Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you all playing right now?
RE: What are you all playing right now?
(October 12, 2016 at 8:48 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(October 12, 2016 at 12:10 am)bennyboy Wrote: This movement of bringing feminism into games pisses me off, tbh.  She can jump 100 feet while firing a fucking gun, make Molotov cocktails in 1 second, fire a grappling hook into a hoop with 100% precision, but she can't have big breasts anymore. . . cuz, you know, don't want to break the sense of realism.

Fuck that.
I lived for her 1000ft jumps, it was so funny seeing her take off like a rocket

As far as her looks go, it's not so much the realistic model that bothers me. In fact I do really like this new look, it's beautiful but without trying too hard to be sexy like the old Lara was.

I'm more pissed that they have this new girl they've created and they're marketing her as "Lara Croft", when virtually nothing about her character resembles the woman I grew up playing. Where's her signature twin pistols? Where's her aristocratic background? Where's her dry English wit, and comical deadpan non-reaction to danger?

Uh, where are the tombs she's supposed to be raiding?

Apparently the new game (which I'm not buying yet at full price, because I'm giving Square Enix all my petty for fucking us PS4 fans over), has fixed a couple of those things. Still not enough from what I've seen, I want a new actress tbh. I don't think the current actress is a bad actress at all, however she is not Lara in my opinion. There's also a lot "off" about her lines, but I blame the writers for that. It's weird, the actress speaks with a British accent, but I find a lot of her sayings and mannerisms really Americanised (if that makes sense). It's like an American who has no knowledge of British humour and dialect wrote the script.
She is british, but has lived in US (california) for going on 10 years now.
I'm playing not eating all the cake and biscuits in the cupboard game.
Been playing, and still am, RuneScape for 11½ years.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Found my old Nintendo DS charger, so I popped in Final Fantasy VI Advance. Most of my time is eaten up by other activities, work, and my wife (third trimester), so it's nice to play for a bit and easily put it down when I need to.

I did download Last of Us for PS4 last week (on sale for $10), but I need a few hours carved out to really absorb myself into it, and having that stretch is harder to come by lately.
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
Playstation VR. At least I would if I could prise the kids away from it. I have to wait till after bedtime. Good kit for the price though.
Playing music, making music, playing AoE2 HD Edition The Forgotten + African Kingdoms, playing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Sailing through and playing with the atoms of life and knowing that I'm above the bullshit irrationality of it all.
So I got the new Tomb Raider (well ahem, not new, since Square Enix fucked over us PS4 fans, but moving on...)

Some tipsy thoughts on the game post-finishing, I'll spoiler for those who intend to play or just aren't interested in my inebriated ramblings.

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(October 13, 2016 at 9:30 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Now, you have a smart-looking, feminist-looking, Lara Croft.  She IS a stereotype now.  To me, it's not a step up.  Why can't an exaggeratedly super-hot looking woman be smart and strong?

Both male and female characters are usually sexualized in games. Man are usually Rambo types with huge muscles and females on the busty side. There are exemptions. Bethesda or Bioware games usually don't take that path in their vanilla state.

I don't care for busty as well as muscle man. And ordianary guy or gal does just fine in my opinion. Some years ago I resorted to playing female characters when the opportunity way offered because I grew tired of the stereotypical hero.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 18, 2016 at 5:37 pm)abaris Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 9:30 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Now, you have a smart-looking, feminist-looking, Lara Croft.  She IS a stereotype now.  To me, it's not a step up.  Why can't an exaggeratedly super-hot looking woman be smart and strong?

Both male and female characters are usually sexualized in games. Man are usually Rambo types with huge muscles and females on the busty side. There are exemptions. Bethesda or Bioware games usually don't take that path in their vanilla state.

I don't care for busty as well as muscle man. And ordianary guy or gal does just fine in my opinion. Some years ago I resorted to playing female characters when the opportunity way offered because I grew tired of the stereotypical hero.

I have NO problem with characters of ANY appearance, so long as they are story-appropriate.  But Tomb Raider should be unrealistically hot, because. . . she just is.

I'd be equally pissed if they made the new Duke Nuke 'em a flabby computer geek with pimples-- cuz fuck that.

If I want normal, I'll look in the mirror, or ask my wife to come into the room for a second.
Playing minecraft
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 453 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Moms playing Fortnite John V 8 870 August 18, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Anyone playing PUBG? John V 1 479 July 27, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2321 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1650 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The art of not playing games Silent Snob 24 5254 March 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2811 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What are you currently playing? Shell B 27 4203 October 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are you playing right now? Bob Kelso 52 7542 November 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4023 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet