Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Atheist Obsession with Insulting Christians
RE: The Atheist Obsession with Insulting Christians
(September 20, 2015 at 11:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You always think you're so fucking special, don't you.  All religions get bashed.  And all deserve it equally.

Right. And there is a great amount of civil discussion on this forum. Sure, some pepper most threads with antitheism, but there is often a rationale behind it.

What pisses me off is when people start actively dehumanising others purely for their religion and calling for their heads. That shit never ends well.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 20, 2015 at 10:56 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 1:36 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Here is a question, why do you think we are rude? Maybe it because of people like come in here and start preaching like your fairytale is a fact and we must all accept it. Besides what do you value more? honesty or politeness? Would prefer me to be polite and lie?

I think the real problem has finally dawned on me...this isn't a forum for discussing Christianity.

It's just a forum for bashing it.

No one's handcuffed you to the doorknob, Cupcake.

(September 20, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 11:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You always think you're so fucking special, don't you.  All religions get bashed.  And all deserve it equally.

Right. And there is a great amount of civil discussion on this forum. Sure, some pepper most threads with antitheism, but there is often a rationale behind it.

What pisses me off is when people start actively dehumanising others purely for their religion and calling for their heads. That shit never ends well.

Randy ignores the fact that atheists here speak out against fellow atheists when they spew bigotry or cheer violence against religionists. Kitan, for instance earnt the pillow-party he got when he lamented that the body count in S. Carolina wasn't high enough. Randy has ignored the defense of CL and King here in this thread.

He is blinkered, wedded to his image of atheists, probably in order to avoid reexamining his own preconceived notions.

You know, as I think about it, I'm not so sure it is cool to let any theist come in here with the express and sole purpose of promoting his religion. If someone came here wanting to sell rock crushers, they wouldn't last the day. Isn't Randy just pushing his brand? I have to think about this some more.
(September 20, 2015 at 11:35 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: He is blinkered, wedded to his image of atheists, probably in order to avoid reexamining his own preconceived notions.

I don't really care what his opinion of atheists is, do you? Basically anyone who wants to stereotype everyone of a type for the purpose of casting dispersion is basically the same.

*Ha hah! See what I did there? Not deliberate but still funny.
I have some insight into this one.

I've always had a bit of a temper, and when I was a kid it was really common for other children to pick on me deliberately because they knew I would react and they wanted to see it. I can't speak for all people or even all atheists, but I imagine at least a few of them just like seeing people get bent out of shape and have realized that there is essentially an instruction book for bending Christians out of shape (it's called The Bible).

In my case, I guess I felt a little tricked after realizing how much time and money I'd wasted on Jesus for the first 27 years of my life, and so I find some grim amusement in refuting my old religion loudly and perhaps somewhat rudely. It's not like your Gaud is gonna punish me.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(September 20, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 11:35 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: He is blinkered, wedded to his image of atheists, probably in order to avoid reexamining his own preconceived notions.

I don't really care what his opinion of atheists is, do you? Basically anyone who wants to stereotype everyone of a type for the purpose of casting dispersion is basically the same.

*Ha hah! See what I did there? Not deliberate but still funny.

I don't care about his opinion per se. But as we mods used to say at TAF, "We didn't gather here for your convenience of preaching or insulting."

I come here to discuss religion and other topics, not be preached at or slurred, and while I respect your live-and-let-live outlook, when someone gives me what-for I make my feelings plain ... no matter their faith or lack thereof.

(September 20, 2015 at 10:21 pm)MTL Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 10:08 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I don't think he's here seeing what I'm saying. If he was, he'd probably tell me not to worry about it. As he has done so in the past.

by the way, did you find this:

Angry Mob

....afterwards?

Sure did! Angry Mob

Thanks! 
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
....like I said, Randy. You absolutely deserve the responses you get. You made your bed, so don't come complaining.
(September 20, 2015 at 7:51 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Ok ya'll, I get that you guys don't agree with the way Randy presents himself and his views around here, but this is just getting painful to watch. Ganging up on someone and calling them nasty names is never warranted, imho. A few of these posts are just getting to the point of being character assassination. This is a real person here, with a wife and kids, and other loved ones. Let's not forget that.

Uhhh... Randy started the thread we're currently in called "The Atheist Obsession With Insulting Christians".

How can you net see that, a. it's flamebait, and b. it's calling atheists nasty?

What could you possibly expect would happen in this scenario? And what does his personal life have to do with anything? every one of us has a personal life.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7935 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31458 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Obsession with Discussing the Supposed Rudeness of Atheists Whateverist 91 16309 October 1, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51681 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 24741 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15941 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Why do christians make up lies when a famous atheist dies? Lemonvariable72 14 7416 September 11, 2013 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9984 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris