Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS -- dude, you're flailing. Seriously.

I swear, the keyboard system file driver needs to get its act together before I flip shit; I have to use DevCon to disable the keyboard and use an external USB connected keyboard for this shite.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
CIJS:
Baby, you're growing up so fast, and while I'm glad you are, I'm missing you. Is that wrong? I mean, you're here, but I miss you needing me more, hugging me more, wanting to go with me to the store. Now it's difficult to convince you to get out of the house to go have dinner somewhere. I love that you have friends, but I'm a little bit jealous of them. I'm proud of you for being the way you are, so confident, friendly, and independent, but I miss you asking me for help or asking me for input. I don't want to guilt trip you, so I'll just post here. Love you, son.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Genuinely brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful.

* Edwardo Piet is soppy sometimes
It is really that hard to park in a spot that doesn't block the fucking sidewalk to my home?
CIJS, my store is having a little Valentine's day competition where the associates (if they want to participate) need to guess how many Hershey's kisses are in a jar (the jar is cylindrical and it is completely filled with kisses).  Now, as I was on my break, an associate asked me for help in figuring this out.  Eventually, it came to me to make use of the good old volume formula for a cylinder: V=(pi)*r^2*h.  I told her that if we got a measuring tape, we could determine the radius (3.375 in) and height (6in) of the jar and then proceed to calculate the volume.  Hence, (pi)*(3.375in)^2*(6in) worked out to approximately 214 in^3.

Now, I pulled up an image of a cubic inch on my phone and showed it to her.  I then guessed that we could definitely get at least two in there (a safe guess) but may be able to fit another in (inserting it sideways or whatever). As a result, she decided to go with 2*214 cubes=428 (though she rounded to 430).  Hence, I had fun with this, and I could see that she was happy, which is what mattered most to me.

CIJS - Don't leave the chocolate bars sitting there for like 2 weeks, not eating any, and then come shouting at us for "eating them all". Wtf

[Image: 1473886575-too-dark.gif]

Get in there early and get your fair share if it means that much to you, don't sit on it and then complain.

I hate siblings.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

CIJS...
I can't fucking wait for this day to be over. I will love tomorrow so much. I'll be so happy that today is gone, that everyone will think I got laid. That's how big a smile I'll be wearing.

That being said... looks delicious. It's thoughtful. Hey, look at my cat. Innit cute? Uh... quesadilla? K. Er. I... gotta pee now. Say hi to your cat for me. Bye!

Whew.

Also... I made too much salsa. Three jars. Anyone want some?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
CIJS, I wish I could get into the mind/life of you and figure you out? I truly do love understanding people, though sometimes the effort is taxing. What do you get out of patronizing other people, and why do you need to walk off when confronted (and confront me when I didn't react to your intended compliment the way you want?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(February 15, 2017 at 1:34 am)Mamacita Wrote: CIJS...
I can't fucking wait for this day to be over. I will love tomorrow so much. I'll be so happy that today is gone, that everyone will think I got laid. That's how big a smile I'll be wearing.

That being said... looks delicious. It's thoughtful. Hey, look at my cat. Innit cute? Uh... quesadilla? K. Er. I... gotta pee now. Say hi to your cat for me. Bye!

Whew.

Also... I made too much salsa. Three jars. Anyone want some?

Yes....Send me a jar Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 935 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1218 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama