Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(October 28, 2016 at 12:25 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

Never allow yourself to give up something that makes you unique.  When this happens, you just become more like everyone else: you blend in rather than stick out; it’s like losing a part of yourself and feeling incomplete.  Thus, IMO, if you want to feel complete, then you’ve got to accept who you are by daring greatly to become more unique and beautiful with each passing day.

Surrender is ignominious. As my signature in a musician's forum reads, in a quote from Zapata, "I'll die on my feet before I live on my knees."

Be yourself and let the Devil take the hindmost.

CIJS-

Dude...I just happened to see you stealing as I was minding my own business/doing my shopping. Why the fuck are looking at me, like I did something wrong?

What? You worried I might alert someone? 

I might, if you keep looking at me like that.
(October 27, 2016 at 9:38 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: CIJS
OMFG can you just let shit go already? Jesusmotherfuckingchristonagoddamnedfuckingcracker.

Is this about me?

I'd like to publicly apologize for one thing I feel was a fault on my part yesterday:

I feel like my manners could have been a little better. I stand by the meaning of everything I said, and I don't think my manners were any worse or better than Nym's, though.

With regards to letting stuff go, if that is about me, I don't see the problem because I'm not holding any resentment to let go of. If you mean drop the subject then that's fine but you've only just told me to drop it. So if this is about me I'll drop the subject. I'll probably drop it anyway but I need to know it's about me first to definitely drop it otherwise I don't see the harm because this might not be about me. I think it's about me but I'm not sure.

I don't see the problem. I myself hold no resentment, I'm just hurt which I'm entitled to feel. A conversation doesn't have to be dropped until I'm explicitly asked to drop it because I myself am fine to talk about things and no one needs to walk on eggshells. It's those who want to drop a subject who is not fine to talk about things: But it's fine to be not fine to talk about things but it would help if I was directly told that so I'm not here wondering if you want me to also drop the subject or not.

I know that you said you were beyond done with talking about it. I thought I was too but then I changed my mind. You're done talking with it but if you'd rather I drop it and stop talking about it also, please say. I'm fine either way I'm fine talking about absolutely anything.
(October 27, 2016 at 11:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 27, 2016 at 7:42 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I hope I explained it this time.

Hams, you've explained it already, bud. It's understood.

Oh good, and thank you. So I was wrong to be told that I can't act all hurt when I am hurt and I'm entitled to express it then. But it's no big deal I'm just glad that that is resolved now.

ETA:
(October 28, 2016 at 12:25 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

Never allow yourself to give up something that makes you unique.  When this happens, you just become more like everyone else: you blend in rather than stick out; it’s like losing a part of yourself and feeling incomplete.  Thus, IMO, if you want to feel complete, then you’ve got to accept who you are by daring greatly to become more unique and beautiful with each passing day.

I agree so much!!! Big Grin

And I love being myself, who I am and how I am and I hope all my friends and everyone I care about have love and compassion for themselves and who and how they are too!

(October 28, 2016 at 1:11 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Surrender is ignominious. As my signature in a musician's forum reads, in a quote from Zapata, "I'll die on my feet before I live on my knees."

Be yourself and let the Devil take the hindmost.

^^^ This ^^^ also. Very much so. Especially the bolded part I added applied to us all.

I'm enjoying this.

P.S. I searched the idiom "Devil take the hindmost", Thump, I've never heard of it before. I understand the meaning of it means "take care of yourself because utlimately no one else will" but... I can't work out what the "hindmost" part is meant to mean literally. Like... the Devil takes care of the bad people, "hindmost"= in the back. So it basically means "leave the devil to sort out the people in the back"... so I just don't understand the "in the back" part. Is the people in the back the worse people? Is "the back" similiar in metaphor to "down below" as in hell or something? I'm confused by the "hindmost" part regarding this idiom and metaphor.

I like the karmic aspect to that in a secular commonsensical sense, simply the whole "what tends to go around tends to come around" thing, I value my honor and feel like if I just do the right thing everything will work out. And, also, did you know "honor" was etymologically related to "honesty"? Big Grin

etymonline.com Wrote:honesty (n.)
early 14c., "splendor, honor; elegance," later "honorable position; propriety of behavior, good manners; virginity, chastity" (late 14c.), from Old French oneste, honesté "respectability, decency, honorable action" (12c., Modern French uses the variant honnêteté, as if from Latin *honestitatem), from Latin honestatem (nominative honestas) "honor received from others; reputation, character;" figuratively "uprightness, probity, integrity, virtue," from honestus (see honest). Meaning "moral purity, uprightness, virtue, justness" is from c. 1400; in English, the word originally had more to do with honor than honest.

My bolding added Big Grin
I feel stupid and sick and bad.

I guess it could be good for me to compare myself with others. This won't make much sense to you, most likely. I give off such a confident vibe. Or at least I used to. Now I just see myself for the mess I am. And I want more for you. I want better and I don't think I'm it, but I still try...

The thing is I don't have any reason to doubt you. You have plenty to doubt me. So why do I act this way ? Why don't I pull myself together and deliver on those unsolicited promises I made ? I don't know . I hope to find the answer sometime soon because this is not right.
Hams, I liken it to a race with the Devil. I don't have go be faster then the Devil, I just have to be faster than the others running with me. Smile

If they're content to not be themselves, that's who the Devil will take. Me, I'll continue on in the direction of being myself.

(October 28, 2016 at 2:45 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Hams, I liken it to a race with the Devil. I don't have go be faster then the Devil, I just have to be faster than the others running with me. Smile

If they're content to not be themselves, that's who the Devil will take. Me, I'll continue on in the direction of being myself.

Epic. Sounds like a fantastic life philosophy, Thump, and in at least one sense we share it. Authenticity is also my way.

And contrivance is its enemy, IMO. (Hence my user title). Would you agree with that? (Or at least agree with it being one of the enemies of authenticity or perhaps its primary fundamental nemesis).

A race with the devil... Made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M
Well, the Mrs has gone out for the night with her friends to an Italian restaurant then the pub. Trouble is that one of her friends is staying over tonight to save her husband from getting her home, its not the one with the big fuck off hairdo btw. I'm just hoping I don't do my usual 3 sleepwalking laps of the house and getting in the wrong bed routine.
(October 27, 2016 at 8:46 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 27, 2016 at 2:27 pm)Shell B Wrote: CIJS, that it is absolutely fucking obnoxious thing to do to play goddamn bass-y pop music in the middle of the work day on your shitty surround sound system when you know your upstairs neighbor is an elderly woman and your next-door neighbors are both professionals who work from home. Save it for Saturday, you annoying fucking tools. I shouldn't have to play my own music to drown out yours. It's stupidly inconsiderate. How can you even afford to live here?! Gah!

Ugh, neighbors are the WORST!  We have college kids upstairs, and last weekend they had a huge party and someone puked over the railing and onto our balcony!  Wtf?  I ask myself the same thing: how do they afford it here?  House hunting cannot begin soon enough!  Are you in an apartment complex ShellB?

Oh, gross. Spray them with the hose next time.

We live in a townhouse. We love the place, but feel the same as you–excited to house hunt. We're being super meticulous about where and what we buy, though, so it will be a little while.
I don't trust contrived people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1204 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama