Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS,

I bumped into a gentleman tonight at work, and I must say that it opened up a part of me that I had closed off.  Initially, he asked if I was in Mensa (he is a Mensa member) and if I had played chess with him before.  I told him that I am a member but didn't remember playing him in chess.  Now, once he brought up playing a guy who looked just like me and who was playing chess against him blindfolded, I remembered the gentleman; our games must have occurred about six years ago.  In addition, he remarked multiple times that I had a brilliant, unique mind and was inquiring about what I was doing with it.  However, I simply told him that I like math and study it every now and then.  As a result, he inquired about whether I was working on anything or creating something.  In response, I said no, and to be honest, while his remarks were very flattering, I really wanted to tell him straight up that I'm nothing intellectually special or unique: I'm just a guy who likes and appreciates ideas .  

Now, interestingly enough, my conversation with him prompted me to recollect an occasion where I used Warnsdorf's rule (Pohl's rule for tie breakers) to create an open knight's tour on an 8X8 chess board completely in my mind without a board, pen, or paper.  Naturally, once I finished, I wrote the chess notation out on paper and confirmed that my tour was correct; eventually, I was able to mentally tweak it into a closed tour. However, I concluded that it would be a waste of time developing and cultivating this ability and/or searching for areas where this ability could be useful.  As a result, I closed the door on this.  In addition, over the years, I have chosen to  keep mensa, along with other intellectual things that make me oddballish, to myself.  

With that said, it was nice to see the gentleman, and to be honest, I have occasionally wondered about how he was doing.  When I was talking with him tonight, he looked well and happy.  In addition, it looks like he is certainly putting his mind to good use. 

Well, on that note, I wish him well on his life journey, and it is my hope that his chosen path in life brings him success and happiness. 

Live long and prosper young gentleman, AF members, and anyone else.

(April 13, 2017 at 1:19 pm)Longhorn Wrote:
(April 13, 2017 at 10:22 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: One foot in front of the other, Vic ... that's the way.

That's what I'm trying to do. Really glad to see you here again, Thump Smile

Thanks, Vic. Had a lot going on irl -- and still do, I won't be around much -- but y'all's kind words are appreciated.

I'm glad you seem to have a little happy footing going on, and send my hopes for more on your part.

Why do you make excuses when you wanna show your boobs? Lol why do you have to say, "my new nails" and then there's a picture of your nails at the very bottom of the screen, while your boobs take up the rest of the screen. Or... "Here, being a mom." And poor baby is in the background while you strike a pose that causes your butt to look like it's coming off your body and again, butt takes up most of the screen. Lol! Girl! Own it! Show your boobs and butt! Just be honest! Don't front. You want us to look at your boobs. Great! Let's! Don't blame it on baby or new nail color! Lmao it's too damn funny!! I mean! There's no booby hate here. Obviously. I just don't understand all this posing for the camera and pretending it was about your new Dodgers hat or your new bag. Giiiiiiiiiiirl. We saw the lollipop in your mouth and the butt sticking out and the sexy smile. We saw it. Just like you intended. I want to like your picture, but blaming it on baby ruined it. Wtf! Lmao! Bro in law thought the same thing. Whole thread about you. Hahahahaha you're as easy to read as you are hot. Too bad you can't just be straight forward.

My two cents.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(April 14, 2017 at 9:14 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Why do you make excuses when you wanna show your boobs? Lol why do you have to say, "my new nails" and then there's a picture of your nails at the very bottom of the screen, while your boobs take up the rest of the screen. Or... "Here, being a mom." And poor baby is in the background while you strike a pose that causes your butt to look like it's coming off your body and again, butt takes up most of the screen. Lol! Girl! Own it! Show your boobs and butt! Just be honest! Don't front. You want us to look at your boobs. Great! Let's! Don't blame it on baby or new nail color! Lmao it's too damn funny!! I mean! There's no booby hate here. Obviously. I just don't understand all this posing for the camera and pretending it was about your new Dodgers hat or your new bag. Giiiiiiiiiiirl. We saw the lollipop in your mouth and the butt sticking out and the sexy smile. We saw it. Just like you intended. I want to like your picture, but blaming it on baby ruined it. Wtf! Lmao! Bro in law thought the same thing. Whole thread about you. Hahahahaha you're as easy to read as you are hot. Too bad you can't just be straight forward.

My two cents.

Have you told her about all of the benefits and enjoyment that comes from being an active member of AF?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
CIJS

The previous two posts make me in the first incredibly confused, and in the second, laugh out loud Big Grin
(April 14, 2017 at 9:32 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 14, 2017 at 9:14 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Why do you make excuses when you wanna show your boobs? Lol why do you have to say, "my new nails" and then there's a picture of your nails at the very bottom of the screen, while your boobs take up the rest of the screen. Or... "Here, being a mom." And poor baby is in the background while you strike a pose that causes your butt to look like it's coming off your body and again, butt takes up most of the screen. Lol! Girl! Own it! Show your boobs and butt! Just be honest! Don't front. You want us to look at your boobs. Great! Let's! Don't blame it on baby or new nail color! Lmao it's too damn funny!! I mean! There's no booby hate here. Obviously. I just don't understand all this posing for the camera and pretending it was about your new Dodgers hat or your new bag. Giiiiiiiiiiirl. We saw the lollipop in your mouth and the butt sticking out and the sexy smile. We saw it. Just like you intended. I want to like your picture, but blaming it on baby ruined it. Wtf! Lmao! Bro in law thought the same thing. Whole thread about you. Hahahahaha you're as easy to read as you are hot. Too bad you can't just be straight forward.

My two cents.

Have you told her about all of the benefits and enjoyment that comes from being an active member of AF?

lol! Naaaaah. I don't want her seeing my boobs.
(April 14, 2017 at 9:51 pm)Mamacita Wrote:
(April 14, 2017 at 9:32 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Have you told her about all of the benefits and enjoyment that comes from being an active member of AF?

lol! Naaaaah. I don't want her seeing my boobs.

Stop thinking only of yourself. We have needs you know. Not wants, NEEDS!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 14, 2017 at 10:07 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 14, 2017 at 9:51 pm)Mamacita Wrote: lol! Naaaaah. I don't want her seeing my boobs.

Stop thinking only of yourself. We have needs you know. Not wants, NEEDS!

Violin

Lol
CIJS don't smoke in the house. You aren't being sneaky. I can smell it from outside your room all too easily. Take it outside.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I posted this on another forum tonight, but it fits here too --

Quote:Another good, and sober, day in the books. Tested a bit at work -- short-handed by a call-in on a very busy Friday night, and my only cashier was not only two hours late but bringing her personal life into work.

I made the decision early into the shift when I saw what a crap-sandwich I was being served that no matter what, I will be happy today, and I managed it. Focusing on the job at hand did much, and when my thoughts veered to resentment, applying some of the principles of recovery sure helped me reel in my feelings. Two years ago this would simply have been another excuse to get hammered; a year ago I would have been struggling mightily against an obnoxiously loud AV.

Tonight was all about I got this. It's simply amazing what both serenity and determination (an odd combo, right?) can do for us.

I hope all is well with everyone. You guys were part of my success tonight. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 945 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama