Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
Mama, Sounds like you need a really good hug and a friend to just wisk you and your kids out of that place.

I wish you lived here. You'd be far away from that madness.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
CIJS: When I offer to spring for a meal and ask where you'd like to go, name someplace. This 'Oh, it doesn't matter' or 'You're offering to pay, you decide' nonsense is tiresome. I wind up picking the place, and then you bitch about the menu. You're a good friend and a generally fine person, but this quirk of yours is becoming a significant irritant to me. Even my wife has commented on it, and Ellen is the most awesomely forgiving person I know. Come on.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Boru: my mother has a similar problem, and I think that she has some latent fear that she'll be blamed if she makes a decision and things don't go well. She prefers the opposite-- let someone else make the decisions so that she can complain if things don't go as hoped. The worst was when she needed help and would not make decisions because she was almost paralyzed by that fear. And by "needed help" I'm referring to the time when she suffered a bad contusion from a fall and waved off offers of help until I got home and she was nearly delirious from the pain. Also by "needed help" was the time she was having a FUCKING HEART ATTACK and thought that dropping hints and then waving off my concern was the proper course of action.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 17, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Cijs...
I think I need to move far away. I need to start fresh. I'm not going to make it here. I keep hearing my mind screaming "help", but I don't help myself. This time it seemed like the scare made you see how bad you have been and how much you need help, but you pass by, don't see my car, and mayhem ensues. There comes a time when one must admit a fault. I enable people. I enable you to keep me in fear. I enable others too. I just sit here and allow this to happen because they said you will be arrested and I'm worried you'll lose that job you love. I allow it to happen because you cry and I feel bad for you. One moment you yell at me that I'm a cheap whore, a gross pile of pork meat, that I deserved what happened to me as a teen, that you will make sure the kids grow up hating their dyke mother, that you will tell everyone that I'm a whore, you publicly shame me by posting my texts online, you yell at me that I don't even matter because you had your girlfriend since before our marriage ended, and you tell our son that I'm a drug addict just because I take prescribed antidepressants. Then... you call me and beg me for fucking sex, tell me that you need it and it would help you, and that you'll come down here anyway and I can call the cops if I want, but phrase it "I want to be with you." Shoot me now. I'm as good as dead. It's been years of your abuse and you still won't let me move on. I can't anymore. I keep protecting you and wtf! You deserve what's happening to you! Fuck you! Let me live. Please. I can't breathe. I'm losing everything and everyone and lost my only chance at love because of you and I don't think I will ever forgive myself for letting you get away with that. Fuck you.

CIJS... you. You're gay. We both know this by now. You put on a good show and convinced me otherwise at first, but dude, you're gay. I won't be your closet. Just staaaaaahp. Admit it. Find yourself a dude.

And you...
I remember you sometimes. Your voice mainly. I smile when I remember. I wish you knew I was only trying to protect you from all of this. Hope you're safe and happy.

Girl, you gotta cut the toxic people out of your life once and for all.  If you keep letting them in, nothing will ever change or get better.  Just sayin'; cuz I'm concerned.   Heart
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(December 17, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Mamacita Wrote:  I just sit here and allow this to happen because they said you will be arrested and I'm worried you'll lose that job you love. I allow it to happen because you cry and I feel bad for you.

You feel bad for the person he USED to be. Or who you thought he was.
Bottom line: That person no longer exists...he's dead and gone.

Now, you're  dealing with a monster who happens to be wearing his skin. Cold calculation, and ruthless pragmatism is in order....and nothing but. 

Flip the switch, then rip it from the wall. Let him continue to think you're weak; He'll never see it coming.
If you manage to play it just so, he won't even know it came from you. Wink 

Good luck, Mama.
Thanks for the advise, you guys. I appreciate it. Heart
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(December 17, 2016 at 9:07 pm)Tonus Wrote: Boru: my mother has a similar problem, and I think that she has some latent fear that she'll be blamed if she makes a decision and things don't go well.  She prefers the opposite-- let someone else make the decisions so that she can complain if things don't go as hoped.  The worst was when she needed help and would not make decisions because she was almost paralyzed by that fear.  And by "needed help" I'm referring to the time when she suffered a bad contusion from a fall and waved off offers of help until I got home and she was nearly delirious from the pain.  Also by "needed help" was the time she was having a FUCKING HEART ATTACK and thought that dropping hints and then waving off my concern was the proper course of action.

Ok, that sounds just a smidge more serious than what I'm dealing with...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 17, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Cijs...
I think I need to move far away. I need to start fresh. I'm not going to make it here. I keep hearing my mind screaming "help", but I don't help myself. This time it seemed like the scare made you see how bad you have been and how much you need help, but you pass by, don't see my car, and mayhem ensues. There comes a time when one must admit a fault. I enable people. I enable you to keep me in fear. I enable others too. I just sit here and allow this to happen because they said you will be arrested and I'm worried you'll lose that job you love. I allow it to happen because you cry and I feel bad for you. One moment you yell at me that I'm a cheap whore, a gross pile of pork meat, that I deserved what happened to me as a teen, that you will make sure the kids grow up hating their dyke mother, that you will tell everyone that I'm a whore, you publicly shame me by posting my texts online, you yell at me that I don't even matter because you had your girlfriend since before our marriage ended, and you tell our son that I'm a drug addict just because I take prescribed antidepressants. Then... you call me and beg me for fucking sex, tell me that you need it and it would help you, and that you'll come down here anyway and I can call the cops if I want, but phrase it "I want to be with you." Shoot me now. I'm as good as dead. It's been years of your abuse and you still won't let me move on. I can't anymore. I keep protecting you and wtf! You deserve what's happening to you! Fuck you! Let me live. Please. I can't breathe. I'm losing everything and everyone and lost my only chance at love because of you and I don't think I will ever forgive myself for letting you get away with that. Fuck you.

CIJS... you. You're gay. We both know this by now. You put on a good show and convinced me otherwise at first, but dude, you're gay. I won't be your closet. Just staaaaaahp. Admit it. Find yourself a dude.

And you...
I remember you sometimes. Your voice mainly. I smile when I remember. I wish you knew I was only trying to protect you from all of this. Hope you're safe and happy.
oh my goodness

Is your partner using you as a beard? Fuck him. I want to punch guys who do that so bad, don't stand for it

I'd honestly out him if he's been lying to you for that long, and I don't normally condone outing people. He deserves it.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(December 17, 2016 at 10:02 pm)Regina Wrote: oh my goodness

Is your partner using you as a beard? Fuck him. I want to punch guys who do that so bad, don't stand for it

I'd honestly out him if he's been lying to you for that long, and I don't normally condone outing people. He deserves it.

No no no lol
The first (long) part of my post was about my ex husband.
The second CIJS was about a dude who wants to date me, but just wants to hide the fact that he's gay.
And then there's a third. It's not all just for one person. Sorry. I made a confuse. Lol
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Ohhhh ok, yeah I did think it seemed a bit disjointed. My friend knows a couple like that though and he talks about them all the time, where the guy is gay and she has no idea. I don't know why he doesn't out him tbh.

Well I hope everything turns out ok Smile
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 931 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1197 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 470 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama