Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
Hard to tell if 1) this guy really IS dumber than a retarded chihuahua, 2) if he doesn't read the responses, or 3) he's a poe.
He's been amusing though.  But now I really have to get some work done.  

An alien dude and his wife
Heard that Earth with smart humans was rife
They conducted their search
They went church to church
But they found no intelligent life.

Lalala
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 8, 2015 at 4:14 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 4:12 pm)Irrational Wrote: Because it would bother you big time if you let that happen.
I wonder if you're just as critical of the validity of the constitution and your birth certificate or news papers

What does this mean?

I am equally critical of all documentation, especially newspapers. Fact check, never just believe.

I would also like to point out that the Constitution has been revised (not counting during the 12 years it took to write, after we declared independence) twenty-three times... twenty four, if you count the addition of the Bill of Rights as a revision. 

It has also been looked at more closely by the Supreme Court, and the language decoded through better knowledge and scholarship literally thousands of times, in precedent-setting cases that clarify the meaning of its various passages.

Only very dishonest people stick to some "original intent" framework, especially since most of them claim things that are in clear defiance of writings we have from the Founding Fathers which show their actual intent was very different from what the "original intent" assholes claim it was. I think this makes a nice parallel to the KJV discussion, except that was a translation made of a 2500-1500 year old book, at the time when it was translated 400 years ago, and which was revised a few more times about 250 years ago into the form we have today. And the KJV is many, many times longer of a book than the Constitution, so the problem is compounded by more than age.

Yet you can sit there with a straight face and tell me you understand it perfectly, and that this one version called the KJV  happens to be the only "correct"  version.

That starts to slip beyond mere delusion into the realm of serious mental issues.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 8, 2015 at 4:15 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: it requires little brain activity to believe on Jesus. It's as easy as drinking water

You don't say. And here was I, thinking you're just very, very smart...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 8, 2015 at 4:23 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Hard to tell if 1) this guy really IS dumber than a retarded chihuahua, 2) if he doesn't read the responses, or 3) he's a poe.

Lalala

Love your limericks, doc! Lemme try one:

The fundies they all sound so crazy,
Yet I think that they're just a bit lazy.
They'll swear it's all true
And explain it for you
But it only makes things seem more hazy.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 8, 2015 at 4:22 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Irrational Wrote: Yeah, just talk about irrelevant stuff instead.

that's relevant. im asking if you trusted in the validity of the constitution, your birth certificate, or the news papers as much as you trust the validity of the kjv bible

(October 8, 2015 at 4:22 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: that's relevant. im asking if you trusted in the validity of the constitution, your birth certificate, or the news papers as much as you trust the validity of the kjv bible

if not then you're very selective in what you chose to believe

That is true. I often go with the evidence. What claim does the constitution make that I should think twice about? I'm assuming you're referring to the American Constitution? If so, I'm not an American.

What about my birth certificate? I have no good reason to doubt it, but if you do have one, please enlighten me.

I'm critical often of many things newspapers say.

But all that said, so what? Doesn't make the Bible any more true.
(October 8, 2015 at 4:21 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 4:10 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Jesus had a bad weekend once for your sins...

his soul went to hell for three days and three nights too[...]

Oh, so it was a long weekend. So what? It was a long time ago and he's fine now - he needs to stop being so butt-hurt.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 8, 2015 at 4:09 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: the saved will live on a new earth with Jesus, not in the clouds. you read too many fairytales

Ok, now I know you're a Poe. They always get too cocky and start over-egging it.

Just admit it and we can move on. C'mon; confession is supposed to be good for the soul.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 8, 2015 at 4:23 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Hard to tell if 1) this guy really IS dumber than a retarded chihuahua, 2) if he doesn't read the responses, or 3) he's a poe.

Lalala

A Christian once came to my door,
But his reasoning powers were poor.
I tried on a whim
To argue with him,
Which soon proved to be quite a bore.
(October 8, 2015 at 4:26 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:

Lalala

Love your limericks, doc! Lemme try one:

The fundies they all sound so crazy,
Yet I think that they're just a bit lazy.
They'll swear it's all true
And explain it for you
But it only makes things seem more hazy.
Great job!  And I bet you wrote that yourself!  I'm going to try to create a few original ones, but I have to admit, I "stole" (oops, plagiarized, better 'fess up!!) these from this site:  Dave's Limerick Site    warning: some of 'em are pretty graphic.    Wink
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 8, 2015 at 4:10 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 4:03 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: he wasn't ill people tortured and crucified him, but the good news is He has risen from the dead

Oh, so he's fine now? What's the big deal, then?

Jesus had a bad weekend once for your sins...

I think, if I was an immoral god, and I knew  I would come back to life in three days, I would volunteer to go through everything Jesus went through, just to see what it was like. Yeah, it would hurt a lot, but you know you can't die, so why not have a hell of (geddit?) an experience?

The idea that what Jesus went through as god incarnate is somehow worse than what has happened to humans throughout history, who did not have the luxury of knowing they'd stay alive and often didn't, or even a millionth as bad as what God intends to inflict upon those who refuse to obey the divine commands alleged to have been issued to the ancient Hebrews, is not even a valid or sane enough concept to qualify as pulp science-fiction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 667 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44307 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7038 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3516 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8698 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9931 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3568 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 36101 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9393 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4995 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris