Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(October 10, 2015 at 10:18 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 10:14 pm)Irrational Wrote: This contradicts the following:

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27

He was addressing the jews who were tempted to go back to animal sacrifices when the message was that Jesus was the one sufficient sacrifice. no need for other sacrifices. receiving the knowledge of truth is hearing the gospel it does not necessarily mean belief occurred.

The verses are clear. If you willingly sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth (which you claim you do), then you're fucked. Don't contradict the Bible.

Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.
(October 10, 2015 at 10:07 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 4:44 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Can I refuse?

Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity.

I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10: 28-29 You are in Jesus' hand and also the Father's hand once you believed. You may let go in your life, but God's hand is so strong and He is never letting go.

Once you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ you pass from death unto life. You are born again and He will no wise cast you out. Jesus said, "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40 Once that moment happens, the Holy Spirit enters you and you are sealed. "Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." 2 Corinthians 1:22 God is serious, so serious that He gives the Holy Spirit and it serves as a down payment. You can't go to hell if the Holy Spirit is in you.

Ugh. I feel dirty.

Need a Holy Spirit Rape Whistle or something...
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 10, 2015 at 10:24 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 10:07 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10: 28-29 You are in Jesus' hand and also the Father's hand once you believed. You may let go in your life, but God's hand is so strong and He is never letting go.

Once you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ you pass from death unto life. You are born again and He will no wise cast you out. Jesus said, "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40 Once that moment happens, the Holy Spirit enters you and you are sealed. "Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." 2 Corinthians 1:22 God is serious, so serious that He gives the Holy Spirit and it serves as a down payment. You can't go to hell if the Holy Spirit is in you.

Ugh. I feel dirty.

You are my brother in Christ
(October 10, 2015 at 10:33 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 10:24 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Ugh. I feel dirty.

Wacky
(October 10, 2015 at 10:33 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 10:24 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Ugh. I feel dirty.

Wait, so... holy spirit in TRS.  TRS in christ....  This is downright vulgar.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(October 10, 2015 at 10:37 pm)TRJF Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 10:33 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: You are my brother in Christ

Wait, so... holy spirit in TRS.  TRS in christ....  This is downright vulgar.

Maybe god is vorlon? *shrug*
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(October 10, 2015 at 7:07 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 4:44 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
REALLY.  Matthew 12:31:  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Don't you even know anything about this KJV you worship so slavishly??  You've been listening to preachers who never went to college again, haven't you?

What a lot of the preachers that come here to rant at us don't seem bright enough to understand is:  a LOT of us have been Christian for most of our lives.  We studied, and decided it was a bunch of crap for zillions of very good reasons.  But NOOO, you fundie zealots seem to assume that any atheist just had never HEARD the oh-so wonderful babble verses you splat all over our forum.   (missed one  ^ )   And your gawd-bible will change our stupid minds just by appearing, or something.    

Well, here ya go, fellow ex-Christians.  We're not sealed with the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost doesn't exist, never existed, and any teaching about the Holy Ghost is rancid, putrid, fermented, festering bullshit.   Is that enough blasphemy to do the trick?   I sure hope so.

you need to chill bro
(October 10, 2015 at 9:24 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Really.

You see I used to be a Christian.  Since leaving Christianity, I've committed adultery, stolen, lied, cheated, and I even blasphemed the holy spirit.

So, what exactly do I need to do to NOT be saved, because spending an eternity with that sociopathic prick of a god you worship is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

This is of course a rhetorical question because your God is not real.  But please, let's see what kind of incoherent answer you can give.

You didn't deserve it when you got saved and you don't deserve to keep it either. Yet, God says I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:28

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but HAVE everlasting life. John 3:16
If you have everlasting life and God takes it away then you never actually had everlasting life to begin with. It lasts forever. If this verse is true, then you cannot lose your salvation.

I testify that this is the true grace of God wherein you stand.

Way to not answer the question.

P.S. Your biblespam means jack shit to me.
Picture is worth a thousand words.
[Image: glad-bags-holy-bible-dr-pepper-paper-pla...stuff.jpeg]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 10, 2015 at 10:22 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 10:18 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: He was addressing the jews who were tempted to go back to animal sacrifices when the message was that Jesus was the one sufficient sacrifice. no need for other sacrifices. receiving the knowledge of truth is hearing the gospel it does not necessarily mean belief occurred.

The verses are clear. If you willingly sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth (which you claim you do), then you're fucked. Don't contradict the Bible.

Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John is very clear on salvation that believing on Jesus Christ = eternal life.
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." 1 John 5:13

The objection you make is that you can lose your salvation, and this is false. what the passage you quoted is talking about is fellowship with God. You can still be saved, but these tests are whether or not you are in fellowship with Him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 646 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44251 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6768 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3510 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8686 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9916 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3562 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35703 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9379 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4944 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris