Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(May 5, 2017 at 3:12 pm)Shell B Wrote: Weird. People are weird.

Here, it's all about food and tequila. Just stuff that comes from Mexico that we like.

Poc, my Mexican buddy (was my roommate for a few years) always spelled it Mayo. I wonder if it's regional?

It kinda is regional Tongue

Spanish: Mayo
Portuguese: Maio

In Portuguese, the letters K, W and Y are not used. K was converted mostly into C, W into U or V, depending on the origin of the word and Y into I. The sounds remain the same.... and this all happened a bit before I was born... in 1910, or so...
(May 4, 2017 at 10:22 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo.

I'll have my eyes ready to roll back as far as I can for every non-Mexican wearing a stereotypical "Mexican costume". Fuck you.

Oh yeah, CIJS? Yeah, I can say.

I won a $100 bet one year with a coworker who thought Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day lol

-Teresa
(May 5, 2017 at 5:52 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:

I'll have my eyes ready to roll back as far as I can for every non-Mexican wearing a stereotypical "Mexican costume". Fuck you.

I won a $100 bet one year with a coworker who thought Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day lol

-Teresa
Ha! That's a common mistake. Like... every Mexican holiday HAS to be our "version of the fourth of July". Then when we're festive on September 16th, people are confused. Lol
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(May 5, 2017 at 7:31 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Ha! That's a common mistake. Like... every Mexican holiday HAS to be our "version of the fourth of July". Then when we're festive on September 16th, people are confused. Lol

My wife and I got married in Vegas on 9-16. Had no clue what the hell was going on. Little street carnivals all over, plus they were having a gay pride celebration that same week, the parade went right down the street in front of what passed for a chapel. Add an excessive amount of alcohol and mix in the normal Vegas shenanigans, we were delightfully confused and entertained. 

Don't ask about the flight home.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I need to kill you. And if that means digging you up and doing it all over again, so be it.

I don't remember how old I was. I don't remember half the shit you said to me. I don't remember how old you said you were. I don't remember how fucked up you were. I don't know if you could go to jail for this but I'm betting on no.

It doesn't matter. Even if it wasn't a crime, it was inappropriate. You were bad company. You were trouble. You messed me up for years to come. Made me feel all alone with the pain. You were fucked in the head and you passed your warped mindset onto me for a while. You made me fall out with my mother in the scariest event of my life. You showed me all those sick things. And to this day you haunt me. In my thoughts and nightmares. The fallout from the past still confuses me. You put these thoughts and feelings in my head, but I'm not like you. I'm not you.

It's not "all" your fault, but a lot of it is. And I want you to be gone. You've been dead to me since I understood you were bad. And now I want to bury you. Finally put you to rest.

I swore that I would never become you. Because what would have been the point of all that pain, all that time if I became you? I won't be like you. I'll put a bullet through my head before that happens.

In a way I loved you. No matter what it looked like from the outside. And you hurt me in many ways until I was kind of old enough to "know better". And now I'm still cleaning up the mess you made. I'm sick of it. Of your influence on my life. I want to be free from you, if it's the last thing I do.

Goodbye, Y.
/thread
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 6, 2017 at 12:20 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: /thread

Sowwy ._.

CIJS...
You're my favorite person. Sometimes more than others. And we couldn't be more different and more similar at the same time. Wtf?
(May 7, 2017 at 12:29 pm)Longhorn Wrote:
(May 6, 2017 at 12:20 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: /thread

Sowwy ._.

Oh no, that was more of a mic drop, tough act to follow /thread
Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
CIJS,

I've done a couple of math (calculus I) help phone sessions with my co-worker now.  He has been surprised that they have turned out so well: he felt that we both communicated very well, and that I was able to effectively explain the details of the quiz problems that he had incorrectly answered. 

With that said, tonight's session, which focused on u substitutions, made me appreciate the world of rich, stimulating ideas that calculus opens up.  In particular, IMO, regarding u subs, being able to take an integral of a difficult function and transform it (via u substitution) into an integral of an elementary function that can be easily integrated, is just awesome and fascinating.

*Puts away large false moustache and oversized hat*

Angel
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 944 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama