Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaningful ideas and quotes
RE: Meaningful ideas and quotes
'Just off to do a little fishing with the lads, luv.  Back soon.' - Captain Ahab

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"The world will see me as a hero when I kill Hitler!"
- Hitler
Dying to live, living to die.
What about this one then?

'Hi, it's just me.' - Me.

"You shouldn't bite your toenails. You will chip your teeth." - me
‘The sun also rises.’ - Ernest Hemingway

‘Real fucking profound, Ernie.’ - Brian Sodding Boru4

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"It's almost as if this sentence goes nowhere and doesn't actually say much of anything, or even anything, at all it just goes on and on and it's a total and utter waste of time and energy to read besides the irony of its self-reference hopefully making it worthy of a read but even then, even including that, it's probably still not really going anywhere and, Jesus Christ, isn't it about time it ended with a question mark or something?" - me
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
‘Being fat means never having to say you’re full.’ - Victor Buono

Boru
'Typing fast, and then hitting enter (poor Enter, why does everybody keep hitting him?), means never being able to stop overexplaining your own bullshit.' - me
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
“In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.” (Carl Sagan)
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Some individuals believe what they want and cannot be persuaded differently by reason. Wild imaginative mythologies spring from such individuals. ~ Me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Famous Karl Marx Quotes vulcanlogician 7 570 October 2, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Philosophical ideas and acting "as though" bennyboy 12 2145 March 31, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: henryp
  Your favorite quotes. Lemonvariable72 42 7659 July 16, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Would any of you drive a car made by Darwin's ideas? professor 85 11829 March 14, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Cato
  Ideas of god? BrokenQuill92 0 988 January 10, 2014 at 4:02 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes liam 4 2505 September 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Some quotes, belonging to a philosopher Zenith 3 2613 May 23, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Zenith