Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
I'm not even a member of A69 anyway ...

CIJSAIJBH,

I am very worried right now.

I would trade places with you in a second.

There's nothing I can do and it's driving me insane. I need to know what's happening.

I hope you're ok.

Heart
Cijs:

I know many here are going through personal things right now. I hope everyone here can work through whatever things are troubling you and that you can find peace. This place is like a second home for me and I don't like seeing family hurting. Hugs to all that may need them.
Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Hugs burn me.

Unless they're from my offspring. Or from sickly folks, provided they don't take long.

Otherwise, they just burn, burn, burn.
Arghhh. The sting!
CIJS WTF happened to you? You're college educated, FFS. We were married for decades, did I not even know you? How is it that you're now a young earth creationist and moon landing hoaxer? I wouldn't even care if it wasn't for the fact that you're getting woo all over my kid. Fortunately, he's smart enough to know better.
(September 11, 2016 at 3:23 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: CIJS WTF happened to you?   You're college educated, FFS.  We were married for decades, did I not even know you?   How is it that you're now a young earth creationist and moon landing hoaxer?  I wouldn't even care if it wasn't for the fact that you're getting woo all over my kid.  Fortunately, he's smart enough to know better.

Holy shit, CD.  I hope your kid sees through that!

My ex, who I had thought to be one of the most level-headed people in my life, underwent a similar derailment (or should I say derangement?) of reason. In a three-year span at the tail end of our marriage, I watched her go from sensible skeptic to woo consumer extraordinaire, complete with an embrace of astrology. I still can't fathom her change. It's unsettling when someone you thought you really knew becomes a stranger.
(September 11, 2016 at 2:55 am)Thena323 Wrote: Hugs burn me.

Unless they're from my offspring. Or from sickly folks, provided they don't take long.

Otherwise, they just burn, burn, burn.
Arghhh. The sting!

I knew I recognized you. You're one of us. It's nice to see others of our kind.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
CIJS...

You said you wanted pizza, so, I made a pizza.Then you forgot about it and went to bed. If I hadn't gotten up to check, it would've still been there in morning...and had to have been tossed out.

Come on, man.
Do you think I'm in the habit of making entire meals and just throwing them in the garbage?

I'm actually not. Big Grin  

Love ya, anyway.
If people change as a result of an influence someone else exerts on them, that change might go away when that someone does as well. That can especially happen if the change was only to please/impress someone else to begin with and not perfectly genuine. It doesn't always happen though, and it's not always the case. Sometimes none of the parties are even aware of doing it, though.

I don't know how pertinent that is to what you guys were talking about there, I'm just saying I noticed that in people myself.
(September 11, 2016 at 3:46 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(September 11, 2016 at 3:23 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: CIJS WTF happened to you?   You're college educated, FFS.  We were married for decades, did I not even know you?   How is it that you're now a young earth creationist and moon landing hoaxer?  I wouldn't even care if it wasn't for the fact that you're getting woo all over my kid.  Fortunately, he's smart enough to know better.

Holy shit, CD.  I hope your kid sees through that!

My ex, who I had thought to be one of the most level-headed people in my life, underwent a similar derailment (or should I say derangement?) of reason. In a three-year span at the tail end of our marriage, I watched her go from sensible skeptic to woo consumer extraordinaire, complete with an embrace of astrology. I still can't fathom her change. It's unsettling when someone you thought you really knew becomes a stranger.

I know, right?

Yeah, he sees through it. I was concerned a few years back about how credulous he was, but he has developed into more of a skeptical inquiter, in a good way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1202 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama