Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(October 27, 2016 at 7:21 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: I know what I did wrong and I regret it. I accept all the accusations being thrown at me. That being said, sorry to the people that suffered the most because of my mistakes. I believe it would be best if I stayed as far away from them as possible, so no more direct contact. That is my own decision and I believe most people would think it was right.

Here's for a new beginning. From my perspective, if not from anyone else's.

(October 27, 2016 at 8:24 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: CIJS, you've had like..half a dozen "new beginnings" here already.  Doesn't seem to stick.

I know right?

[Image: my-scale-of-caring-david-mitrchell.gif]
Pot meet kettle Ham. Not that I'm defending EP but you've also had your share of "seriously" leaving several times only to come back hours (or minutes) later.

Dodgy
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I meant it. I was sincere every single time. I've been transparently genuinely on AF ever since I joined in 2008. Patterns of fakeness is not what I leave, unlike EP, what I leave is blatantly honest and sincere total openness.

If you disagree and think I'm not sincere you're entitled to your opinion... just like I'm entitled to my opinion that EP is not sincere.

It's not the leaving repeatedly that is the problem, it's the fake leaving that is the problem. I've never fake left, I've always been sincere: every time I've said I was going to leave permanently I honestly meant it every time I just struggled to pull myself away and it was easier said than done. People know me here.

Saying "pot calling kettle back" hurts me because this isn't hypocrisy: me and EP aren't comparable as people. I am not disgruntled by the repeatedly leaving I'm disgruntled by what in my own opinion seems to be fakery on EP's part. And fakery is the very opposite of me so I'm no hypocrite. I could be wrong about EP, it's just my opinion.
Hard to take either of you seriously when you're both guilty of doing it.

IJS.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well if my sincerity means no more to you than that then I don't know what to say. Other than this:

When people know me I would think that my struggling to pull myself away from a forum while honestly expressing that I'm trying to do so means something sincere and genuine to them, rather than being comparable to when EP does it. Do you think anyone who repeatedly expresses that they are trying to leave is being insincere if they fail even when they could easily be struggling to pull themselves away? Does sincerity mean no more to you than that? Do you think some people think EP is insincere merely because of that so anyone on AF no matter how loved and cared about and how real they feel... if they started struggling to leave AF and honestly expressed over and over that they were trying to leave as they were trying to leave then they're suddenly cast off as insincere as EP is to some people?

So if I had never honestly expressed that I was trying to leave more than once... if I just said "I'm trying to leave" once and then failed repeatedly that would have been less genuine? I completely disagree because every time I changed my mind I was honest about that as well, if I omitted that I would have been less openly honest. Saying what is honestly on my mind is not insincere. Comparing me to EP because my behavior seems similar if you completely ignore my intentions and my sincerity and who you feel you know I am up until that point. Why would you do that?

Okay so if you were struggling to leave AF and kept expressing how you wanted to leave whenever you honestly felt that way and then expressed that you were honestly changing your mind when you honestly felt that way, then that would make you as insincere as EP is thought to be by some people, okay. Noted.

Sorry I'm hurt by this. I thought you knew me better than that, Nym. I thought you were my friend. If someone doesn't think I am honest how are they my friend? If they think I'm not honest then they're inclined to frequently doubt the sincerity of what I say and friendship can't be built on that. I want to be your friend but if you're suggesting I'm Pot Calling the Kettle/a hypocrite and suggesting I'm insincere then I may be a friend to you but can our friendship work if you're not being a friend to me by casting me off as an insincere hypocrite like that?

I'm really hurt by this. I thought you thought more of me than that, Nym. I was going to make some music but now I'm just too hurt. Yes how you see me as a friend and a person does mean that much to me.
Oh, don't be hurt, Evie. Nym rage quit and came back a hot minute later too. Nobody has to explain themselves about it. People get disenchanted, post about it, realize they like it here or have nothing better to do and come back. It's the circle of the Internet.
I have no control over how you choose to take things. Tone and inflection are impossible to see in written word unless they are accompanied by a myriad of emoticons. I go by what I have seen.

If you want to be all hurt because I said the truth about what I have seen, I can't help you. I'm entitled to my opinions here too, like em or leave em. I'm not going to get into it with you because I stated an observation. If you didn't want your own comings and goings commented on, perhaps you should have not commented on someone else's. I mean, you have the right to say as you wish, but don't get all hurt when your own skeletons fall out and are brought up by someone who sees where you are guilty of doing the same things. Whether or not you meant to stay away or what your reasons were, isn't the issue. The fact that you commented on EP's leaving half a dozen times, when you are guilty of doing the same thing, IS the point.

Besides, he isn't leaving. He said he was starting over. I don't see leaving being the same thing as starting over.
I can try not to be hurt but I am hurt. Sad

ETA:

@ Nym

I never said I didn't want my posts commented on. You're fine to comment whatever you want. I'm honestly expressing that I'm honestly hurt by your doubting my sincerity and calling me a hypocrite ("Pot Calling Kettle", you said)... I thought I meant more to you than that.

If you think I'm comparable to EP and think we're both insincere, you're entitled to that.

And I can express my hurt without that meaning I don't want you to comment on. I absolutely do want honesty from you and you're getting honesty back. I am honestly hurt.
(October 27, 2016 at 11:42 am)Shell B Wrote: Oh, don't be hurt, Evie. Nym rage quit and came back a hot minute later too. Nobody has to explain themselves about it. People get disenchanted, post about it, realize they like it here or have nothing better to do and come back. It's the circle of the Internet.

Yeah, I don't think I even rage quit since I was in the middle of a mafia game when that happened. Although, I will say, my posting seriously slowed down a lot for about a week or two.

But you still make a good point.
(October 27, 2016 at 11:47 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I can try not to be hurt but I am hurt. Sad

Then perhaps you should speak to your therapist about it. People are not going to walk around on eggshells to protect the feelings of others. You're in an adult world. You can either go around acting like a child who was just scolded or you can say "meh" and move on.

Bottom line Evie is this: if you're going to pick apart someone else's faults, don't act all hurt when it's done to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1203 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama