you, you should start looking in your mirror for the problem.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I have a question for an Anti-Feminist.

Do you act to try and repeal laws that provide for women's rights like workplace discrimination since there isn't an equivalent male version? Or do you work to see male sided laws enacted to mirror existing ones for women? Or neither?
"I'm thick." - Me
(June 5, 2015 at 4:03 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Do you label anything you don't like as a religion? Thinking

Can I label Justin Bieber as a religion? what about George clooney?

Religion commonly refers to a set of beliefs in god, but that is not the only use.  It refers to devotion.  Fight club made a religion of fighting.  Politicians have made a religion of fucking the people. I religiously get up and go to work every morning.  
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a Feminist! (my turn) abentwookie 47 7741 July 5, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mudhammam