Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(October 14, 2016 at 3:27 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Night, Squisherstein.

CIJS, I find your avatar just adorable, Mike.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 14, 2016 at 10:46 am)Shell B Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 1:19 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Add a third to the losses; Summer Queen too has anounced her leaving.

Staff, come on -- you're letting fine members get run off, replaced by rape apologists and narcissistic sociopaths. Is that really what you want?

People are responsible for their own emotions. I never got the idea that staff was around to make sure everyone's feelings weren't hurt.

Well it's a good thing I didn't say that, now isn't it?

It is the staff's responsibility to ensure the good health of the forum.

(October 14, 2016 at 10:46 am)Shell B Wrote: There are other places for that. This is a space where people of all opinions get together and talk. There are always going to be ruffled feathers.

No shit, Sherlock. But is this really the hill you want to defend?

I'm fine with a committment to open communication. But in that case, the staff needs to revise the rules, or at least drop the pretense that they actually enforce the rules. Because we have here two clear violations which are costing the forum valued members, and ... nothing. It's almost as if the rules are window-dressing.

If this is the forum you want, have at it. Just rename the forum 4chanLite and call it a day already. Because that's what you're going to get if you don't enforce your own rules.

Can I just say...

I have no clue what makes me feel so incredibly, irresistibly drawn to you.

Your physical appearance is an afterthought. Yes, you're objectively handsome, but that's not what makes you this special to me. Or that you have the ideal eye and hair color.

You seem fairly intelligent. Your spelling is horrendous at times but I can forgive that. We connected and I think that's what matters most. For a short moment there on that bus I felt you were my friend.

Is it that you won't look at me? That you won't show interest? That you make me think you don't like me? Is it something along the lines of playing hard to get that makes me want you?

I read that it could mean you 'like' me, that you don't look at me. That look you gave me the other day...what was it? Anger, sadness? I couldn't tell. You looked like a skeptical little boy. You didn't say hello. But you looked straight at me.

I wonder if you do actually hate me. And why would that be.

I wonder what that surprise you didn't manage to hide meant. It was in your voice while you looked at the ground. You seemed so vulnerable at that moment, though you're always confident and easy going. You seemed so shy, you, the vulgar one. Embarrassed that I wanted to go up and say hello. Surprised and sad and looking at the ground, too shy to face me.

I know what you've said to her. What offers you've made. She doesn't mind, while I would be appalled. Did you really mean that? Is that who you are? If it is... it's not getting through to me. I can't seem to be able to hold it against you.

There was something you said, about the open relationship. That you didn't want it but you'd go for it. I've felt like that too before. And that made me want to comfort you.

Do you love her? Are you really into her? She's not taking your advances seriously, I hope you know that. Yes, I'm jealous. But everybody could see that.

She's the exact opposite of me in every single aspect so if you like her... do you not like me?

Why did you seem so uncomfortable when you first said hello?

I never would've guessed you're a shy boy if that's what it is. It's adorable.

Your laugh is cute.

I had a dream about you the other day. I know it couldn't be real but I liked it a lot.

Is shyness why you always seem so cold and distant?

Whatever it is... can't get my mind off you at times. Wish you knew that. Amen.
(October 14, 2016 at 1:05 pm)Vic Wrote: Can I just say...

I have no clue what makes me feel so incredibly, irresistibly drawn to you.

Your physical appearance is an afterthought. Yes, you're objectively handsome, but that's not what makes you this special to me. Or that you have the ideal eye and hair color.

You seem fairly intelligent. Your spelling is horrendous at times but I can forgive that. We connected and I think that's what matters most. For a short moment there on that bus I felt you were my friend.

Is it that you won't look at me? That you won't show interest? That you make me think you don't like me? Is it something along the lines of playing hard to get that makes me want you?

I read that it could mean you 'like' me, that you don't look at me. That look you gave me the other day...what was it? Anger, sadness? I couldn't tell. You looked like a skeptical little boy. You didn't say hello. But you looked straight at me.

I wonder if you do actually hate me. And why would that be.

I wonder what that surprise you didn't manage to hide meant. It was in your voice while you looked at the ground. You seemed so vulnerable at that moment, though you're always confident and easy going. You seemed so shy,  you,  the vulgar one. Embarrassed that I wanted to go up and say hello. Surprised and sad and looking at the ground, too shy to face me.

I know what you've said to her. What offers you've made. She doesn't mind, while I would be appalled. Did you really mean that? Is that who you are? If it is... it's not getting through to me. I can't seem to be able to hold it against you.

There was something you said,  about the open relationship. That you didn't want it but you'd go for it. I've felt like that too before. And that made me want to comfort you.

Do you love her? Are you really into her? She's not taking your advances seriously,  I hope you know that. Yes, I'm jealous. But everybody could see that.

She's the exact opposite of me in every single aspect so if you like her... do you not like me?

Why did you seem so uncomfortable when you first said hello?

I never would've guessed you're a shy boy if that's what it is. It's adorable.

Your laugh is cute.

I had a dream about you the other day. I know it couldn't be real but I liked it a lot.

Is shyness why you always seem so cold and distant?

Whatever it is... can't get my mind off you at times. Wish you knew that. Amen.

I enjoyed reading this. Beautifully written.  Heart
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Thank you, C_L Smile was just getting it off my chest
(October 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 10:46 am)Shell B Wrote: People are responsible for their own emotions. I never got the idea that staff was around to make sure everyone's feelings weren't hurt.

Well it's a good  thing I didn't say that, now isn't it?

(October 14, 2016 at 10:46 am)Shell B Wrote: There are other places for that. This is a space where people of all opinions get together and talk. There are always going to be ruffled feathers.

I'm fine with a committment to open communication. But in that case, the staff needs to revise the rules, or at least drop the pretense that they actually enforce the rules. Because we have here two clear violations which are costing the forum valued members, and ... nothing. It's almost as if the rules are window-dressing.

If this is the forum you want, have at it. Just rename the forum 4chanLite and call it a day already. Because that's what you're going to get if you don't enforce your own rules.

Yes, it is the hill I want to defend. Funnily, the most disruption, name-calling and outright douchebaggery has come from this pair's denouncers, not the accused themselves. Moreover, I'd like you to demonstrate which rules were actually broken without referring to your own moral code of conduct, which is irrelevant. Behaving as if because the staff won't take action against your personal undesirables means they take no action and operate under some pretense is just the dramatic hyperbole of the wildly vocal minority that are outraged by this situation. If y'all would get your heads out of your asses for half a second, you'd realize that the rest of the forum is buzzing along merrily in spite of the juvenile antics of the resident SJWs.
CIJS

Welcome back Vic, it's good to see you again Smile
Group Hug thanks Em, good to see all of you too!
(October 14, 2016 at 1:26 pm)Shell B Wrote: Yes, it is the hill I want to defend. Funnily, the most disruption, name-calling and outright douchebaggery has come from this pair's denouncers, not the accused themselves.

Disruption? How so? How many members have they chased away?

Quote:Moreover, I'd like you to demonstrate which rules were actually broken without referring to your own moral code of conduct, which is irrelevant.

Sure, I'm glad you asked. It is first on the list of forum rules:

Quote:Overwhelmingly Negative Influences
Members are not allowed to engage in any activity which has an overwhelmingly negative influence on the forums as a whole. The purpose of these forums is to promote discussion and debate between people of different belief systems, which all members should try to do in a non-disruptive manner. Whilst there are no points of view that a member can hold which would be considered a negative influence, a member can be a negative influence if their behavior is consistently disruptive and upsetting to active members.

Shell Wrote:Behaving as if because the staff won't take action against your personal undesirables means they take no action and operate under some pretense is just the dramatic hyperbole of the wildly vocal minority that are outraged by this situation.

I've never advocated for banning either of those guys before, despite my long-standing dislike for both of them. The reason why is because my likes and dislikes are irrelevant. But seriously, read your own rules. It's there in black-and-white. And any idiot can see that running off members with thousands of productive posts, spewing venom with every post, is ONI.

Quote: If y'all would get your heads out of your asses for half a second, you'd realize that the rest of the forum is buzzing along merrily in spite of the juvenile antics of the resident SJWs.

And if you'd stop and read for a moment instead of thinking you know it all, you'd know that my position here is not based on any conception I might have about social justice, but is rather based the good of the forum as a whole. Of course, you've already made up your mind, and I don't doubt that this hope of mine is vain.

(October 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 10:46 am)Shell B Wrote: People are responsible for their own emotions. I never got the idea that staff was around to make sure everyone's feelings weren't hurt.

Well it's a good  thing I didn't say that, now isn't it?

What clear violations? Thump...we do enforce the rules. We also do have lives outside of AF and people reporting things like "hey look at this" or "I'm disappointed about that" that are currently clogging up our staff threads.

I think Drich's opinions are garbage. I think his behavior is shitty. But he doesn't break the rules. He just says horrible things. There's no rules against saying horrible things. Despondentfishfacedeath or whatever his name was, he was an ONI, every thread he entered turned to just him rambling about how tough life is when you're better and smarter than everyone else. Drich says horrible things but he stays on topic. He's not disrupting conversation just adding his vile opinion to it. I'm torn on it at lot because I think he deserves to be banned on a personal level. I think the forum would be better without him. But based on our rules we can't ban them. We could change the rules but the forum would be ruined. We protect our members from real threats and from trolling. We don't protect them from mean words. Whether this place is like 4chan is up to the membership not the staff. If someone says something horrible, it's up to us as members to shut them down. If someone is despicable we can deal with that the same way we deal with it in real life. By calling them out for the vile disgusting person they are.

If you see an actual rule violation please do tell because there's nothing I'd like more than to boot the fuckface out the door.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1203 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama