Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you all playing right now?
RE: What are you all playing right now?
Game glitches can be so frustrating Sad Hydroneer was an awesome game but no matter what you did, things could get stuck in the conveyor belts and the game would grind to a halt as they built up and up until the game couldn't handle it any more.... and/or they all went flying. So as much as I loved that game, I had to give it up because it was just too frustrating with that glitch.

Now I feel the same way about Astroneer. It's a great game but it does have a very annoying glitch; you can spend hours and hours building a complex automated process, which can involve connecting various components together with pins and wires to create complex circuits... but that's where the glitch is; your whole system works the first time but when you reload the game, half your connector pins no longer trigger what they're supposed to because the game seemingly can't store their exact spacial position perfectly, so, many of them have shifted a little bit... means you have to go round and manually reattach (some of) the pins every time you load the game. Fine for small things, I guess, but for massive circuits like the one I've just finished it's just... uggghhhh Sad I wish you could just plug them in like everything else in Astroneer, rather than have to delicately attach them to the surface of an object.

So I don't know what to do now... looking for a new game. And it seems I can't idealise more than one game at a time, so as much as I loved No Man's Sky, Astroneer shifted my focus, so now I'm just not really in a No Man's Sky frame of mind either. Ugh, I hate being in limbo like this, game wise. Fortnite's released a new game... Lego Fortnite (or something like that)... which actually looks really good; a full crafting, building, sandbox type game, completely different from Fortnite it seems, but they've released it within the ecosystem, I guess would be the right word, of Fortnite, rather than as a separate game (along with a brand new racing game as well)... which means that to download Fortnite is now a 60gb download, which is more than my Internet can take on a regular basis. I applaud them for thinking outside the box and creating completely new games, but at the same time I do not applaud them for keeping things inside the box, so to speak, by keeping them together all in the same download, because going that route it can only bigger in size, and not everyone has super fast broadband.

Anyway, rant over. Sorry just needed to get that off my chest.
Nevermind about that rant... in the cold light of day it's not a big deal, certainly not worth giving up a great game over. And I found out there's a whole new questline I didn't even know about, so there's plenty more to do in the game.

And having a great time using that anti-drift controller... it really lives up to its claims as far as I can see; I haven't had any drift issues at all with it after however many months, compared to say a PS4 controller which starts drifting within weeks of getting it in my experience. So yeah, very highly recommend this controller. Tbh I feel like I never want to use any other controller again unless I absolutely have to, so from now on I only really want to get games for the PC on account of this... basically console's pretty much dead to me now because it's so nice not having that stress about drift.
Started playing Elden Ring. Man, do I suck. I'm hoping my sword will get me through, as my bow skills are pretty damn pitiable.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 28, 2023 at 4:51 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Started playing Elden Ring. Man, do I suck. I'm hoping my sword will get me through, as my bow skills are pretty damn pitiable.

I will not play that game, because, like other games by the same developer, they do not incorporate difficulty settings to make it easier. Everyone online states it is a hard game to play.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 28, 2023 at 5:00 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(December 28, 2023 at 4:51 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Started playing Elden Ring.  Man, do I suck.  I'm hoping my sword will get me through, as my bow skills are pretty damn pitiable.

I will not play that game, because, like other games by the same developer, they do not incorporate difficulty settings to make it easier. Everyone online states it is a hard game to play.

That's a part of the game. You play, you die, you get better. Rinse, repeat. It's not the only game with that same play loop. A lot of Roguelikes have the same setup.
(December 28, 2023 at 5:23 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(December 28, 2023 at 5:00 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: I will not play that game, because, like other games by the same developer, they do not incorporate difficulty settings to make it easier. Everyone online states it is a hard game to play.

That's a part of the game. You play, you die, you get better. Rinse, repeat. It's not the only game with that same play loop. A lot of Roguelikes have the same setup.

Oh, I was not aware that it was roguelike. Definitely, not playing it now. The last part of AC:V had a roguelike section, which I avoided because it is an aspect of RPGing I cannot tolerate.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 28, 2023 at 5:29 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(December 28, 2023 at 5:23 pm)Angrboda Wrote: That's a part of the game.  You play, you die, you get better.  Rinse, repeat.  It's not the only game with that same play loop.  A lot of Roguelikes have the same setup.

Oh, I was not aware that it was roguelike. Definitely, not playing it now. The last part of AC:V had a roguelike section, which I avoided because it is an aspect of RPGing I cannot tolerate.

Elden Ring is not a Roguelike. It's a straight-up Souls-type game. Admittedly, they're not for everyone. You need a decent tolerance for frustration to enjoy them.
Exploring the clothing visual of BG3. My male char looks exceptionally yummy in Lae'zel's underwear.
~ Erin Hunter
Doing a new playthrough with a party of four bards. Much more fun than any other composition.

Discovered the harpy nest for the first time. Never knew it was there, which is why it pays off to explore everywhere. Good thing I had Laz, because I would not have made it without her psionic jump.
~ Erin Hunter
Me: Lore Bard
Astarion: Swords Bard
Karlach: Swords Bard
Shadowheart: Valor Bard

Honestly, the perfect party.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 451 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Moms playing Fortnite John V 8 867 August 18, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Anyone playing PUBG? John V 1 476 July 27, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2306 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1647 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The art of not playing games Silent Snob 24 5237 March 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2809 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What are you currently playing? Shell B 27 4193 October 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are you playing right now? Bob Kelso 52 7518 November 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4020 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet