Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Atheist Obsession with Insulting Christians
RE: The Atheist Obsession with Insulting Christians
(September 30, 2015 at 9:56 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 9:54 pm)Losty Wrote: Touché. I wonder how you would feel if you got an std and half the country told you that you should have to keep it as a consequence of having sex. Wink

^^^This. So much this.

It was quite enough in the 80s to just hear Pat Buchanan assert that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 30, 2015 at 11:35 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:Is the child John Connor?

Or Justin Bieber?

Careful, you'll start a lengthy debate with a "Belieber".
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 30, 2015 at 11:28 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 10:42 pm)Losty Wrote: No person has the right to my body even if they need it to survive.

Awww. Not even for half an hour or so?

It's not a right. It would have to be something I consented to.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 30, 2015 at 1:59 pm)Stimbo Wrote: It's more to do with the tradition that JC had to be born free from 'sin', so couldn't possibly have come from a 'soiled' womb. So his dad magically kept her 'immaculate' - free from Original Sin™ - while baking in her mum.
Whatever happened to the Joe fellow?  If he croaked then Mary was obligated to marry his brother.  

Actually none of the women were true virgins since their daddies rammed a cloth up their vaginas to get it all bloody just before the women got married.  And then no one gave a damn when she got married again or ten times after that.  

Great family values.
Losty and Kingpin, both... I'm so sorry you two had to experience that. For all their religious craziness and bigotry, my folks were (and are) really good parents, and always showed us love. Even the crazy stuff they did was out of love and a desire to do what was best for us. I don't say this to gloat, but to say I can't imagine life without that feeling of being loved. Or rather, I can, and I find it quite bleak. My heart breaks for you. It's amazing you both turned out to be such great people. But know that we here find you both indispensable. 

*HUG*

Group Hug
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 30, 2015 at 10:46 pm)lkingpinl Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 10:42 pm)Losty Wrote: I disagree that that's the real question. No person has the right to my body even if they need it to survive.

But you realize that a fetus made no choice in being created in your body, but is a direct result of a choice you made.  (again, notwithstanding cases of rape).

So what? If I were to intentionally run you over, shoot you, stab you repeatedly, etc... you would (as Rocket has already pointed out) have no legal claim to my blood, organs or tissues (not so much as a toenail clipping) to save your life, even though you made no choice concerning my attempt to kill you.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(September 30, 2015 at 11:29 pm)lkingpinl Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 11:26 pm)Losty Wrote: IMO all abortion should be legal.

I'm confused about the after the baby has been born thing.... You can't claim bodily autonomy as a reason to kill something that isn't affecting your body. So the reason we can't kill the baby after it's born is the same reason you can't kill a random stranger on the bus.

Ok, so you are a week before your due date and you have a catastrophic life event resulting in you believing it's best not to have the baby at all, you feel it would be ok to terminate at that point?  I'm not judging or condemning you, and commend your honesty.  Smile

I just want to make sure I understand your position is that termination is ok at any time of the pregnancy and for any reason.

When you add the word "you" in there it complicates things unnecessarily.

If a woman is a week before her due date and she has a catastrophic life event resulting in her believing it's best not to have the baby at all, I feel it would be ok to terminate at that point if that's what she thinks is best for herself and/or her family. I don't think it should be illegal nor do I think it would be immoral for her to make such a choice. I believe that women are capable of deciding what is right for themselves and their potential children.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Pat never clarified the situation in regards to the hemophiliacs, however. And he never rebuked the Lesbians for not cooperating with God's plan for reasons still unknown.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 30, 2015 at 11:46 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Pat never clarified the situation in regards to the hemophiliacs, however. And he never rebuked the Lesbians for not cooperating with God's plan for reasons still unknown.

Well if they cooperated with Gods plan they couldn't have hot gay sex.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 30, 2015 at 11:41 pm)Losty Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 11:29 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: Ok, so you are a week before your due date and you have a catastrophic life event resulting in you believing it's best not to have the baby at all, you feel it would be ok to terminate at that point?  I'm not judging or condemning you, and commend your honesty.  Smile

I just want to make sure I understand your position is that termination is ok at any time of the pregnancy and for any reason.

When you add the word "you" in there it complicates things unnecessarily.

If a woman is a week before her due date and she has a catastrophic life event resulting in her believing it's best not to have the baby at all, I feel it would be ok to terminate at that point if that's what she thinks is best for herself and/or her family.  I don't think it should be illegal nor do I think it would be immoral for her to make such a choice. I believe that women are capable of deciding what is right for themselves and their potential children.

As the bumper stickers say:
"If you can't trust me with a choice, how can you ever trust me with a child."
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7934 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31458 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Obsession with Discussing the Supposed Rudeness of Atheists Whateverist 91 16294 October 1, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51668 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 24736 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15936 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Why do christians make up lies when a famous atheist dies? Lemonvariable72 14 7416 September 11, 2013 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9984 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris