Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 11:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
"Naturalism of the gaps" is a somewhat clever phrase. Too bad about the ancient ideas of curses and omens and pissed off gods or devils or spirits gave way to germ theory, meteorology, tectonics, and astronomy, to name a few. You have it utterly backwards - science has systematically deepened our understanding of the universe. We're not confident in naturalistic answers being found for our remaining questions due to blind faith, but because of the rather long and broad track record science has. That's not faith, it's reasonable expectation that the trend will continue because there's no reason why it shouldn't.

"God's invisible qualities... have been clearly seen." LMAO.

And you finish it off with the tired "You're just atheists because you enjoy sin" BS. Yes, please, tell me what I think. Quick, how many fingers am I holding up?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I am guessing one?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
What the bible states about hell.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 23, 2016 at 11:50 pm)IATIA Wrote: I am guessing one?

!

How did you know? Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Because I can see into the future and you had no option but to present the bird. Tongue
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(May 23, 2016 at 11:54 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(May 23, 2016 at 11:50 pm)IATIA Wrote: I am guessing one?

!

How did you know? Devil

Pretty sure it was the right middle, amirite ?
(May 24, 2016 at 12:26 am)IATIA Wrote: Because I can see into the future and you had no option but to present the bird. Tongue

Hey, work the other side of the street, willya!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 23, 2016 at 7:59 pm)snowtracks Wrote: God's invisible qualities of eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, understood from what has been made,

Hey idiot, how the fuck can you see what is invisible? If it is invisible it cannot be seen, that's the whole point of calling something invisible.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 23, 2016 at 7:59 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(April 25, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:

Quote:God's invisible qualities of eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen,

Whew, thanks - I needed a good laugh.
That's got to be the most ridiculously illogical statement I've seen in ages.    ROFLOL
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(May 24, 2016 at 3:26 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(May 23, 2016 at 7:59 pm)snowtracks Wrote: God's invisible qualities of eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, understood from what has been made,

Hey idiot, how the fuck can you see what is invisible? If it is invisible it cannot be seen, that's the whole point of calling something invisible.
'understood from what has been made'.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 668 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44309 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7043 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3517 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8701 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9938 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3571 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 36101 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9396 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4997 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris