Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS,

Today at work, a group of women were in the lunch room and one of the woman remarked that I have a cute personality.  In fact, a few of the women in that group have actually made this friendly observation to me before, but I guess I did something today that prompted the nice woman to give me a friendly reminder.  Hence, I appreciated her acknowledgement even though it did kind of catch me off guard.

Overall, the lunch room was just a beautiful scene: the group of women had brought in snacks for each other, and they were offering it to others (including me; I had some fruit) while sharing some nice conversations and laughs.  IMO, it was a nice warm scene and it will definitely be a very memorable workplace experience for me.

(February 28, 2017 at 10:33 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

Today at work, a group of women were in the lunch room and one of the woman remarked that I have a cute personality.  In fact, a few of the women in that group have actually made this friendly observation to me before, but I guess I did something today that prompted the nice woman to give me a friendly reminder.  Hence, I appreciated her acknowledgement even though it did kind of catch me off guard.

Overall, the lunch room was just a beautiful scene: the group of women had brought in snacks for each other, and they were offering it to others (including me; I had some fruit) while sharing some nice conversations and laughs.  IMO, it was a nice warm scene and it will definitely be a very memorable workplace experience for me.

I may just be paranoid but look for ulterior motives. Especially in a workplace chock a block with women. 

I've been bait before.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Ya it, didya get any phone numbers?

Jesus Fucking Christ;

L, I just found out your cancer is in remission and at the same time, you're diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Goddammit to hell . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

CIJS,

I just ordered The Mediator's Handbook by Jennifer E. Beer and Conflict Across Cultures by Michelle LeBaron.  I'm a total geek when it comes to this stuff, so I'm looking forward to reading these.  I've definitely got to brush up and read some more conflict resolution articles too, as I've been slacking off lately.  Perhaps, with enough hard work and experience, I may have the honor of earning the title of peacemaker and becoming a unique master of the peacemaking/conflict resolution art-form in my own way.  Well, with that said, I will have to settle for being a student of this stuff for now. Live long and prosper AF members and anyone else.

Cijs

You've had majority custody for the last two years and you've turned her into a spoiled little brat that shows no appreciation for anything.

Thanks for that. Asshole.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 28, 2017 at 11:10 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I may just be paranoid but look for ulterior motives. Especially in a workplace chock a block with women. 

I've been bait before.

Women taking advantage of nice men? Unheard of!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
... I slept for a whole day and I don't regret it.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
CIJS...
Faaaaaaaaaaaaahk! Gawd dammit! You leave for a day and a half, show up smelling like grass, walk in like whatever right passed me as I'm struggling to cook dinner while answering all this little boy's questions. Then you jump on the counter top and drop all the chopped veggies to the fucking floor! What a fucking waste! I'm so angry I can't even look at you, Figaro.
Cats, man. Can't live with em, can't live without em.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
CIJSAIJBH...

I know I obsess, but welcome back (tomorrow, anyway), and on to the SCCL for you!

For now, let's get Loony!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 935 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1218 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama